Maxime Bernier says ''Bye Felicia'' to the CPC

any change to the voting system should be in the form of a referendum, it shouldnt be up to the politicians. If he promised a vote on the system though and reneged then thats just shady.
Agreed. The mechanisms of attaining power shouldn't be meddled with by those seeking, or in, power.

As for this asshat splitting the right? Is he a secret Trudeau supporter? I have no idea how this will play out over the next 14 months.

That's adorable. Come 2019...

<FookIsThatGuy>

The CBC's Poll Tracker, which uses an average of polls to make seat projections, currently gives the Liberals a 48 per cent chance of winning a majority government if an election were held today — a coin flip. But take two points away from the Conservatives and give that to a hypothetical Bernier party, and those Liberal odds increase to 65 per cent, or about two in three.

Increase that Bernier drain to five percentage points and the Liberals' chances of winning a majority government increase to 81 per cent — even with less support nationwide than what was achieved in the 2015 federal election. The chances that the Conservatives emerge with even a minority government in such a scenario drop to virtually nothing.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-bernier-new-party-election-politics-1.4796682

Don't be so sure of it. He would definitely be known if he's partly responsible for giving Trudeau a second term.

CBC estimates pulled out of their asses, based on a CBC poll...

Of course they'll be saying he sky is falling for the PC's up until election day. Don't believe one goddamn thing they put out on this. Bernier will not make a dent.

I can see younger Conservatives who have no issue with legal cannabis, abortion and don't care to support Evangelical Christians climb aboard his party. Not sure why you're being so smug about this, any small dent in the Conservative party is going to help Trudeau big time.

Forget that, Trudeau is by far the worst embarrassment this country has ever had. He is no way qualified for the job he has, was elected due to his last name and has made a complete ass of himself on the international stage every chance he gets.

I actually haven't so much as located the conservative policy document, much less read the thing.

FTFY.

I hate to be a dick about this, but maybe you should read what a party is all about before you go ahead and cast a vote for them.

“We inherited a massive backlog of asylum claims after a decade of short-sighted and damaging policies under the Harper Conservatives,” Mathieu Genest said in an email statement. “This situation has only been exacerbated by the increase in asylum seekers, which has been growing since 2013.”
So, nothing to do with Trudeau at all, then, is that right? What do you know about that.

Last edited:
No way Jose.

I don't love Trudeau but he's miles above Scheer.
I've said it over and over. Far from perfect, absolutely. Better by far than any current alternative, absolutely no fucking question.

On topic, according to some, it won't be enough to save Trudeau but it seems likely to help immensely, if help was needed.

Agreed. The mechanisms of attaining power shouldn't be meddled with by those seeking, or in, power.

As for this asshat splitting the right? Is he a secret Trudeau supporter? I have no idea how this will play out over the next 14 months.
I believe almost the entire party will remain faithful because they will be reminded over and over that Reform had to merge with the Conservatives just for both to survive. Eventually there will be only Bernier and a few ride or dies he managed to sucker, and it will just peter out.

But not before it does major damage in the lead up to the election. It will be interesting to see if he pulls more votes from the Conservatives than Singh will pull from the Liberals. I suspect it will be about even and we will end up with a slim Liberal majority or a minority. That assumes Trudeau keeps his head up his ass for the next year. If he gets smart and listens to and acts on criticism, he can easily win a majority.

CBC estimates pulled out of their asses, based on a CBC poll...

Of course they'll be saying he sky is falling for the PC's up until election day. Don't believe one goddamn thing they put out on this. Bernier will not make a dent.
We shall see. I got to be a fly on the wall for this stuff this weekend .
Bernier is a moron for doing this. He has been testing the waters on twitter, taking a more "Trump" like approach leading up to this and it made him confident in this move will attract the more Alt-Right. He had 49.5% of the vote for party leader to Scheer's 50.5%(And that kind of mirrors their policy decision voting this weekend as the Party IS truly split on certain issues). A large following and a lot of them are going with him.

If Bernier even takes 1-2% of the vote, he hurts his former party. He may take as much as 4%

So, nothing to do with Trudeau at all, then, is that right? What do you know about that.

