Mayweather has a lot lose

Broder

Oklahoma Fight Fan
@purple
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated has compiled a list of the 50 highest paid U.S. athletes by salary, winnings, endorsements and appearance fees. Mayweather is #3 on the list with $60,250,000 made in 2009. What's crazy is that of the $60m only 250K came from endorsements. I think the reason Floyd is reluctant to fight Pacquiao is that the earnings from his fights accounts for almost all of his income and a loss could damage his ability to earn at his current level. Also, it seems like his behavior outside of the ring has made companies not want him associated with their products.

Sad part is I had Mayweather picked if he fought PAC man because Pacman works perfect for Floyd's counterpunching. Floyd not accepting the challenge simply made him out to be a major wuss and he ain't gettin top money anymore as a result of backing away from the Pacman.

Didn't Mayweather challenge Manny but he wanted blood tests done on him to make sure he wasn't doping? Not too sure of the ins and outs of the situation but sounds like it's a mutual disagreement and not a case of Floyd wussing out.

Didn't Mayweather challenge Manny but he wanted blood tests done on him to make sure he wasn't doping? Not too sure of the ins and outs of the situation but sounds like it's a mutual disagreement and not a case of Floyd wussing out.

Gee, I'm not sure, I thought he heard he had the clap so he wanted the blood test done to confirm that because of blood-borne illness...or he had herpes in his @$$ or somethin' like that...I'm not exactly sure...

It's what I heard...?

2hem5o0.jpg

Anyone else know anything, help us out bit, wouldja...

Why don't they allow takedowns in Boxing by the way, that'd be gnarly!!!

Sports Illustrated has compiled a list of the 50 highest paid U.S. athletes by salary, winnings, endorsements and appearance fees. Mayweather is #3 on the list with $60,250,000 made in 2009. What's crazy is that of the $60m only 250K came from endorsements. I think the reason Floyd is reluctant to fight Pacquiao is that the earnings from his fights accounts for almost all of his income and a loss could damage his ability to earn at his current level. Also, it seems like his behavior outside of the ring has made companies not want him associated with their products.

It's no secret that Mayweather isn't marketable beyond the ring. He does not endear himself to the masses. This is why he is not holding a mic for hbo like so many other stars on his level.

You are dead on by saying he has a lot to lose... but he also has a lot to gain. If he lives within his means, this fight would set him up to live a life of luxury without having to ever lift a finger again or depend on marketability

Manny agreed to the tests, haven't you heard?

Floyd: Jus' take the tests and we'll GET IT ON, brah!

Manny: Ok, I'll take the tests, let's fight.

Floyd: ........

Manny: Floyd? You still there? I said i'll take the test, brah.

Floyd: .......

Manny: Floyd? Hello?

Floyd: I need to take a break.

Beating Mosely> beating Clottey

Haha!!! 10/10!!!

Originally Posted by Boxer Rebellion

cool

Beating Mosely> beating Clottey

Mosely lost to Cotto bro

truth be told, Mosely and Cotto are similar in terms of the level of comp they represent. Beating either is a nice achievement. But I think the way one beats either of them is relevant, and Cotto was just assaulted.

lol so true

floyds just dropppppppping his nutssssss

Mosely lost to Cotto bro

truth be told, Mosely and Cotto are similar in terms of the level of comp they represent. Beating either is a nice achievement. But I think the way one beats either of them is relevant, and Cotto was just assaulted.

While ole' Money May got knocked silly in the early rounds and managed to get the decision because Mosely was gassed, with his mouth hanging open, after 3 rounds.

Back