News Maycee Barber Vs Alexa Grasso signed

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grasso's hands are much cleaner. I hope Barber has made significant strides in her striking defense. The one thing going for her is that Grasso doesn't have any power so she can afford to get hit.

Grasso's hands are much cleaner. I hope Barber has made significant strides in her striking defense. The one thing going for her is that Grasso doesn't have any power so she can afford to get hit.
Grasso has some new power at flyweight. Ji Yeon Kim has never looked like this after a fight before:

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-11_1-29-52.jpeg
    upload_2020-11-11_1-29-52.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 26
Really? She was being out-skilled by JJ Aldrich and Gillian Robertson (on the feet). Her power (and her opponent's willingness to quit), not her skill, bailed her out of 2 L's there.
It was also her power and size, rather than skill, that eventually overwhelmed Little Hannah Cifers in her UFC debut.

Then she met Roxanne The Destroyer, and no amount of power was going to make up for her lack of skill in that bout... the results were bloody.
(incidentally, the odds were very wide for that fight but quite a lot of people made good hay betting on Roxy because they had observed Maycee's lack of polish in her prior bouts, and a big step up in competition vs a tough vet).

Alexa is decently skilled IMO... definitely technically better than Maycee methinks.

What does her not being from Poland, have to do with anything?
:confused:

Barber is only 22, has tremendous upside and I'd love to see if "ability to bounce back after a loss" is a skill in her toolbox. I like a good comeback-story and will be rooting for Barber.

Is that her Weight, or (fight) IQ?
:confused:

How’s Maycee looking these days? Will she make weight? She seems like the type that gets big between fights.... I’m sure between inactivity from surgery and Covid didn’t help her cause.

Hope Maycee puts this girl to sleep brutally, and makes Sherdog cry. She will then rematch Roxxy and punch her so hard it will actually make her good looking.

Also I like her thick thighs.

This fight is going to tell a lot about Maycee Barber as a fighter and possible contender. If she wins this fight or better yet squashes Grasso then it confirms that the Roxy fight was a massive fluke. But if she get walloped then eh maybe she is all hype .

I’m really really curious to see how she’ll come out looking bc the amount of power that she has for a WMMA fighter is typically unheard of she just needs to refine her skill set

As I figured , lol, Grasso more than a 2-1 favorite according to the poll . Hell 90-40 would make her a massive favorite. When the opening odds do open up, watch how that gap- all of a sudden- tightens. Maycee will look back at Roxanne ( which she did suffer an early significant injury) and realize it was actually necessary if she thinks shes going to be what she thinks shes going to be. Shit happens and shes super young - I'm leaning towards her coming back nastier than she was before . I've already predicted a Barber stoppage in this one- hope itll be a decent fight .

As I figured , lol, Grasso more than a 2-1 favorite according to the poll . Hell 90-40 would make her a massive favorite. When the opening odds do open up, watch how that gap- all of a sudden- tightens.
I think that with Sherdog polls, sometimes, even though the poll asks "who wins?", people are actually voting as if the question was "who are you rooting for?"

Grasso wins every time in my book.
eYGH1KN.gif

They should have a kid together. wow

Kaycee looked goddamn awful last time out. Can't see past an Alexa win here.

I think that with Sherdog polls, sometimes, even though the poll asks "who wins?", people are actually voting as if the question was "who are you rooting for?"
Oh- absolutely...... with splashes of " what have you done lately?"

Back