Nothing to do with Trudeau? He is the Prime Minister. This problem may not have started under him, however, his party is in charge now and the border is his responsibility. He has had three years to do something and has only allowed things to get worse under his reign of terror.

The National Post:

Trudeau tweet caused influx of refugee inquiries, confusion within government, emails reveal

'To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada,' Trudeau wrote in Jan. 2017

When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau used Twitter to welcome refugees to Canada last winter, it prompted a spike in inquiries from would-be refugees to Canadian embassies abroad, and resulted in confusion within the federal government, newly released emails reveal.

It was widely seen as a comment on Trump’s policy. To date [April 3, 2018] the message has been retweeted over 400,000 times and liked more than 750,000 times. International commentators wondered whether Canada was announcing it would take in all those banned from entering the U.S. Some Canadian officials wondered about that too, according to records the National Post obtained through an access-to-information request.

The first secretary and “risk assessment officer” at the embassy, whose name is redacted, sent an initial message on Feb. 1, 2017, four days after the tweet.

I am seeking official guidance/response from Ottawa on how to address refugee enquiries following all the publicity around the US ban on some nationalities, and our Prime Minister’s tweet on welcoming refugees,” the email began.

We are receiving an increasing number of enquiries from the public about requesting refugee status in Canada, and a number clearly having links with our Prime Minister’s tweet this weekend. A significant number of the enquiries received since the weekend have been from nationals of the ‘US banned countries’, but we are also receiving them from all nationalities, both through emails and directly at our reception.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to do with Trudeau? He is the Prime Minister. This problem may not have started under him, but his party is in charge now and the border is his responsibility. He has had three years to do something and has only allowed things to get worse under his reign of terror.
LOL
Maybe one of these days you'll stop screeching and posting half-truths and misrepresentations, and then I'll stop treating you with complete disdain. I'm sure in with all the bullshit you post there's some actual important information. Instead, your whiny crying all the time is just sad.

He didn't precipitate the influx of people from the US. That's your boy Trump's doing. And it's not a fucking crisis LOL. So yeah, reign of terror LMAO. I just can't take you the slightest bit seriously now. You remind me of Ripskater saying Obama had an un-American last name and H. Clinton was possessed by a demon.

LOL
Maybe one of these days you'll stop screeching and posting half-truths and misrepresentations, and then I'll stop treating you with complete disdain. I'm sure in with all the bullshit you post there's some actual important information. Instead, your whiny crying all the time is just sad.

He didn't precipitate the influx of people from the US. That's your boy Trump's doing. And it's not a fucking crisis LOL. So yeah, reign of terror LMAO. I just can't take you the slightest bit seriously now. You remind me of Ripskater saying Obama had an un-American last name and H. Clinton was possessed by a demon.

The National Post:

Trudeau tweet caused influx of refugee inquiries, confusion within government, emails reveal

'To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada,' Trudeau wrote in Jan. 2017

When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau used Twitter to welcome refugees to Canada last winter, it prompted a spike in inquiries from would-be refugees to Canadian embassies abroad, and resulted in confusion within the federal government, newly released emails reveal.

It was widely seen as a comment on Trump’s policy. To date [April 3, 2018] the message has been retweeted over 400,000 times and liked more than 750,000 times. International commentators wondered whether Canada was announcing it would take in all those banned from entering the U.S. Some Canadian officials wondered about that too, according to records the National Post obtained through an access-to-information request.

The first secretary and “risk assessment officer” at the embassy, whose name is redacted, sent an initial message on Feb. 1, 2017, four days after the tweet.

I am seeking official guidance/response from Ottawa on how to address refugee enquiries following all the publicity around the US ban on some nationalities, and our Prime Minister’s tweet on welcoming refugees,” the email began.

We are receiving an increasing number of enquiries from the public about requesting refugee status in Canada, and a number clearly having links with our Prime Minister’s tweet this weekend. A significant number of the enquiries received since the weekend have been from nationals of the ‘US banned countries’, but we are also receiving them from all nationalities, both through emails and directly at our reception.”

Back