Maxim Dadashev appreciation

Yacob

Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack
@red
Reaction score
A lot of you probably saw that war last night.

Unfortunately, Dadashev has had part of his skull removed.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dadashev-undergoes-two-hour-surgery-part-skull-removed--141047

Long term prognosis still not known....but it seems like he's going to have a "long term" which is a step. Now we can only hope he can be the same friend and family member to those close to him.

Let's just appreciate this warrior. He refused to agree to quit. He truly, no bullshit, was willing to give his life in there.

Shout out to McGirt too. Might have saved the man's life.

One of the greatest most brutal displays of heart any of us will ever see.

Under observation is typically a good sign, hoping he makes a recovery

Nothing but respect for Dadashev. His body legitimately did not know how to quit. Great job by McGirt who possibly saved his life.

I feel for him and his family. He left them in Russia to make a way for them . I can imagine a portion of the conversation between husband and wife prior to leaving went something like this , “ I’ll go to America work hard and make some money , we will have a better life.” “ I won’t be gone long , I love you and this is for our future.”

Friggin make you want to cry for them. Ugh

Boxing is and has never been a game. One punch can change a man and his family’s life.

Edit. I was kinda frustrated w McGirt last night for not letting the kid try to finish. My assessment was way wrong. As has been said, he probably saved the kids life.

It is sooo weird in that most of the punishment he took was to the body. I don’t recall more than a couple heavy shot to the head until the 11th.

Last edited:
Amen. McGirt with the good eye, able to see something in his fighter he did not like. Kudos to him. No way he survived if he went out for the 12th. Of course, no way to know, but if they have to remove part of your skull to relieve the swelling, a handful more head shots would have sealed the deal, I think. So sad. I hope he can recover and live a normal life.

Dadashev Undergoes Two Hour Surgery, Part of Skull Removed
Updated at 05:21 AM EDT
https://www.boxingscene.com/dadashev-undergoes-two-hour-surgery-part-skull-removed--141047

At The Theater at MGM National Harbor in Maryland, Subriel Matias (14-0, 14 KOs) used a hellacious body attack to stop Maxim Dadashev following the 11th round of an IBF junior welterweight world title eliminator.

At the time of the stoppage, Matias led comfortably by scores of 109-100, 108-101 and 107-102. He is now the top contender for the world title belt held by Scottish superstar Josh Taylor.

After the fight, Dadashev was taken to a local hospital, and he underwent brain surgery.

matias-dadashev.jpg

Dadashev became ill as he left the ring and was barely able to walk to the back, with several team members assisting him. He began to vomit as paramedics placed him on a stretcher and he was transported via ambulance.

During the ambulance ride, Dadashev lost consciousness. It was revealed at the hospital, that there was a lot of swelling to his brain.

According to veteran scribe Steve Kim, Dadashev went through a two hour surgery for a subdural hematoma. A part of his skull was removed to bring down the swelling. At the moment he's under observation in the recovery area, but the long term prognosis is not known.

Anybody with new info please keep us updated

Enough is enough but how do you gauge or predict something like this??

Was Max showing symptoms days prior?

He passed the physical exam but its the small things trainers should look out for

Anyway, prayers to him and his family and also Matias, just when PR had a potential superstar, events like this also affect the opponents as well.

Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after loss
Steve KimESPN2:43 PM ET4 Minute Read
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/27225273/dadashev-undergoes-brain-surgery-loss

Kellerman emphasizes Dadashev in a 'serious situation'
Max Kellerman recognizes the severity of Maxim Dadashev's condition after he was taken off on a stretcher.

Previously undefeated Maxim Dadashev was taken to a hospital following his 11th-round loss to Subriel Matias on Friday night and underwent surgery because of brain swelling.

After trainer Buddy McGirt threw in the towel after Round 11 of the IBF 140-pound eliminator, Dadashev needed assistance leaving the ring. He left the arena on a stretcher and was taken to UM Prince George's Hospital Center.

Dadashev remains in the critical care unit following a two-hour surgery to relieve a subdural hematoma, or bleeding of the brain.

"Right now, he's in critical condition, but the doctor told me that he's stable," Dadashev's strength and conditioning coach Donatas Janusevicius, who visited with the fighter on Saturday afternoon, told ESPN. "We know that the bleeding has stopped. Also, the swelling has stopped. So some positive news, and we hope and pray for the best."

