Maycee Barber Lashes Out at Octagon Doctor for His Actions and Comments

Did the doctor do anything wrong?

• Total voters
She is not making a good point. Healthcare professionals ask for subjective data and compare it to the objective data. It is not enough for a doctor to take the patient's word. People lie. The doctor has to confirm what the patent is reporting matches reality.

She said it herself, she would have lied to the doctor. LOL
Did you read my whole post? You are basically expanding on my conclusion, but not acknowledging that this process gives away valuable information to the opponent. That is the part I think is a good point.

It was absolute bullshit move by the doctor and whoever he represents. I'm not a fan of Barber, but she was still fully capable of intelligently defending herself. I am a fan of Modafferi, and I'm disappointed in her inability to put away a compromised fighter. It makes her look incompetent, and disrespects your opponent.

170b19c729f044c35c4858ab316dbf51

"I was doing everything I could to disguise the fact that I had been compromised. I feel like the fact that the doctor completely gave away that I was dealing with something. It also made the injury more prominent to me when I was trying to push it out of my head for the fight.

"Had it been me fighting, if I would have seen the doctor stepping in and checking someone’s knee, that would instantly be the thing that I target.

"I feel as though the doctor should have come up to me and ask[ed] me if I was good, and then listened to my response. I personally have never seen anyone sat down in the middle of fight and had a doctor (check) their knee stability; and then proceed to get up and announce to the ref and everyone else there was a small ACL tear and that (the fighter) was ‘fine.’

"I knew something in my knee was torn and I wasn’t fine, but I knew that I could be in the fight, and then after the fight was over, I could cry and deal with it.

"There is absolutely no benefit or reason for the doctor to check me if he was going to let me continue, and there most definitely wasn’t a reason to announce the injury and let me continue knowing full well that he had just ‘shown my hand.’

"If I’m ever in true danger of permanent damage, I trust my corners to make the right decision. My knee was trashed already, and I wasn’t taking serious damage otherwise.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...d-trashed-knee-expects-to-return-in-late-2020

Jesus. That's like a deer bitching about the game warden noticing that a hunter shot it, and worrying that the hunter might now know it's 'compromised'.

And yes, let's by all means have the doctors ask the fighters for medical assessments. That seems personally reasonable.

Last edited:
Well it depends, can a doctor tell the difference between a partial tear and a full tear by palpation/range of motion? If so he did the right thing.

Just cut her already. She's barely been in the UFC and is already beyond insufferable.

She was one of my favorite prospects, but she's rapidly proving herself to be insufferable lately. About the only thing I can like about her conduct before, during, and after the Roxy fight is that she kept fighting through the pain which is admirable... but there are a lot of tough fighters out there who happen to be assholes.

Roxi mentioned in the post fight interview it was obvious Maycee was injured. I believe she said she heard her scream or express pain, not to mention Maycee grabbed her knee on the ground didn't she? All this before the odd interference by the doctor...

She sounds like a typical person her age, blaming everyone and everything else, I don't hold it against her because she's so young. But Piranha Rogan bothers me more, always chomping at the bit to shit on people like this doctor or the guys involved in the spill incident.

He acts like the doctor is a clueless idiot in determining a potential tear with a physical exam as if he's some authority on the matter. His ego is still this bad after countless sessions in a float tank and powerful psychedelic trips.

Even Rogan — guillotine is deep, he’s absolutely done. Oh, he pulled his head out — could see her leg was fucked early on.

Roxy never targeted her leg.

She is full of excuses. Take the loss and improve.

The doctor should've stopped the fight as soon as he determined there was a tear. What's the point in checking otherwise?

I admit I was excited for her to fight in the UFC, seeing as we don't have a choice in WMMA being on a card or not.

Now I find her to be the most annoying and insufferable fighter in the UFC.

Here's to more brutal losses !!!

images(3).jpg

I don’t like her but she is right on this one.

The adrenaline is stopping her from feeling the pain. Stopping the fight just to ask stupid questions made the pain the focus on her mind and fucked her over.

So she says she would've pushed it out of her mind and fought if the doctor didn't say anything?

He said she's okay to fight though... that sounds like a boost for confidence to me.

When I saw she was upset about his "comments" I was hoping he said something like: This is terrible. You should be looking for a good man and a more suitable career for a woman.

Maycee just needs to STFU.

That’s because she forced him to with her fucking acting !! She by far had the most obvious injury of all time outside of Jamie Varner and that’s only because of how she acted, and she did everything in her power for EVERYONE watching to know that, she did nothing to hide it and is being a crybaby like always

I’m sure if he would’ve stopped it she would be crying up a fucking storm about how she was fine and was willing to die out there and was totally going to win

I think she’s just happy she’s got this great excuse to sit on because excepting reality doesn’t seem to be part of her world

I like how she points out that nobody else gets checked like that. Bitch, you were wincing and hopping and falling over all the over the shop. The leg looked utterly fucked. The funny thing is she then follows it up with she was trying to hide the injury? The reason you got checked like that was because you were physically reacting to anything done on the leg. At no point in the fight did I think, oh she’s hurt her leg and is hiding it. I was actually thinking she was looking for a doctor to stop the fight, with how openly obvious she was with her grimacing and screaming. Props to powering through it, but still, stop making excuses lol

I get what she is saying, but Roxy didn't even target the knee. lol. Just take the fucking "L" and move on. The UFC/athletic commision isn't going to do anything to better the sport. They aren't changing gloves, scoring systems, judges and especially not changing the fact that doctors can enter and check on a fighter any time they please.

"It is what it is" - Kenny "blessed" Florian
I know, the entire crux of her rant is that “he gave her injury away” and Roxy said she 100% knew and 100% had no interest in targeting it which she didn’t
How can someone complain about an supposed advantage if the entire fight is on tape, I mean we can see that Roxy didn’t try to end her knee, how can you still bring that shit up ?!?!

Back