Maya Angelu dies @ 86

The younger they are when they learn about white guilt and black pride, the better IMO.

It isn't about 'white guilt' pal it's about celebrating a culture

Nothing wrong with having 'black pride' same as if you were proud to be white, difference is 'white pride' has a different connotation

Never heard of her so I googled the name and found a list of her 13 best quotes and I've never heard any of them. None of them seem particularly profound or memorable. I sometimes don't recognize the name of someone famous but I usually recognize what they are famous for when I find out.

Thought she already died long ago

Here comes every white kid with dreadlocks pouring out the excerpts and quotes on Facebook

Dont know how anyone couldn't have heard of her. Why even bother mentioning that? It just exposes you as uninformed and uneducated.

Never heard of her so I googled the name and found a list of her 13 best quotes and I've never heard any of them. None of them seem particularly profound or memorable. I sometimes don't recognize the name of someone famous but I usually recognize what they are famous for when I find out.

In this case your illiteracy has held you back it seems.

RIP Maya

I can't recall ever reading any of her work.

Thought she already died long ago

Here comes every white kid with dreadlocks pouring out the excerpts and quotes on Facebook

tumblr_static_tumblr_inline_mlisk0u9261r4k368.gif

The world lost a great one today.

RIP to a Woman and Poet of great brilliance and talent...

"I love a Hebrew National hot dog with an ice-cold Corona, no lime. If the phone rings, I won't answer until I'm done." Maya Angelou

R.I.P.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Maybe the GOAT title for an autobiography.

No one paid attention in High School English apparently

Gotta be honest I thought she was dead already.

RIP.

I didnt even go to school and I still know about that sistah, rip.

I've heard about her through English/Lit through JR high - colllege.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Maybe the GOAT title for an autobiography.

Read it and I'm not gonna lie I got a little rustled downstairs during the rape scene

RIP Ms. Angelou

Back