Maycee Barber Lashes Out at Octagon Doctor for His Actions and Comments

Did the doctor do anything wrong?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
170b19c729f044c35c4858ab316dbf51

"I was doing everything I could to disguise the fact that I had been compromised. I feel like the fact that the doctor completely gave away that I was dealing with something. It also made the injury more prominent to me when I was trying to push it out of my head for the fight.

"Had it been me fighting, if I would have seen the doctor stepping in and checking someone’s knee, that would instantly be the thing that I target.

"I feel as though the doctor should have come up to me and ask[ed] me if I was good, and then listened to my response. I personally have never seen anyone sat down in the middle of fight and had a doctor (check) their knee stability; and then proceed to get up and announce to the ref and everyone else there was a small ACL tear and that (the fighter) was ‘fine.’

"I knew something in my knee was torn and I wasn’t fine, but I knew that I could be in the fight, and then after the fight was over, I could cry and deal with it.

"There is absolutely no benefit or reason for the doctor to check me if he was going to let me continue, and there most definitely wasn’t a reason to announce the injury and let me continue knowing full well that he had just ‘shown my hand.’

"If I’m ever in true danger of permanent damage, I trust my corners to make the right decision. My knee was trashed already, and I wasn’t taking serious damage otherwise.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...d-trashed-knee-expects-to-return-in-late-2020

Last edited:
While she makes a good point, the commissions can't trust a fighter's corner to make the right decision. They need their guy to ensure safety.

Last edited:
I actually agree with what she said

I have never seen the doctor examine someone's knee like that before.

And if you determine something is torn, stop the fight.

The woman is unbearable.

I hope the UFC give her a title shot off a loss. Feed her to Valentina so she gets the reality check she needs.

Everyone knew her knee was fucked by the way she went down at the start of the second. This doctor thing probably shouldn’t have happened but it’s completely irrelevant to the final outcome.

I'm ready to not hear about her till she's ready to fight again

She really does a good job of making herself unlikable. You tore your ACL after you got dropped on your ass. She will never be champ and should get back to teaching people BJJ as a fake black belt

Doctor was worried about her cause she is a girl lol

They wouldn't give a flying fuck if it was a man

I bet the doctor has a daughter. Good man

The doctor didn't "show her hand". Anyone with eyes could tell that her knee was compromised.

Its obviously still weird that the doc came in and checked the knee mid-fight, you just don't typically see that. But regardless, it's not like Roxy targeted the knee after or anything like that. The doctor had no impact on the fight at all. Time for Maycee to stop blaming everyone else after the loss and take a look in the mirror.

The doc was a goose, sure, but he changed nothing

RoxyGOAT already had Maycee's number by then anyway

Didn't had an opinion about maycee before the fight, now she's the most annoying fighter in the UFC. I hope she keeps getting dominated by massive underdogs.

I like her spirit to keep fighting on.

Just cut her already. She's barely been in the UFC and is already beyond insufferable.

I get what she is saying, but Roxy didn't even target the knee. lol. Just take the fucking "L" and move on. The UFC/athletic commision isn't going to do anything to better the sport. They aren't changing gloves, scoring systems, judges and especially not changing the fact that doctors can enter and check on a fighter any time they please.

"It is what it is" - Kenny "blessed" Florian

Maybe doctors need to be banned from checking on Roufusport team mate conditions. Its not like any of their fighters died in the ring right?

Last edited:
While she makes a good point, the commissions can't trust a fighter's corner to make the right decision. They need they're guy to ensure safety.
She is not making a good point. Healthcare professionals ask for subjective data and compare it to the objective data. It is not enough for a doctor to take the patient's word. People lie. The doctor has to confirm what the patent is reporting matches reality.

She said it herself, she would have lied to the doctor. LOL

War Barber. Ya,'ll just jealous. Youda quit after a stubbed toe.

I voted "no"
Did the doctor actually handle a couple things wrong? Yes, but moreso in announcing the problem, not in the way he checked it. His responsibility is her safety. It isn't like he already knew he was going to let her continue. The whole point was to make sure that she could.
Also, its just another scapegoat for Barber, who can't accept a loss. She is coming up with every excuse she can to avoid her reality: she got beat by Roxy. Not by a freak 10 second injury, not by the doctor... but by Roxy

He should have stopped it. Dont think any fighter should fight with an acl (cruciate) tear and that is just my opinion. He probably anticipated it was off..

But I fall more into the sports side of things so..

Last edited:
Back