May 24 Kessler VS Miranda

IamaFight Freak

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was surprised when i heard this fight was going to happen because of the feud going on between Jean Pascal and Miranda.....Since they fought on the same show and been trash talking each other like crazy.

oh well.......i think Pascal would have lost anyways anyways

Who have you got for this fight?

i think Kessler by TKO...........but to me its really 50/50

Kessler takes this in the 6th round.
His straight punches will murder him.
I don't see how anyone can take miranda on this. Besides a punchers chance.

Miranda has power, and frankly thats it.
His fundamentals lack. Kessler is better in every area.

Kessler by systematic breakdown, TKO8.

Pavlik exposed Miranda as a fightr who can't handle presure.

Kessler by late TKO or decision.

How did this come about?
Did Miranda taunt Kessler into taking this fight?

I was following some of the articles over at ESB. Miranda was firing at Kessler for not wanting to fight him.
Well, looks like he's getting what he wants.
Should be a good fight.

Man, I'm suprised to see Kessler as such a lock pick so far. I'll make him a slight favorite I guess, but Miranda is game and hits like a truck.

Sugar Shane... Long time no see. Enjoy Marquez/Vasquez tres? My boy took it home again.

Sugar Shane... Long time no see. Enjoy Marquez/Vasquez tres? My boy took it home again.

What up. Ya the fight was great, a real experience. And the bars in Long Beach afterward were pretty damn live too. Vasquez sure did take it home, you could hit him with a tire iron and he'd keep coming at you.

Though he was a sore loser in the end, Marquez took his beating like a man. I knew he was tough before, but I HAD new respect for him after the fight. But after the post-fight interview, it dropped. Still... Tough son of a bitch.

Haven't seen you on the boards forever. What have you been up to?

Same old stuff dude, just workin alot. Been staying at my girlfriend's house a lot, and she doesn't have a computer. Hence my absence from here.

I try to not judge too harshly from fighter's immediate post fight words. Marquez was bitter, but you have to remember what he just went through, only to come up short. Great, great fight.

I hear ya. I have been applying to grad schools, finishing up lab projects, and work. It's life. Totally understandable.

Man, I'm suprised to see Kessler as such a lock pick so far. I'll make him a slight favorite I guess, but Miranda is game and hits like a truck.

yeah i know, i basically flipped a coin. people see what pavlik did to him and now they think he is not that good. and that kessler will just outbox him then pick him apart. But remember Allen Green....Green is a very good boxer with speed and power and he could not beat Miranda...

I could see either man winning.

Kessler is the obvious choice and is sure to employ a Pavlik-esque approach to Miranda.

However, hopefully Miranda learned a lesson in the Pavlik bout and can somehow remedy his lack of D.

Also, Miranda has the curse that plagues so many punchers...a suspect beard. I hope that it can withstand Kesslers right hand en route to victory.

Miranda is very game; he could pose serious trouble for Kessler- however, Kessler is still my pick- strong and pretty skilled.

Miranda is very game; he could pose serious trouble for Kessler- however, Kessler is still my pick- strong and pretty skilled.

Yeah, but I like Miranda as the under dog in this fight. He can take a hell of a beating and still be dangerous. He's got a better chance than most people think.

Miranda is awesome. He wants to fight the best and will do it even if he has to go to their hometown although this one looks like it may take place in Canada.

I think this fight will show us if Miranda really was drained due to weight cutting in his fight against Pavlik. This should be a gem.

im guessing that bute or pascal will also be on the card. if kessler beats miranda then we might have a possible kessler-bute matchup down the road(it makes sense).

This cannot end well for Edison Miranda.

Back