Mayweather vs Asakura tonight

What does Rizin have to gain from events like this? I guess they just want to appease yakuzaa members whose looking for shit to do over the weekend
Not sure what RIZIN gains from it, but Sakakibara has always wanted to work with big boxing names.

Before PRIDE folded, he wanted to do tours with Tyson across Asia fighting MMA fighters like Cro Cop and Fedor.

He also wanted to sign Holyfield, Leonard or de la Hoya to fight Tamura in PRIDE.

Last edited:
What does Rizin have to gain from events like this? I guess they just want to appease yakuzaa members whose looking for shit to do over the weekend
Well, there is a few things they get
They get to waste an astronomical amount of money paying Floyd
AND
they get to utterly embarrass their fighters

Mayweathers bodyguard lost by 3rd round KO.
Pacquiao now walking to the ring.

That guy is an optical illusion. He weighed 186 lbs. he looks like bob sapp next to Floyd.

Fight was hilarious though and a pleasant surprise this am.

AND

That bodyguard claimed he was paid 7 figures.

i thought he was talking about Floyd and I though a pre fight press conference he was talking on Floyd’s behalf and not actually fighting.

Floyd isn’t making millions of dollars for this.

Floyd is doing grand openings at Hardee’s and arbys.

he’s not making millions of dollars for something nobody wants to see.

It’s like that meme or that dog sitting in a chair with fire all around him and everything is fine.

AND
That's a winning business strategy if I've ever seen one. Are they a publicly traded company? I'd like to buy in while the going is hot.

That bodyguard claimed he was paid 7 figures.

i thought he was talking about Floyd and I though a pre fight press conference he was talking on Floyd’s behalf and not actually fighting.

Floyd isn’t making millions of dollars for this.

Floyd is doing grand openings at Hardee’s and arbys.

he’s not making millions of dollars for something nobody wants to see.

It’s like that meme or that dog sitting in a chair with fire all around him and everything is fine.
I cannot tell how accurate this is but they suggest Floyd got $20 Million which is double what he got for Tenshin so probably not accurate but Floyd isn't showing up for peanuts
https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2022/09/24/floyd-mayweather-vs-mikuru-asakura-ppv-info/

That guy is an optical illusion. He weighed 186 lbs. he looks like bob sapp next to Floyd.

Bob Sapp? Did he shrink?

273841238_702106440803757_9113479848331779985_n.jpg

That's a winning business strategy if I've ever seen one. Are they a publicly traded company? I'd like to buy in while the going is hot.

They are a private company so can do whatever they like. No shareholders to answer to.

Rizins owner Nonoyuki Sakakibara has been linked to the Yakuza for decades. That's why he stepped down from running Pride in the first place. It is very possible they simply stage these events occasionally so they can see legendary fighters in their own country with their own eyes for very special "VIP" friends.

You guys who still believe these “fights” are real… wow

Why in Japan everyone is apologising to Mayweather on behalf of the politician who threw the flowers on the ground

Highly doubt Floyd got in there for peanuts. It takes a pretty large chunk of money to get Floyd in the ring. He paved the way for fighters getting there worth.

Back