Maya Angelu dies @ 86

RIP. I remember when I was in elementary school they would make us pick a great African American and do a report on them almost every year. All the boys, myself included, wanted to do Muhammad Ali but my mom made me do Maya Angelou because she hates boxing, likes poetry, and she made my brother do reports on her too so I already had all the information I needed from his stuff and my own from the previous years.

Last edited:
Maya Angelou was besmirched ITTT.

(The extra T is for title.)

RIP. I remember when I was in elementary school they would make us pick a great African American and do a report on them almost every year. All the boys, myself included, wanted to do Muhammad Ali but my mom made me do Maya Angelou because she hates boxing, likes poetry, and she made my brother do reports on her too so I already had all the information I needed from his stuff and my own from the previous years.

That early huh.

Never expected her to die.

R.I.P

[Yt]ik4bnjUCTbE[/MEDIA]

poor white guy! stfu already. lady was infinitely more impressive than you.

M- Maya Angelou
A- Artistic, Poetic
Y- You shall be missed
A- Athletic & Explosive

RIP sweet princess

The younger they are when they learn about white guilt and black pride, the better IMO.

Its really not that bad, no one ever used the terms "white privilege" or really said anything to encourage white guilt at all, we just did one report on a black person. I remember one of my 11th grade black teachers mentioned something about white people feeling guilty after watching Roots and I just thought to myself "Uh, why?". The concept was pretty foreign to me even thought I had learned about institutionalized racism and all the horrible things that happened to the Natives.

Its really not that bad, no one ever used the terms "white privilege" or really said anything to encourage white guilt at all, we just did one report on a black person. I remember one of my 11th grade black teachers mentioned something about white people feeling guilty after watching Roots and I just thought to myself "Uh, why?". The concept was pretty foreign to me even thought I had learned about institutionalized racism and all the horrible things that happened to the Natives.

I assume you are not that old, so the only institutional racism in your age was in favour of minorities, just as it is today, unless you talk about the age of forced segregation.

White privilege was coined by Noel Ignatiev decades ago I believe, and was already then an invalid/outdated concept, its gaining popularity as its incomprehensible to many why different ethnicities do not perform similarly academically or professionally. Naturally there are reasonable explanations for this which do not involve borderline-mythical terms such as "white privilege".

Your reaction to the teachers comment is interesting.

Back