Maybe I just suck at squat...

ChickenLegs

Orange Belt
Reaction score
As the rule goes in weightlifting, your max full clean is = to your 3 rep max front squat. Or something like that.

Well, today I power cleaned 190 for 5 singles at 155 pounds. Like, real easy powerclean. I pulled the bar pretty high on each rep, to the point where I barely had to dip down (think 1/8th squat ROM). Sounds good to me... except I can barely front squat 185 pounds. I'm talking life and dead situation.

WTF. *violently punches both legs til he passes out* wtf is wrong with you, legs. I'LL KILL YOU. I'm forever known as ChickenLegs :icon_cry2

As a fellow pussy squatter, you have my deepest sympathy.

Either that, or post a video of the Front Squat.

or you could just buck up and squat more.

This thread is confusing. Do you want praise for your epic cleaning strengf or ridicule for sucking at teh front skwats.

oh, and last time I tested my max, my front squat = my powerclean 1 for 1. It's been a while and I feel they've both improved, but I don't know that the ratio has changed much.

I think that you're perfect just the way you are Urban.

I'll test my max clean today, but I'm pretty sure it's at least 50lbs less than my FS.

Why is everyone questioning their clean to fs ratio based on the posting of an unknown white belt?

My front squat has about 100 lb on my clean.

I like how this thread was started and then abandoned by the OP.

No, gee thanks for the replies guys.

My front squat and powerclean both suck, they do suck equally though, so at least I'm a structurally blanced weakling.

I love responses like these. We should start calling them the "Yoda" responses.

- "There is no try. There is only do."

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Get it right or don't quote star wars.

*goes off in nerd hissy fit*

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Get it right or don't quote star wars.

*goes off in nerd hissy fit*

I FAIL!!!

Seriously, I thought I was being witty and here I am misquoting the Holy Trinity... :icon_cry2

*goes off to off himself*

I love responses like these. We should start calling them the "Yoda" responses.
There's nothing sagelike about it... it's good advice. More Dan john:
"increase your front squat by 10 lbs. I guarantee this will help with your goals."

Back