Mayweather-Maidana Just watched for the 1st time

because by not calling Floyd's holding, you put Maidana in a position where he has to cheat to be effective..or accept that he will not be effective.. You change how the fight can take place because Mayweather doesn't have to work to get to distance..he just has to clinch and wait for the ref to give him his distance for free...

All short guys with boxing experience understand how much of an advantage distance is..

By not calling Maidana's cheating you are allowing him to be effective.

Its no different. This is ridiculous.

It's also an illegal punch if it lands behind the ear, which it did, continually.

Floyd was tucking his head in tight to Maidana's chest, that's called defense. It wasn't a case of him turning away from the punches and catching them on the back of the head. Floyd was using his defense take away the range and the only thing Maidana could do was slap the side and back of his head, which is illegal.

Just because the option to hit the back of the head is there, doesn't mean you should, it doesn't change the legality of it. Maidana's tactics weren't accidental, he planned to hit whatever he could and that meant he aimed for Mayweather's head, because it was often the only option. His limitation as a fighter don't give him a pass here. Cotto managed to hit Floyd when he was holding and rolling without fouling all the time, which is proof enough that Floyd isn't the cause.

I'm not disagreeing that it's called defense.. Im just saying..if you tuck your head and clinch and give your opponent nothing else to hit.. they will a) hit nothing and accept defeat.. or b) hit anything and hope the ref understands that your tactic is to put yourself at risk by exposing only the back of your head and hope the ref protects you

Last edited:
By not calling Maidana's cheating you are allowing him to be effective.

Its no different. This is ridiculous.

But Maidana doesn't have to cheat if we call a fair fight in the first place...

let Maidana work when he earns his way inside..if he can stay there .. let him work.. Make Mayweather expend more energy by having to work for his distance..otherwise the advantage is given to Mayweather up front..

what to people do when somebody else has an advantage? They find something to equalize it..

let Maidana work when he earns his way inside..if he can stay there .. let him work.. Make Mayweather expend more energy by having to work for his distance..otherwise the advantage is given to Mayweather up front..

what to people do when somebody else has an advantage? They find something to equalize it..

Maidana was hitting the back of the head in the first round before Floyd ever held anything, so by your logic we have to blame Maidana for all of it?

I see the PBFCSK is in full force attacking you.

Both fighters used dirty tactics. Its a fight. Floyd hit Maidana with a low blow right before the headbutt occurred and opened a cut.

Maidana hit him with a low blow later.

In the clinch Floyd would hold Maidana's arm in a lock and wouldn't let him work causing Marcos to hit him to try and separate.

It was a good sloppy dirty fight. Entertaining.

lol @ you guys calling pbfcsk whenever you lose an argument

Maidana did a lot better than most expected which is why a lot of fans went overboard. I had Floyd winning by a decent margin, Maidana made it real uncomfortable for him though.

I see the PBFCSK is in full force attacking you.

Youre an idiot.

Floyd got away with his and so did Maidana. There was no favoring either of them.

Neither was called so I cant understand how one could say there was favoritism. It wad a dirty fight all around and the ref let them have it out.

To be fair, the ref was a huge can but at least his non calls were consistent to both fighters.

I wasn't in this thread so I lost nothing. I enjoy seeing the riots ensue when anyone questions the testament greatness of Floy. :icon_chee

Youre an idiot.

The question I think is why was he not in real danger... Like I said the night of the fight.. Henry Akinwande got dq'd for holding Lennox Lewis too much.. Mayweather held all night and never even got a warning.. the deck is being stacked in his favor when you allow that... also the elbow tactic is just as dirty as a headbutt imo..

lol Cracky.

Floyd holds but it doesn't fall into the category of excessive by a long shot.

lol at trying to compare muay thai knees, holding and hitting, hitting on the break and blatant low blows to clinching and pushing off with an elbow.

lol Cracky.

Floyd holds but it doesn't fall into the category of excessive by a long shot.

lol at trying to compare muay thai knees, holding and hitting, hitting on the break and blatant low blows to clinching and pushing off with an elbow.

Its why whenever I see this guy post, scroll on to the next one. Oh and dont forget the double leg...

Its why whenever I see this guy post, scroll on to the next one. Oh and dont forget the double leg...

I like Cracky and think he's actually one of the better posters on the site, just not when Mayweather is being discussed.

Talking DQ in Maidana vs Floyd is one thing, saying it was Floyd who deserved it is absurd.

Neither deserved it because they both used their shady shit, neither was called for it and neither held an advantage because of it. Dont see how anyone has a horse in this race.

But if youre going to go off of who did started it making it ok for the other to retaliate (as Cracky seems to be doing here), Maidana hit the back of the head first.

In other words, who the fuck cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrUnG_umS4

Luckily someone was kind enough to put together a long video of Maidana's fouls. The guy is fucking dirty, he was deducted points in multiple bouts. He doesn't deserve a rematch.

That video us dumb. Someone else could make a highlight of all of Floyd's fouls just as easily.

At :24 in that video btw, Floyd headbutts Maidana before Maidana retaliates with a shot to the back of the head. It was a dirty fight all around.

The question I think is why was he not in real danger... Like I said the night of the fight.. Henry Akinwande got dq'd for holding Lennox Lewis too much.. Mayweather held all night and never even got a warning.. the deck is being stacked in his favor when you allow that... also the elbow tactic is just as dirty as a headbutt imo..

But Im a realist.. none of these things will be enforced because Floyd will just retire if they start taking his advantages away.. and boxing needs his marketability while young guns develop to fill his and Pacs shoes...

but I think we'd have very possibly seen him in a lot of trouble if not for the constant holding..

I disagree that Zab was a tougher fight.. Mayweather was uncomfortable for 2 or 3 rounds vs. Zab.. he was uncomfortable for 10 or 11 vs. Maidana.. yes he overcame..but he only settled in and looked comfortable in there on rare occasions.

Floyd did dust off the forearm for this fight, I hadnt really see him use that in a while.

Maidana did a lot better than most expected which is why a lot of fans went overboard. I had Floyd winning by a decent margin, Maidana made it real uncomfortable for him though.

This, specifically the 2nd time I watched it. I was so surprised to see Mayweather get pushed around so easily that I gave Maidana more rounds than I now believe he deserved. Mayweather landed cleaner and more efficiently throughout. Guess I should never be a judge......

This, specifically the 2nd time I watched it. I was so surprised to see Mayweather get pushed around so easily that I gave Maidana more rounds than I now believe he deserved. Mayweather landed cleaner and more efficiently throughout. Guess I should never be a judge......

Maybe you should, because rds are judges on more then punching.

Back