Mayweather's top 5 fighters of all time

It was a shitty list, but it was interesting listening to his reasoning. You get a lot of his Father and Uncle's reasoning out of him (and I'm not disregarding what they say as they know more than enough about the sport). Interesting video.

It was a shitty list, but it was interesting listening to his reasoning. You get a lot of his Father and Uncle's reasoning out of him (and I'm not disregarding what they say as they know more than enough about the sport). Interesting video.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I wonder what Seano's gonna think of Duran's placement lol.

I don't think Floyd has his stats right...
some thoughts

nice to see Floyd paying some respect to Duran and Whitaker but they are too high imo..

Ray RObinson not in the top 5...

Ali was only in one weight class but it was a weight class where you can fight people with enough of a weight difference to cover all the other weight classes.. not that he did, but that just highlights the flaw in Floyd's logic

and Floyd is right.. it's his list.. he can be number 1 if he wants...

Ray RObinson not in the top 5...

That's fine with me. Not everybody has to see it all the same.

I've seen people having top 10's without Robinson. At least they have an own opinion...I have the impression that some fellas have Robinson ranked so high just because a lot of boxing fans say so.

That's fine with me. Not everybody has to see it all the same.

I've seen people having top 10's without Robinson. At least they have an own opinion...I have the impression that some fellas have Robinson ranked so high just because a lot of boxing fans say so.

128-1 by the time he was 30 with wins over multiple hall of famers

anybody that doesn't have him in the top ten is simply trying to be trendy...

I wonder how his list would have been without limiting the choices to just these guys. Would have been more interestin imo.

Also there is no place for Ali to go, he's already at heavyweight. Don't think that should affect his all time status as much as Floyd thinks. Ali before the suspension is still the heavyweight GOAT imo.

Odd list but he's picking his favorites for sentimental reasons. Notice that they're mostly from the same era, an era in which he probably watched a lot of boxing.

It's easy to be undefeated with pussy ass 8-ounce gloves. Sugar Ray Robinson would end his career with one punch in a real fight.

It's easy to be undefeated with pussy ass 8-ounce gloves. Sugar Ray Robinson would end his career with one punch in a real fight.

lol

I can't tell if you're being serious.

Weird list. Whittaker should have beat Chavez though.

Does floyd speak Spanish? He seemed to know what the taller dude was asking him

The list was far from perfect but better than many other boxers' lists then again he only had a few boxers to chose from.

But Armstrong and SRR are a lock nd Armstrong especially.

And tbh i never was that amazed by Chavez. he is obviously an ATG and had ATG skills but he did lose to Whitaker and h2h he would lose some fights.

Whitaker should have a W over Chavez but still I wouldn't put him in the top 5 skill wise he even might be but not resume wise.

But I think it's impossible to make an order within the top 5 or even top 10

Interesting list...very flawed...

Robinson belongs on everyone's list.

His reasoning as to why Duran is #2 applies more so to SRR.

And his reasoning as to why Ali is # 5 was political, nothing really as to his boxing talent.

What was his list? Can't watch the video right now.

He's not in my top 5 and I moved him up quite a bit with his win over Manny. That being said, there are a lot of much more accomplished boxers who deserve to be ranked above him. As for not having Ray Robinson in your top 10... LOL "You don't know shit about boxing."

He's not in my top 5 and I moved him up quite a bit with his win over Manny. That being said, there are a lot of much more accomplished boxers who deserve to be ranked above him. As for not having Ray Robinson in your top 10... LOL "You don't know shit about boxing."

It's not like anyone is obligated to have a always-subjective list. Just reading some comments here you get the impression that a secret contract has been made that prescribes an objective list.

Some of the people who have those top 5 or top 10 are pretty knowledgable, among them various accomplished pro boxers. I don't know what their criteria is, probably just personal taste and nothing that can be backed up with numbers.

Although I find it odd that boxing fans hold SRR so high; even though theres barely footage of his real prime and even though he ducked the Black Murderers row. But why is he so often the only one from that time that is held so high? What about someone like Archie Moore, Benny Leonard, Willie Pep or Ezzard Charles? Nobody feels offended when they don't get mentioned.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back