Maycee Barber Lashes Out at Octagon Doctor for His Actions and Comments

Did the doctor do anything wrong?

• Total voters
He’s just trolling man he didn’t even watch the fight.
Fuck man, it's happening more and more...

I'm getting old. The trolls are eating me. I guess I'm not the Sherdogger I used to be...

<DCrying>

Doctor was worried about her cause she is a girl lol

They wouldn't give a flying fuck if it was a man
Obviously a super rare occurrence but not unprecedented. Frank Mir broke Tim Sylvia’s arm at UFC 48 and the doctor examined it mid-fight.
EDIT: Just went back and rewatched — looks like I remembered this wrong. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Everyone knew her knee was fucked by the way she went down at the start of the second. This doctor thing probably shouldn’t have happened but it’s completely irrelevant to the final outcome.
do you have sensei's approval for that avi. i doubt you've trained in his deadly stuff.

170b19c729f044c35c4858ab316dbf51

"I was doing everything I could to disguise the fact that I had been compromised. I feel like the fact that the doctor completely gave away that I was dealing with something. It also made the injury more prominent to me when I was trying to push it out of my head for the fight.

"Had it been me fighting, if I would have seen the doctor stepping in and checking someone’s knee, that would instantly be the thing that I target.

"I feel as though the doctor should have come up to me and ask[ed] me if I was good, and then listened to my response. I personally have never seen anyone sat down in the middle of fight and had a doctor (check) their knee stability; and then proceed to get up and announce to the ref and everyone else there was a small ACL tear and that (the fighter) was ‘fine.’

"I knew something in my knee was torn and I wasn’t fine, but I knew that I could be in the fight, and then after the fight was over, I could cry and deal with it.

"There is absolutely no benefit or reason for the doctor to check me if he was going to let me continue, and there most definitely wasn’t a reason to announce the injury and let me continue knowing full well that he had just ‘shown my hand.’

"If I’m ever in true danger of permanent damage, I trust my corners to make the right decision. My knee was trashed already, and I wasn’t taking serious damage otherwise.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...d-trashed-knee-expects-to-return-in-late-2020

<seedat>

She seems like a bit of an entitled fatso. Maybe she's like fedor but looks like she didnt train too hard.

Maybe she wouldn’t get knee injury it she wasn’t so the thicc

Somebody close to Maycee needs to tell her to shut the fuck up, she is doing more damage to her career then Roxy did. What an absolute twat.

If this girl meant she wanted to be the next Rhonda by pissing us all off mission accomplished.

She’s not wrong but she’s still annoying.

Obviously a super rare occurrence but not unprecedented. Frank Mir broke Tim Sylvia’s arm at UFC 48 and the doctor examined it mid-fight.
Absolutely not, Herb Dean stopped the fight when Tim's arm snapped

This.

They even replayed the sound byte in the intro for the UFC Undisputed game.

"His arm is broken. This fight is over"... Back when Herb was the "best in the biz"

yet rox said she didnt wanna go after the bad knee

What an annoying brat. Too bad Roxy was too nice to kick the shit out of her knee.

she just needs to drop a rap album and go by MC Maycee cause shes practically a female Woodley at this point. Everything she says is unbearble fuck even Tyron accepted he had a shit show of a fight against Usman. She needs to do the same.

"He gave my injury away"

Screaming in pain as you went down in the beginning of the 3rd SURELY didn't give anything away.

Damn.. She should go full heel now.
what an unbearable btich she is.
I cant wait for her next loss.

While she makes a good point, the commissions can't trust a fighter's corner to make the right decision. They need their guy to ensure safety.

I disagree to a point, because I DON'T agree that she made any good points lol. You're correct in that the doctors and commission are there to ensure fighter safety, but jesus she couldn't even stand on her own. Roxy backed her into a corner and she screamed in pain falling to the ground. I like this chick but man she sounds stupid, it's almost like a mental block and those around her telling her "oh if it weren't for the knee injury you would have won" like she didn't get dominated in the first round. First fighter she went against that was just as big (weight wise) and taller, she folded.

They even replayed the sound byte in the intro for the UFC Undisputed game.

"His arm is broken. This fight is over"... Back when Herb was the "best in the biz"
Just went back and rewatched — you both are correct, and I was wrong. I thought I remembered Herb calling time, as I recall the doc coming and looking at Tim’s arm, then confirming it was broken. But I guess all that happened after Herb called it. Thanks for keeping me straight!

Back