Mayweather - Mcgregor fight

Again, you know that how? You think he planned to get tagged by those uppercuts and counters, fully expecting to take them? Sounds like a very risky strategy.

You have to remember that he was over 40, 2 years retired and about 3 weight classes smaller. All this talk about mcgregors power was laughable. Anyone with a bit more than basic knowledge of the sport knew that he hits no harder than the guys that Floyd had fought. Not as hard in many cases

I agree with seanos post, he pressured him till he gassed and then walked him down. He gave no respect to his power and it was embarressing for Connor with all the rubbish he talked

You have to remember that he was over 40, 2 years retired and about 3 weight classes smaller. All this talk about mcgregors power was laughable. Anyone with a bit more than basic knowledge of the sport knew that he hits no harder than the guys that Floyd had fought. Not as hard in many cases

I agree with seanos post, he pressured him till he gassed and then walked him down. He gave no respect to his power and it was embarressing for Connor with all the rubbish he talked

I never bought the power hype. It's still not good for you to take those shots just to make it worthwile.

Mayweather carried him to make something of a spectical of the night, then finished him.

I’d expect he’s had dozens of sparring sessions where he took harder shots than McGregor landed - mainly because McGregors boxing technique is shit, and doesn’t go beyond arm punches.

Mayweather carried him to make something of a spectical of the night, then finished him.

I’d expect he’s had dozens of sparring sessions where he took harder shots than McGregor landed - mainly because McGregors boxing technique is shit, and doesn’t go beyond arm punches.

Why would he care about how Conor looked? And no it isn't shit.

Why would he care about how Conor looked? And no it isn't shit.

Maybe he was thinking about making another easy 100 million dollars in a rematch so didn’t want to make it clear what a total mismatch it was.

Again, you know that how? You think he planned to get tagged by those uppercuts and counters, fully expecting to take them? Sounds like a very risky strategy.

Here he is, telling Kimmel he is going to do EXACTLY that, BEFORE the fight.

He says he is going to get hit, because he wants to go straight forward, and give the fans a show.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Please shut up with these threads.

Some theorize that it looked staged, others that Mayweather was going easy to make it a fight.

Looking at the fight again, Mayweather looks awful the first 5 rounds. I really question if it was part of the plan to get hit that much. That he ultimately underestimated Mcgregor.

Have you guys rewatched it? I honestly think Mayweather looked terrible most of the fight... And was lucky it was against an mma guy. It seemed father time catched up with Floyd. He looked light years better against Pacman.
Man got old. Old man beat up young man and carried him to the tenth round. Floyd literally gave him those first rounds. It was a complete joke of a fight.

Last edited:
Conors boxing is "shit", yet he knocks down a world champ:rolleyes:

Conors boxing is "shit", yet he got a knockdown on Maglianni. It's on tape:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He knocked down an old, out of shape Malignaggi (which you spelt wrong) with shitty boxing technique.

You really think this is good boxing?

He knocked down an old, out of shape Malignaggi (which you spelt wrong) with shitty boxing technique.

No. I box fucking better than that. But he did not look as bad in the fight.

I like how it was edited to make McNuggethead seem like an actual threat, but not really. Also looked like Malignaggi was more off balance and already falling before that little tap from Conor than a legit knockdown.

He knew Conor didn't have the power to KO him. Floyd moves and uses angles that make it hard to land flush for anyone at the top level of the sport of boxing, much less Conor. And even when he landed pretty clean, I don't think it was any power Floyd doesn't feel in sparring, as mentioned.

Every one of Floyd's previous wins came against a professional boxer who had much more power in their hands than Conor ever will.

So he used several rounds to prove that and give the PPV buyers their show while taking Conor into the deeper water.

If he had instead chosen to sit down on his punches in round 2 and really risk himself and go all-out, Conor would not have seen the 5th.

It is what it is. He was probably on 60% early. Like if LeBron accepted a 1-on-1 challenge from Roy Jones Jr. back when Roy was a "semi-pro" basketball player. LeBron wins easily without trying and RJJ fans say "but Roy made a few baskets...".
Like it wasn't a dominant enough performance.

They could box 100 times and Conor would never finish a 12-round bout with Floyd.

Which is why it was such easy money.

Thread needs more
source.gif

I was on record saying that Conor is not a puncher, and that the fact that he knocked out grapplers in a cage didn't mean shit. I was not at all impressed by his power on the heavy bag either. He looked extremely average.

Conors boxing is "shit", yet he knocks down a world champ:rolleyes:

I think someone from my countries regional level would best him in a boxing match. It is what it is. His boxing is shit for boxing. For mma his striking is great.

Anyways. Stop with this aids. I thought the Ebola had finished since they got rid of the forum that no one speaks of.

Paulie got off of a flight went straight to the gym and they did this totally on purpose. What they did to Pauline was a cunt move.

Paulie was shit out of shape and straight off a flight.

He most certainly looked just as bad in the fight with Mayweather.

The best indicator of overall boxing abilities is the jab. Conors jab is patethic. He still looked okeyothe first few rounds and would probably beat a lot of guys who boxed for years.

Here he is, telling Kimmel he is going to do EXACTLY that, BEFORE the fight.

He says he is going to get hit, because he wants to go straight forward, and give the fans a show.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Please shut up with these threads.

Lol love how he ignored your fact,

He was like , oh I got owned, let me ignore it it might go away lol

Last edited:
Lol love how he igmored your fact,

He was like , oh I got owned, let me ignore it it might go away lol

Whether 1000 years ago, or 1000 years from now, a troll is a troll. The wheel weaves, as the wheel wills, you just have to spot the pattern in the threads, and the troll will be revealed.

Back