Mayweather vs Pacquiao Superthread (DO NOT POST OTHERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left some feedback for Floyd, it says "your comment is awaiting moderation", I don't think it'll ever see the light of day except for right here :

Why didn’t you ever fight Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Manny Pacquiao, Paul Williams, Andre Berto, Joshua Clottey, Cory Spinks, the late Vernon Forrest, Kostya Tszyu, Joel Casamayor, Paul Spadafora, or Stevie Johnston?

When you were 130 lb champ, Prince Naseem Hamed was 126 lb champ, yet no fight with Prince Naseem, Marco Antonio Barrera, nor Erik Morales.

Why wait till Shane Mosley was almost 40 years old and completely shot before fighting him? Why call up an old career featherweight like Marquez 17 lbs to fight?
Muhammad Ali talked the talk but he walked the walk and fought EVERYBODY! Sugar Ray Robinson destroyed plenty of Hall-of-Famers, but where are your Hall-of-Famers? Undefeated means nothing if you don’t fight the best competition. Not much risk and not much legacy either if you never fight the best prime guys.

sincerely,

"**** *****(*my name)
Fight-fan"

^ Hah hah hah, the unsilent majority.
People ought to copy-and-paste that and ask him those questions, Larry Merchant didn't mind asking him things like that on live HBO ppvs.

They're all relevant questions if a man publicly declares that he's better than Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson, yet creates so many obstacles to avoid a 5'6" Filipino.

They deleted mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it's just a bunch of people writing in caps and horrible spelling.. telling Floyd how great he is..no fun

Hah hah, holy shit, I'm honestly surprised, that comment I made above was posted over there.

I was sure Floyd's moderator would dump it ie "your comment is awaiting moderation" in favor of ass-kissing posts.

I'm sure it'll get deleted eventually though.

I took a screen-shot of the page with HyperSnap for posterity.

yeah i was watching this today and i thought he was getting a little too emotional when talking about it....but i do understand where he is coming from....if mayweather does not take the pacquiao fight then people will always say well he might have been good but he never faced the best....there might be a taint on his record and i think this could be seen as worse than a loss to one of the most devestating boxers to ever live....i hope this fight goes down just for the pure entertainment value involved!!

brutal . well theres always next year .

well first response is too say f*** these arm chair quarterbacks who get payed to sit on there asses and pass judgement on athletes every day. You really do have to limit how much ESPN you watch on a weekly basis , too much of it will turn your mind into mush.

If the fight doesn't get made Floyd will have to get used to hearing stuff like this for a long long time though.

Nice to see that the world's finally waking up.

This ol' fight-fan here had maywetaher pegged right about 4 years ago and I was calling it even then regarding him ducking top fighters, and this is vindication as other boxing fans are finally becoming aware that he has in fact DUCKED the most dangerous fighters for 9 years while somehow convincing hordes of sheep that he was a great fighter. He NEVER fooled this guy, and people wouldn't listen.

He's a good skillful boxer, maybe a little better than Michael Nunn, but by no means a Great fighter.

His legacy will be defined by all the top fighters of the New Millennium that he DIDN'T fight...or cherry-picked when they were old or , even old and coming up 17 pounds and still went to boring decisions.

Pacquiao on the other hand will be remembered for fighting the absolute best fighters of his generation in sensational thrillers. Fighting with balls as large as grapefruits.

Pacquiao is the Great fighter of this era. "Fighter of the Decade."
True Greatness.

It's sad that this is all they can talk about. I know it supposed to be the biggest fight and all that shit, and I could give a rats ass what they think.

I just they would show some support for other fighters
other then Floyd and Pac. I mean Showtime is having a great fight card tomorrow and Bradly is fighting Sat. and they can't even bother to mention it. The sport is bigger then Floyd Mayweather and Espn should show some respect to it.

well his uncle is going through trial so...

It's sad that this is all they can talk about. I know it supposed to be the biggest fight and all that shit, and I could give a rats ass what they think.

I just they would show some support for other fighters
other then Floyd and Pac. I mean Showtime is having a great fight card tomorrow and Bradly is fighting Sat. and they can't even bother to mention it. The sport is bigger then Floyd Mayweather and Espn should show some respect to it.

Yeah, but it's the biggest potential fight out there today; while Bradley and Angulo are fun fighters to watch, they aren't attractions that get eyeballs and given that the E in ESPN is Entertainment...

Its looking like Mayweather doesn't want to fight anyone for a year, and if they do fight then it will be in 2011.

Meanwhile Pac will battle Margarito, it will mark his 10th fight since Nov of 2006, in that same span Mayweather has only fought 5 times...that's all I know...one guy likes to fight while the other is interested in business ventures.

As to the ESPN thing, F those bitches, they know nothing about boxing. I hope Wilbon gets run over by a truck.

If he doesnt fight this year he is just waiting pac to rust he is really a coward, I admire his skills but this is just cowardly

If he doesnt fight this year he is just waiting pac to rust he is really a coward, I admire his skills but this is just cowardly

Floyd is older then Pac, so why would Pac rust before Floyd.

I could see that with Pac footwork, but I think the same thing would happen with Floyd's hand speed if he took another yr off.

It's hard to know either way, to be honest; hopefully it happens but it doesn't look likely at this point and my roommates and I will have to really get ourselves convinced into getting a Pacquiao-Margarito fight (we won't buy a Cotto rematch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back