Maycee Barber Lashes Out at Octagon Doctor for His Actions and Comments

Did the doctor do anything wrong?

• Total voters
She's trying to dismiss Roxy's win by deflecting her shortcomings and blame the doctor. The accident. Whatever straw she can grasp.
She's come out (her team) and tried to spin the story that she's not a quitter to hold her place in the rankings. This sounds like some Ben Askren shit too. It's annoying she took the mic to give herself 'shine' when it was Roxy's moment.
I mean I don't really care about her but if this is how her is behavior now when she has UFC push behind her, imagine what she would act like when shit goes her way.
She seems entitled and I don't care that much for that shit in fighters. Maybe the blue Chip prospects get carried away with the glitz and glam and attention. I don't know.

What about this makes you think of Ben Askren? What do you mean?

Roxanne whooped this girl's ass and proved that she is improving with every fight she takes. Maybe Barber can take some notes from Roxanne, swallow her pride, accept the fact she lost and maybe start improving her game. Just like Roxanne has done over the years.

LOL the "Aspen Ladd excuse"...

Am I wrong?.. been watching UFC a long time..Have never seen that before.

Have you?

Hurt or not I think was was going to lose that fight.

So the doctor identified an injury which is what they are supposed to do but then let her continue to fight because she wanted to.

And she is pissed? Would she have been happier if he stopped the fight? Make up your mind. She got thumped in the first round before the leg inury regardless. Roxy had her number.

Am I wrong?.. been watching UFC a long time..Have never seen that before.

Have you?

Hurt or not I think was was going to lose that fight.
I 100% agree.

She should lash out at herself and her corner for not stopping the fight. If she felt something was wrong with her knee then thats on her, not the doctor

misdirection - trying time change the narrative so people forget that she got dominated by roxy even prior to the injury which was caused by her being dropped

Meh...the org are protecting themselves that's why they sent the doctor...no difference from a big cut that the doctor needs to check. why are we even talking about this still?

Barber lost in every which way possible in this fight. Got outstruck, got outworked on the ground, got mounted, got knocked down....what else is there but to take the L and get better?

misdirection - trying time change the narrative so people forget that she got dominated by roxy even prior to the injury which was caused by her being dropped
Already forgot.

What about this makes you think of Ben Askren? What do you mean?
He's been coaching her and it seems like shades of shit that happened after the Robbie fight are coming out in the form of excuses. That's what I'm seeing. Fuck. I could be wrong again though.

He's been coaching her and it seems like shades of shit that happened after the Robbie fight are coming out in the form of excuses. That's what I'm seeing. Fuck. I could be wrong again though.

Eh, I dunno, I'm not a personal fan of Ben, but he always was pretty open and honest when he took an L or criticism flew his way. When he asked if he would rematch Robbie he was basically like fuck no, I didn't even wanna fight him the first time. When Mas obliterated him he was basically like eh, been talking shit for a decade, that sucked. Even defended his right to throw the extra two punches.

Maycee just strikes me as very entitled and not willing to take the high road here.

Barber lost in every which way possible in this fight. Got outstruck, got outworked on the ground, got mounted, got knocked down....what else is there but to take the L and get better?

needs to lose weight..

Eh, I dunno, I'm not a personal fan of Ben, but he always was pretty open and honest when he took an L or criticism flew his way. When he asked if he would rematch Robbie he was basically like fuck no, I didn't even wanna fight him the first time. When Mas obliterated him he was basically like eh, been talking shit for a decade, that sucked. Even defended his right to throw the extra two punches.

Maycee just strikes me as very entitled and not willing to take the high road here.
For sure. They handled loses differently. I was just getting a sense she was being directed in her saving face since the sound of the bell. I feel like she is entitled and also young with an older coach influencing her on how to take it. I wasn't getting at that they handled their loses the same. Just seemed like shades of his influence. I'm not even saying she's doing the wrong thing. Her attitude and inflection will drive people off. Who knows though.
If anything I get where you're coming from about Ben Askren. I did think he took his lose to Jorge really well and that he did the right thing by retiring. He's a smart guy and had a good career and only wish him the best of long term brain health.

not impressed with the way she and some of those around her have handled the loss, but I agree that doc fucked up large.

I don't see how potentially highlighting a non-visible injury to the other corner is in line with the mandate of 'fighter safety'. A verbal check-in could have balanced the need to verify her status with not revealing info that could be exploited, perhaps?

I actually agree with what she said

I have never seen the doctor examine someone's knee like that before.

And if you determine something is torn, stop the fight.

Did the doctor take it upon himself or was he asked by the commission to check her out?

Is there set protocol?

I’m genuinely just curious....

Back