Mayweather - BET Iron Ring

so basically there making MMA look like nothing more than human cock fighting from the sound of things? this show can't be good for the reputation of mma or black people.

No, it's like having a 30 minute conversation with zab judah

so its like TUF, but with better music?

If I could rep you, I would.

TUF is a much more disgraceful representation of MMA IMO. At least Iron Ring has the inherent silliness and over-the-top nature of Hip Hop Culture as an excuse, TUF shenanigans can only be chalked up to drastic immaturity, not a season without those guys destroying a house, getting lambasted with alcohol, and picking fights outside the Gym, or giving up careers over young girls.

Excellent stuff.

If I could rep you, I would.

TUF is a much more disgraceful representation of MMA IMO. At least Iron Ring has the inherent silliness and over-the-top nature of Hip Hop Culture as an excuse, TUF shenanigans can only be chalked up to drastic immaturity, not a season without those guys destroying a house, getting lambasted with alcohol, and picking fights outside the Gym, or giving up careers over young girls.

Excellent stuff.

It's true tho, as bad as this show is, it isnt nearly as bad as TUF.

so basically there making MMA look like nothing more than human cock fighting from the sound of things? this show can't be good for the reputation of mma or black people.

the show is garbage...but whats up with the references to BLACK PPL....?!?!...how does one show reflect on all blk ppl...?...SMMFH.....

if MTV did this with rockers this B/S ignorant garbage would not be mention...

the Heavies forum was full of racist comments....it was disgusting.....

the show is garbage...but whats up with the references to BLACK PPL....?!?!...how does one show reflect on all blk ppl...?...SMMFH.....

I think it reflects on a culture that was developed within the black community and has since become the stereotype of the entire black community and acted as a ceiling for the black community. It's a shame really. The bling culture. The "Obama's not black enough" culture. I think it's directly responsible for the 20+% poverty rate in the black community.

I do think it would be fucking retarded to watch a TV show with black people and generalize it to all black people. People are, however, tend to be retarded.

iron ring is a worse representation because they dont have legitimate anything. far as wrecking a house (which was tame on tuf), i have no idea yet; but even if they don't they're not gaining any points with the training. i understand the owner aspect, which is fine by me, even if ti is a chump, but at least go with the contender/tuf aspect and get some decent coaching

I think it reflects on a culture that was developed within the black community and has since become the stereotype of the entire black community and acted as a ceiling for the black community. It's a shame really. The bling culture. The "Obama's not black enough" culture. I think it's directly responsible for the 20+% poverty rate in the black community.

one don't speak for all blacks.....if you believe in the stereotypes your an idiot....and next what blks you know said "OBAMA is not blk enough"....turn off BET and hang around real blk folks B4 you open your mouth....

the rappers that are on IRON FIST are a select few of blks man....to think all blks act like that is pure ignorance man......i'm from the ghetto.....i'm in college...never been in prison...no kids.....good job.....SMH....

I wish the birdman was on this season.. He would just be like, " CAP THAT ***** *******"

Don't get offended. I'm telling you that there is a stereotype. I'm not saying I buy it. However, a lot of people do, and that is a big reason why black people have a poverty rate that is 10% higher than any other race. Look at the census if you don't believe me.

The Obama critisims were on all the major news networks. Several black organizations did not think he acted black enough...which is another way of putting a ceiling over your race.

Don't get offended. I'm telling you that there is a stereotype. I'm not saying I buy it. However, a lot of people do, and that is a big reason why black people have a poverty rate that is 10% higher than any other race. Look at the census if you don't believe me.

The Obama critisims were on all the major news networks. Several black organizations did not think he acted black enough...which is another way of putting a ceiling over your race.

i'm i offended...yeah sort of....this is a MMA forum....i come here to post about fighters and pre/post bouts....this is not a forum on RACE relations....

i enter this thread and others about IRON RING and i know it sucks ass yeah.....but why...why are poverty rates.....AIDS rates, Unemployement rates, Drop out rates being posted????

does this excite you?...are you happy?....man i can't get through a thread about RAMPAGE w/o a racial joke....or some racist B/S....just talk about the show or match....why does a show represent me....and how i think?...i guess i'm another Flava Flav too......

next Black Organizations have their own agenda...and don't represent me and ppl I know...again interact with real blks and not the one's the idiot box loves to show on these silly shows..."FAUX" News doesn't know sh!t about me.....

i'm i offended...yeah sort of....this is a MMA forum....i come here to post about fighters and pre/post bouts....this is not a forum on RACE relations....

i enter this thread and others about IRON RING and i know it sucks ass yeah.....but why...why are poverty rates.....AIDS rates, Unemployement rates, Drop out rates being posted????

does this excite you?...are you happy?....man i can't get through a thread about RAMPAGE w/o a racial joke....or some racist B/S....just talk about the show or match....why does a show represent me....and how i think?...i guess i'm another Flava Flav too......

next Black Organizations have their own agenda...and don't represent me and ppl I know...again interact with real blks and not the one's the idiot box loves to show on these silly shows..."FAUX" News doesn't know sh!t about me.....

I think you take things too personally. Don't let people get to you so much.
Race came up in this thread because somebody pointed out that it's a ghetto fab. parade. That image did come from the black community. It doesnt mean that people are saying that the entire black community takes part in it. Your statements brought on mine and flip it into a serious discustion about the negative effects of that image being the most prominant image of the black community on tv.

horrible horrible show

the best part was

"I made that move popular"

AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I didn't watch it mind you, downloaded and skimmed through it in like 5 sec

I think you take things too personally. Don't let people get to you so much.
Race came up in this thread because somebody pointed out that it's a ghetto fab. parade. That image did come from the black community. It doesnt mean that people are saying that the entire black community takes part in it. Your statements brought on mine and flip it into a serious discustion about the negative effects of that image being the most prominant image of the black community on tv.

i understand were you are coming from....respect man....

supposedly(i havent watched it), there are a bunch of ignorant blinged out rappers betting on the outcome of fights and perpetuating the same old stereotypes that alot of people have of them. so why would BET put on a show like this? that was my only point. why not try to make it look legit? maybe they don't belive that their audience would be intrested in a different type of format. i get it, its sleazy reality tv, and its only purpose is to make money but its still embarrasing.

Wow,

I just downloaded this show and watched like 2 minutes of it and I cant believe how bad it is.

What a joke of a show?

I did get a kick out of krazyhorse say hes never trained for a fight. I heard someone say that a year or two ago about him and I didnt believe him. But he was telling the truth. HAHA.

if pbf's team doesnt have the best striking i will be upset

Back