Mcarthy allowing back of the head strikes

Go rewatch the fight. big john did tell him to watch the back of the head a couple times. Not nearly as much as most other refs but cormier was told.

Yep. I heard McCarthy warn him. Also, Staring was turning his head so he would get hit there. Wasn't like Cormier was aiming for the back of the head.

I never really thought about it like that. Interesting point, brah.

I've noticed this too. As a fan it doesn't really bother me, TBH.
I think it's a silly abuse of the rules. But then my opinion is terribly biased as I'm a supporter of kicks/knees to a downed opponent.

Just bleed barbarian, I know.

No no, I'm cool with it. I get pissed off when somebody symbolically puts a hand on the floor, and fuck Jones' stupid crawl.

Pride and knees to the head never die.

No no, I'm cool with it. I get pissed off when somebody symbolically puts a hand on the floor, and fuck Jones' stupid crawl.

Pride and knees to the head never die.

agreed. in any normal sport, when contestants find a stupid loophole, it gets closed. leagues that are owned by the team owners meet annually and implement rule changes, sometimes small, sometimes big, but they do every year.

alas, the AC's are both busy and political to bother making small changes to the rules to fix "gray" areas.

good with the bad (baby & bathwater & all that shit) i suppose. good = without AC's we wouldn't have MMA in the state it is today; bad = hand down while is defined as "grounded opponent".

hey, that formula where people say things like "obvious troll is obvious" is for fucking nerds. quit it. it's not funny and it's just flat out annoying. be original you hack.

Yet another internet tough-guy. LOL.

I've seen other refs do the same, if the supposed strike was caused by the fighter turning his back of the head on the moment of the strike to cause the foul. It's different than simply blasting your opponent on the back of the head, Cormier was actually looking for legal strikes but his opponent was moving his head non-stop and turning his back of the head

Just like when Hendo landed his last couple of shots to Fedor's head, everybody threw a party like they didn't notice, same with Cormier and Starring.

Back