Movies Mayberry Movie Club: Week 13 Nominations (Halloween Edition)

What should we watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winner!

iu

There was a tie between this and Maniac, so since the Halloween theme was @sickc0d3r's idea I asked him to choose. Thanks, 'Coder. Back to back Cronenberg it is!

@Dirt Road Soldier @MusterX @sickc0d3r @Tufts @Zer @newjerseynick

There is no set criteria for how ties are dealt with.
I feel like if you dont dig the choice you can just scream "tie" and override the ranking and making sonething up

I'm sorry you feel that way. Let's see if I can better explain.

From the rules.
  • If it's a tie then the judges decide the tiebreaker (I'm the judges so don't leave it in the hands of the judges)

In this case I decided to abide by whatever @sickc0d3r wanted to go with (and I stated the reasoning). Which I was sure would be Maniac since he voted for that one and did not vote for Scanners. In fact I voted for Maniac and not Scanners as well. If I really wanted Maniac to lose to Scanners I would have voted differently.

I don't want there to be ties. That's why everyone can change their votes. For example, you voted for both Maniac and Scanners. Had you come back before the poll closed you could have switched your vote from Scanners to Stitches and your film would have won. For whatever reason people don't seem take advantage of that ability. And when there have been ties I've on multiple occassions brought others in on the decision. For example @Dirt Road Soldier made the decision when it was his theme week.

As for me "not digging the choice and just screaming tie", the votes are all right there for anyone to see. Math is math. The two films each had four votes from club members, and ours are the only votes that count. And even if we counted everyone's vote then Scanners would have simply won outright. What votes are you counting that makes Maniac the winner such that I'm somehow "overriding the ranking".

@Dirt Road Soldier @MusterX @sickc0d3r @Tufts @Zer

Does anyone else here feel like I'm unfairly gaming the system, or think we should change the rules?

No, I think things are fine. You explained that there was a tie, and who you gave the tiebreaking vote to. All the votes are easily countable by anyone. It would take some master level craftmanship to game a system this transparent.

No, I think things are fine. You explained that there was a tie, and who you gave the tiebreaking vote to. All the votes are easily countable by anyone. It would take some master level craftmanship to game a system this transparent.

I agree, I don't see any problem with letting whoever came up with the theme make the call

Back