Maycee Barber: Is her stock up or down?

How have your feelings about Maycee changed?

• Total voters
Remember when it was tossed around that Barber vs. PVZ was considered a "money fight" ? WMMA, ladies and gentlemen!
no, i don’t. care to post some examples of people saying this other than Maycee calling out PVZ on social media?

Like Maycee a tiny bit more because I noticed her immature behavior a while back & viewed the post-fight moment as a fumbled attempt to show Roxy respect. Like for The Happy Warrior - already high going in - greatly increased.

Haven't seen a link to the following: Now articles and interviews are coming out where she openly bashed Her opponent saying things like “we all know who the better fighter is, I was just unlucky”. My friend @Zebra Cheeks can you provide a link or add an edit to the op?

Maycee's dad Bucky said idiotic stuff on instagram. Roxy's reply was awesome & hilarious. Hopefully someone will post it.

Maycee has acted delusional many times. That seems common amongst highly competitive people, to varying degrees. Whether they grow is another story. Hoping the injury & rehab will help her reflect & mature. Mr. Potato Dad Bucky is ignorant of Roxy's deceptively effective skillset. Maybe Maycee is too but the W goes to Roxy.

Damn!
Her "Stock" went way down,....Someone get my Broker on the line NOW!!!
:mad:

I feel sorry for her. She's 21so basically a fetus. Shame this fetus can't learn her mistakes in private. No, instead her family push her into the limelight, brianwash her into thinking she's the shit in MMA and that she's the FUTURE - Duhhhhhhhh!!!

What isn't even funny is that there is more lame assery to come from the Barbie family. Much more. I'm cringing already.

no, i don’t. care to post some examples of people saying this other than Maycee calling out PVZ on social media?
A lot of people said it. Because it's the truth. At that time maycee had 2 fights and was getting ready to fight JJ Aldrich. 125 there are two big names. Valentina and and Paige. Obviously one is light years better than the other. But those are the two names that will get you the most attention. PVZ had just done Dancing With The Stars, she came back beat Ostovich. Her name was relevant again even if her resume was unimpressive.

It may not be a huge money fight, but unless you're fighting for the title, there's not a bigger name than PVZ at 125.

I really don't get the fighters who lose and bash their opponents.

"The dude/chick I lost to sucks, I was just unlucky!" sounds stupid and makes you look WEAKER because you just lost to someone who SUCKS.

"The dude/chick I lost to is really good / improved a lot, I'd love a rematch!" would sound so much better and makes it look like you only lose to TOP DOGS.

Her stock just took a major blow, both her skills and her personality is ridiculed by everyone

I understand what you mean and yes it would be entertaining, I wouldn't get my hopes up on Amanda though I mean her stand-up is good but her ground game (BJJ) is just not impressive. If you ask me I tell you her BJJ is overated. She failed to submit Germaine De Randamie three or four times, she had 13 - 15 minutes, for a submission and she just couldn't do it, not even close. If I remembered correctly thats how I went, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Off topic:
The only person I would consider true MMArtist's in UFC WMMA is Valentina and Zhang, they put ALL there skills into action inside the Octogon, and they never dissapoint.

Joanna; is an expert in Muay Tai anything else is minute.

Saurez; she is an expert @ Wrestling she is not a MMArtist.

Rose; we see Karate/Taekwondo/ but her BJJ is weak.. Novice at best.

Tecia; we see Karate/Taekwondo/Judo
But she is Novice in all three practice.

This is what I see; just one mans opinion.
Have you seen last Shevchenko's fight and Zhang perfomances outside China? Torres and Taylor. I guess not. And sure Nunes is bum, rofl.

It’s going to depend on who you ask. Personally, I though she aLready got exposed in her fight against Aldrich.

From a casual perspective, most definitely. She was the biggest betting favorite of the entire event, by a large margin, facing a fighter that many still underestimate, and was expected to destroy her. Instead, she got whooped for three rounds and dropped by someone with a rep for pillow fists.

Why not have Roxy's stock shot up?

it did. She moved up two spots in the rankings.

Fighting wise the same, I wasn't that impressed previously, but she's young so whatever, let's see how she develops.
Thought it was pretty disrespectful to grab the mic from Roxy like that, nevermind the backhanded 'compliments' or whatever.

And it doesn't seem like she's giving her opponent's skills any credit for her loss, that's not an attitude that's going to help her grow.

So she definitely didn't make me any more of a fan last weekend.

What did you expect from a 21 years old chick?
Also trash talk gains more "fans" (idiots) and media attention

People like Sage are able to maintain a good attitude no matter what happens. Yes, a lot of 21-year-olds are idiots. But it's not a requirement for the age, and while being young may justify a bad attitude, it certainly doesn't excuse it.

It’s going to depend on who you ask. Personally, I though she aLready got exposed in her fight against Aldrich.

From a casual perspective, most definitely. She was the biggest betting favorite of the entire event, by a large margin, facing a fighter that many still underestimate, and was expected to destroy her. Instead, she got whooped for three rounds and dropped by someone with a rep for pillow fists.

it did. She moved up two spots in the rankings.

So many people sleep on Roxy, and have even after she turned her career around. Mind-boggling.

I love maycee but how could her stock possibly be up after Saturday night. She was a 9-1 favorite and was losing before injury. Do I believe she may have taken Roxanne lightly? Yes ... big time. Regardless, does she get points fighting with a full tear with absolutely no worry from other damage along with? OK, yes- she's nasty. However, stock cant possibly go up. She learned a lesson that too many learn early on in a UFC career. She rebounds by absolutely putting it on someone next fight.

Have you seen last Shevchenko's fight and Zhang perfomances outside China? Torres and Taylor. I guess not. And sure Nunes is bum, rofl.

I'm confused, Shevchenko and Zhang what about them? I never said Amanda Nunes was a Bum, she is Goat in WMMA no one can dispute this.

Torres and Taylor; they weren't even trying to fight Zhang esp Taylor, running, dodging, most of the fight hardly engaging. Zhang had to physically chase them down just to get them to engage.

Notice: those who've engaged with Zhang; Jessica Aguilar, Jessica Andrade. Tell me; did the fight end any different from the last 16 finishe's in China? lol, I didn't think so.... Got ya there buddy ;)

1-2 punch run, it doesn't take an expert, to see this (style make fights) Tecia, put up more of a fight in the beginning, but also resorted to dodging when the time came crucial. I've experience this before when I used to fight on the streets, I call this the (Elusive Style) a fighter un-willing to-commit and engage only enough to stay relevant in the fight. This way of fighting will lose 10 of 10 suffering little injuries.

You may have a hard time understanding this, to me; it's textbook. ;)

(Tecia Torres 0-4 on-decline)
(Daniel Taylor no-longer-active)

Last edited:
Too bad Roxy didn't go full Pico Jones and stomped the fuck out of her knee.

Back