May 24 Kessler VS Miranda

barring a lucky shot, Kessler is going to eat him alive

This fight is a pretty enormous mismatch imo.

Can't handle a guy who can hit hard and keep the pressure on at MW? Let's move up a division and fight a guy who can hit hard and keep the pressure on there!

Granted, Kessler and Pavlik have different styles. In regards to matching up against Miranda though, they might as well be carbon copies of each other. If anything, Kessler will be even worse for Miranda. While he has the ability to stay on an opponent, he's also a little bit slicker than a guy like Pavlik.

I give Miranda 5 or 6 rounds on his feet before he is TKO'd.

horrible and late tko!!! of course the viking warrior come out with the W

Kessler wins by...
jab, jab, jab, jab, jab.... straight right right behind. Keeping the punches in tight, while Miranda throws looping bombs opening himself up.

Great match up though. For the past year and a half I've just been on a high with how many great match ups there have been. I remember having to wait about 3-5 months to see a slightly interesting match up. I'm getting them almost on a monthly basis now.

Sounds like you're a bit excited about this fight.

yes it is. That is a pretty intriguing matchup as far as im concerned.

Im taking Kessler by UD.

Miranda wins only by KO, but i dont see it happening because of his wide punches.

Kessler picks him apart for a decision.

Kessler unless Miranda can catch him and KO him.

Man, I'm suprised to see Kessler as such a lock pick so far. I'll make him a slight favorite I guess, but Miranda is game and hits like a truck.

Agree. Just because Miranda got clobbered recently that doesn't mean he's out of the fight game. Miranda is a notoriously tough power puncher. I think people are forgetting that both Miranda and Kessler lost to champs or future champs. Kessler lost to a "Loopy" fighter with less power (although Joe has a rock hard chin). I agree that I give a slight edge to Kessler, just because he's a bread 'n butter boxer. Set them up with solid jabs and knock them down with straight rights. It's a simple but effective tool box to draw from. But counting Edison out is mind boggling. I agree, a slight edge.

Kessler by split decision.

Apparently it's a done deal, if you can trust the danes.

Thoughts on this?

I like the matchup. Mikkel has similarities with Pavlik, who matched up well.

Kessler's trying to prove something. No warm up fight after his first loss, he wants the meanest guy out there.

i would love to see this fight, both guys are game to fight so it should be a slober knocker. kessler should be able to out box him and win. but miranda does hit like a mule and anything could happen, it only takes 1 punch but i think the smart money is on kessler.

i would love to see this fight, both guys are game to fight so it should be a slober knocker. kessler should be able to out box him and win. but miranda does hit like a mule and anything could happen, it only takes 1 punch but i think the smart money is on kessler.

how long are kessler's arms?

not as long as mirandas FREAK arms.

i know i said pantera, but that's because people kept picking kessler. I actually am a big fan of both, as the danish blood runs rampant throught me. But I have been a fan of miranda since I ever saw kessler fight (only even knew of kessler 2 fights before he fought andrade).

so as long as it is exciting i am happy, and this one should definetly be exciting. I dont think it will go to the final bell

Back