Mayweather will lose against an MMA fighter in stand up battle with clinches allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheApotheosis**

White Belt
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I got from the Maidana fight.

Tired of hearing boxing fans say "Any top level boxer will destroy any top level MMA fighter in the stand up if kicks/knees/elbows weren't allowed"

In a stand up battle with only punches allowed(no knees,elbows,etc) but with clinching being legal....an MMA fighter will destroy Mayweather with punches!

Just look at how Maidana, basically was just controlling Mayweather, pushing him up against the ring, completely controlling mayweather.

Now imagine if an MMA fighter was doing that to floyd, an MMA fighter who knows how to control from the clinch.

Hell it would even worst if it was up against the cage, Floyd wouldn't be able to lean his head of out the cage to make the opponent miss.....He was lucky it was ring where he could lean out.

Not to mention Maidana style is basically very similar to alot of MMA fighters, with that brawler type awkward style that gave mayweather so many problems.

So yeah, in a real stand up battle with no ref breaking up fighters for 2 seconds of clinching.....Floyd would get destroyed by any good MMA fighter.

So no, Floyd Mayweather isn't the best stand up puncher in the world....He might be the best boxer under boxing rules where you can't clinch but no not the best stand up puncher.

mc63t.gif

Vica-Kerekes.gif

I feel anyone unfortunate enough to click on this thread should get some decent music and a good gif.

Comparing Maidana's striking to an MMA fighter is so disrespectful it borderline makes me mad, but then I realize you are probably a teen in high school and you know no better.

Floyd would show no respect to anyone in MMA. The Octagon is nearly twice the size of the boxing ring they fought in.

probably true in a cage. What about an open field where you couldn't be pushed up against a fence?

Comparing Maidana's striking to an MMA fighter is so disrespectful it borderline makes me mad, but then I realize you are probably a teen in high school and you know no better.

Floyd would show no respect to anyone in MMA. The Octagon is nearly twice the size of the boxing ring they fought in.

LMFAO if you don't think any good MMA fighter would get in a clinch with mayweather in the octagon and simply push him against the cage.

Sorry, but there wouldn't be any ref to save Mayweather.

Maidana was a brawler....hell he was analyzed as a brawler by the so called Boxing experts....but all of sudden now Maidana is Boxing technician just because Maidana style is similar to those of MMA fighters.

Can't believe you typed all that shit out

LMFAO if you don't think any good MMA fighter would get in a clinch with mayweather in the octagon and simply push him against the cage.

Maidana was a brawler....hell he was analyzed as a brawler by the so called Boxing experts....but all of sudden now Maidana is Boxing technician just because Maidana style is similar to those of MMA fighters.

You misunderstand being a brawler and having techniques/skills to accentuate your style. Maidana would absolutely destroy anyone in MMA withing seconds in a boxing match.

Like I said, the OCtagon is twice as big as a boxing ring. If Mayweather gets clinched it's not going to look like the same kind of clinch that was in a boxing match.

Classic, it's really not worth it on this forum. You're not going to get meaningful responses from people like him.

You misunderstand being a brawler and having techniques/skills to accentuate your style. Maidana would absolutely destroy anyone in MMA withing seconds in a boxing match.

Like I said, the OCtagon is twice as big as a boxing ring. If Mayweather gets clinched it's not going to look like the same kind of clinch that was in a boxing match.

It will look worst.

Mayweather isn't used to clinch.....an MMA fighter has too much clinching experience to beat him.

Maidana might have a chance against MMA fighters in a stand up match because it seems like he at least have some control in the clinch.

After watching the maidana fight it's pretty obvious that if you shoot mayweather he'd hit the canvas

Even the brawliest of brawler in boxing (keyword here being in boxing), is going to know more about pure boxing than someone who spends only a fraction of their training time on boxing. ...

I thought this thread would be about a clinch with knees and elbows and throws...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back