Maybe Jones should do a GSP and Vacate

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This was his Johnny Hendricks fight.

beaten and bruised and arguably defeated.

he won but has slowed down a lot.

Maybe just walk away the LHW goat.

His Hendricks fight was Santos.

This was his 2nd

Bro...he wasn't beaten and bruised
maxresdefault.jpg

This is beaten and bruised
gsp-face.jpg

This was his Johnny Hendricks fight.

beaten and bruised and arguably defeated.

he won but has slowed down a lot.

Maybe just walk away the LHW goat.

Um, Hendricks was only GSP's fourth hardest fight. He was finished in his two hardest fights (Hughes and Serra), and Penn did far more damage to him than Hendricks did (GSP had to go straight to the hospital after the first Penn fight, he went straight to the press conference after Hendricks).

No one has finished Jones, so this is either his hardest or second hardest fight (the first Gus fight was as hard).

lmao it was a close fight. And slowing down? he was putting on Reyes in 4 and 5. Majority of the fight Reyes was behind the double lines backing up.

I do think Jones should either retire or take the Stipe fight then retire. There is nothing left to prove. He's beaten everyone and has never been KO'd, tapped, or lost a decision.

GSP beat Hendricks ......
... Retired ....
Came back and won the belt in a higher weight division.

But I do agree with your underlining logic. Although it would make Jones look like hes running away. I think he should try and get a gimmie fight and go out in dominate fashion. ... Drop the belt/retire and then come back to fight some big money fights and potentially fight for the HW belt if the matchup makes sense.

Jones will never be any kind of GOAT to the majority. In real sports they take away everything you ever cheated for when you get busted for peds. That’s good enough for me.

Yes, it is time for Jones to move up.
If he feels he needs to rematch Reyes to leave no doubt in anyone's head, then that is fine, otherwise move to HW and cement his legacy beyond a reasonable doubt.

Why would he do that? I was under the impression gsp vacated becuz he was in bad terms with scumbag Dana and ufc while jones3 is one of the goofs favorite sons .

Back