Mayweather possibly open to MMA fight

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: didn't wanna fight Pacquiao because he said he don't wanna walk with a limp fighting someone on steroids. You think someone with that pussy mindset would ever fight an MMA match? Never.

Floyd would never agree to a MMA fight, because he couldn't dance around for 12 rounds and avoid contact. If he was ever interested they should insist on the MMA fight to happen first.

Genuinely, Mayweather with a year of MMA training would do better in an MMA fight against McGregor, than McGregor would do against Mayweather in a boxing match after a year of just boxing.

Now hear me out, I'm NOT saying he'd win! Just that he'd do better in comparison.

Duane Ludwig had a lot of success with simply sprawling and when that didn't work he simply tied them up in butterfly guard and either waited for an opportunity to kick away or held on until the ref stood it up.

McGregor isn't exactly Damian Maia on the ground and he'd likely try to keep it standing anyway. A year of training JUST sprawls, stalling on the ground and getting to know the distance with kicks is enough to allow him to hang with Conor and have some success of forcing it into a stand-up fight.

McGregor boxing on the other hand, would have to SIGNIFICANTLY improve his already best attribute to be able to beat the best practitioner of that skill set on the planet today.

Both, AT BEST, in those scenarios may be able to work for a decision in the other's respective sport. But McGregor would still be dominated and outclassed in boxing, yet Mayweather, if he could trade hands for even a portion of the fight would have some mild success (no more than a moral victory really).

Simply put...it's easier to avoid MMA in an MMA fight, than it is to avoid boxing in a boxing match.

All completely hypothetical of course since it'll never happen.

Last edited:
Funny when sour insecure mma fans always have to say so and so amateur fighter will beat mayweather. As if Amatuers haven't come in and won title in the UFC.

I clearly don't think he's going to fight mma. But the complete dismissal of one of the greatest boxers ever coming into mma and having some success is baffling. Baffling because of some of the people we have actually seen come in and have success.

God forbid a boxer ever comes in and has success. If boxing actually did just cease to exist, within 5 years half the ufc titles would be owned by boxers who switched sports.

They will never fight period and IF there was ever a chance it certainly isn't going to be MMA

Why would a guy like Floyd who has one of the greatest boxing legacy's ever tarnish it by going into a sport he doesn't know and getting embarrassed

no, it is not "interesting", TS...because it is complete and utter bulls**t.

if anyone thinks Floyd is seriously entertaining a MMA fight, they are delusional.

YEah, as soon as he makes 100M knocking the fuck out of McTapout for 2 minutes work in a boxing match. He'll then take his punishment in the octagon for 60 seconds for another 100M, if he doesn't KO McTapout again before then.

is not going to make 100 millions $ in MMA.
Says who? It would be worth it just to have an mma fighter beat a boxer. That would firmly put mma above boxing. Plenty of boxing fans who don't watch mma would tune in. It'd be all over the sports channels and websites. It would be YUGE news

A kickboxing match, I think is the only fair method. The small gloves will fuck with his natural defensive methods in mma, he would get koed IMO

He's a liar don't believe the hype.

Mayweather wouldn't even fight T.I ffs!

If you won't fight an untrained rapper, you probably wouldn't have an mma fight!

Maybe he's fighting CM punk

Lol

I thought it was 50 Cent who was trying to fight him.

Just to play Devil's advocate, what if Floyd dedicated a full year to training his ground game and how to deal with kicks on the feet. Maybe with someone who has a personal vendetta against McGregor like the Diaz Brothers. Could his natural athleticism combined with his champion's drive be enough to beat McGregor in an MMA rules fight?

no, it is not "interesting", TS...because it is complete and utter bulls**t.

if anyone thinks Floyd is seriously entertaining a MMA fight, they are delusional.

Okay, but regardless of if it ever happens or not it's obviously fun to talk about and speculate. I thought that's what forums like this are for. Jeez. Lighten up, guy.

larry-merchant.jpg

He could do a hybrid like Aoki and the kick boxer who dresses up like a girl and won during the MMA portion. 10 rounds , first 7 boxing, final 3 MMA.

He was just talking, there's no fucking way he would ever fight Conor in MMA.

You know if that ever happen Conor would have to stand or be called a panic wrestler again

He's obviously trolling and seems to be having a lot of fun with this. Conor McGregor would take a Boxing match for the payday. But there is no way Floyd Mayweather takes an MMA fight with him under any circumstances even if they fight under the rules of both sports. He has built his name on the fact that he is undefeated in Boxing. He wouldn't take the risk of losing in MMA.

Back