Maybe Rousey KOing Bethe will set up the Cyborg fight and finally get her to fight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Combat Wombatt, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Combat Wombatt

Combat Wombatt Brown Belt

That was some horrible striking from Rousey last night but it worked against the terribly over-matched Bethe Correia. Rousey may now be over-confident in her striking and believe that not only is she a submission artist she's a striker too.

I bet Cyborg watched that fight and home and laughed. She probably knows that Ronda probably is so delusional in her striking that she's say, "I'll stand and bang with Cyborg" and Ronda will actually do it.....until she's TKO'd.

Hell, Meisha Tate had Ronda hurt but much like Kongo has a horrible fight IQ as shown against Cain, and when she had Ronda struggling went for a clinch and was taken down rather then pushing off and going for the KO.

So, maybe Cyborg seeing Rousey's striking and her over-confidence in her striking will cause Cyborg to finally agree to the Rousey fight.

I believe that if Cyborg can keep Ronda at bay and keep it standing she can TKO Rousey. It'll help greatly if Ronda wants to stand and bang. It's admirable when a fighter wants to fight an opponent at their own strength, obviously when it's their weakest skill. But it could also be Rousey's undoing.

Rousey wanted to stand and bang with Bethe but you saw that when she got tagged a few times she immediately reverted to a desperation TD attempt and threw Bethe to the floor. So, if she's getting hurt I see her going back to her judo quickly, however, will it be before Cyborg puts her down, that's the interesting part.

2. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens Platinum Member

Cris will never fight in an org with enhanced blood testing. She will stay in Invicta with their fight night urinalysis as the only test.

3. sbhatt

sbhatt Purple Belt

MAYBE Cybro will put down the needle and make weight...but I doubt it.

This is the most likely outcome...she knows she has a very small puncher's chance against Ronda all juiced up, and almost no chance whatsoever fighting clean.

4. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens Platinum Member

Bethe is her only low level opponent going back toSarah D'Alelio.

5. GoldenAzazel

GoldenAzazel General Manager of PWD Platinum Member

Fighting a silver medalist in wrestling = can?

Cyborg must also be content with fighting cans seeing as her level of opponents are worse and in a less stacked division.

6. Combat Wombatt

Having a great pedigree in a different sport doesn't mean great in MMA.

Plenty of people coming into the UFC with great wrestling backgrounds and go nowhere.

7. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

wow just wow

Your acting like cyborg is some striking savant.When she just bull rushes smaller and inferior opponents.What ronda did to bethe.

Meisha hurt ronda? at what point? i remember rogan going she tagged her but ronda clearly landed the harder shot in the exchange and it backed up meisha.Ronda won the striking and the grappling in that fight .

And when ronda got tagged a few times by bethe?the first thing ronda went for was the tie and looking to dirty box before a shot was even thrown.Then ronda basically jabbed and got an overhand right in bethes face landed the tie few knees punches bethe backups trips and its against the cage were ronda keeps throwing and gets the finish

All i can conclude is ur hate makes u blind

8. GoldenAzazel

True, but still a fighter like Cat Zingano who was 9-0 and finished all of her opponents (including Miesha Tate) isn't a can either.

I'm just trying to make the point that if Ronda is fighting cans then what would you call Cyborg's opponents? Because she definitely isn't fighting tougher competition than Rousey. In fact most of Cyborg's opponents have already lost to people like Carmouche, Modafferi, Baszler etc. who are evidently a lot worse than Rousey.

9. Combat Wombatt

Sure. I don't think Rousey is fighting all cans.

She's basically at the 2nd generation of MMA where fighters are coming from different backgrounds where men's MMA is in it's 3rd generation which is people coming from all around MMA backgrounds.

10. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

Yes not to mention fighting people ronda beat when she was green

Honestly the only time cyborg had a shot at beating ronda was before the first meisha tate fight.If they fought now id be suprised if ronda was less then a -500 fav

11. SpiderNxno

SpiderNxno Blue Belt

Im sure there will be a strategy when the fight with cyborg comes along. She did this because she could against correia and she's a badass.

12. GoldenAzazel

I agree, but I'd probably say men's is at 4th generation and women's is at 2nd. Just because men have been coming from all round MMA for a while now.

13. GoldenAzazel

I could see Cyborg winning if Rousey tries to prove a point and strike with her instead of dumping Cyborg on her ass. I'd be surprised too though if Ronda was less than a -500.

14. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

Reported

15. Combat Wombatt

I bet Rousey wouldn't take Cyborg seriously enough and attempt to stand and bang with her.

16. GoldenAzazel

It's a possibility but even if that does happen then I think Rousey would smash her in a rematch.

17. Woliwo

Woliwo Brown Belt

God I hope so.
    I think Ronda can beat Cyborg at 135, 140, 145 and open. Dunno why she doesn't :/

18. GoldenAzazel

[YT]9zUip9FY9QA[/YT]

this video might help explain her reasons

19. Rubberneck76

Rubberneck76 Alizée Belt Platinum Member

TS has clearly never seen Cyborg fight. All of the points he rags on Ronda for Cyborg is more that guilty of. Cyborgs delusion reach such heights she tried to fight a world champion in another sport only to be destroyed. TS is just a typical Rondarager, end scene.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  20. Combat Wombatt

Then let the fight happen. Most likely Ronda eventually gets Cyborg down and beats her. But it'd be interesting while it's standing.