Early Saturday morning, neurosurgeon Mary IH Cobb told Dadashev's manager, Egis Klimas, and Janusevicius that the boxer had suffered a brain bleed on his right side, that his head was shaved and his scalp opened up, and that he was showing signs of severe brain damage. He had been given medication to decrease swelling.

"He will swell over the next few days," Cobb said. "I don't know how much brain damage he has."

Cobb added that some who sustain subdural hematomas can make a relatively strong recovery.

"I wouldn't give up on him," she said.

Janusevicius is currently the direct point of contact for the Russian boxer, as his wife will not arrive in the States until Tuesday evening.

Dadashev vomited before he could reach his dressing room. An EMT was called in, and Dadashev was taken off on a stretcher.

It was a tough, grinding fight. Every round was hard for Dadashev, who was backing up for much of the fight, attempting to box yet still getting hit with a multitude of hard, heavy shots from Matias.

"We knew he was a puncher," Klimas said of Matias. "He fought, and he was tough. He put a lot of pressure on Max, and he was going back and back and back and back, but he was fighting back. Even in the ninth round, he kind of shook Matias for the first time in the fight."

Klimas added: "It never looked like Max was, like, shook down, or he was already, like, going down. I never saw that."

But still, Klimas believed Dadashev, who was well behind on points, had had enough and was going to ask McGirt to stop the fight.

"I didn't want him to go in the 12th round either," Klimas said.

For Klimas, there is a tragic juxtaposition to all this. In December, Adonis Stevenson suffered similar injuries in his bout with Oleksandr Gvozdyk, who is handled by Klimas. Stevenson, who was in a coma for a few weeks after that bout, has made a rather remarkable recovery and is beginning the process of walking and functioning as normally as possible.

"Hopefully it can be like Stevenson's recovery," Klimas said.

As the rounds mounted, Matias steadily piled up punches in his favor, outworking Dadashev and pounding the body consistently. In the later rounds, either because of exhaustion or desperation, Dadashev began to sit inside the pocket and fight with Matias. While he had some success, he was overwhelmed by Matias, whose punches had more effect.

The scores at the time of the stoppage were 109-100, 108-101 and 107-102 in favor of Matias. According to CompuBox, Matias outlanded Dadashev 319-157; 112 of Matias' punches were body shots.

"First of all, I'm very grateful for this opportunity," Matias said. "I showed that I am not just a power puncher. I also can box. I was dominating the fight. I focused my offense on going to the body, and that's how I stopped him from running."

But his fallen foe also was on his mind.

"I hope that Maxim is all right," Matias said. "He is a great fighter and a warrior."

Enough is enough but how do you gauge or predict something like this??

Was Max showing symptoms days prior?

He passed the physical exam but its the small things trainers should look out for

Anyway, prayers to him and his family and also Matias, just when PR had a potential superstar, events like this also affect the opponents as well.

Life is full of risk and boxing’s cup is running over with it. I’m not sure one can.

I was wondering about him coming into the fight with an existing challenge from camp, or maybe a previously undiagnosed defect.
He just didn’t take much to head comparatively.

Yes sir!!

Life is full of risk and boxing’s cup is running over with it. I’m not sure one can.

I was wondering about him coming into the fight with an existing challenge from camp, or maybe a previously undiagnosed defect.
He just didn’t take much to head comparatively.

Yes sir!!
I was following the pbp thread here and read the report, he sustained vicious body attacks through out the fight, at least thats what I read

This was a championship eliminator so you know both were going to leave it all in training and fight night, moving up in weight? people have to understand these type of fighters are up and coming prize fighters with no real promoter, they build their ranks in the division theyre in and in hopes to sign with a big promoter, (Matias should have gotten an offer from TR by now) and moving up in weight could mean starting from scratch if they dont have the right promoter.

Last edited:
I was following the pbp thread here and read the report, he sustained vicious body attacks through out the fight, at least thats what I read.

Yep. The majority of the clean shots were to the body, that what’s so weird about it. If I had to guess he had a preexisting condition like a weak vessel wall or something. That’s the thing about it one punch can do it.

Credit to @DoopidyDawesome, just keeping all the info in one place today, if possible. It sounds really bad. Like Adonis bad. I hope I'm wrong and he pulls out of this better off than Stevenson did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...duced-coma-after-brain-surgery-boxing-injury/

Boxing/MMA
Russian boxer is in medically induced coma after brain surgery
5BIMDLHO4FAHZDMM2PZI2AN6PM.jpg

Gene Wang
July 20 at 3:42 PM
Boxer Maxim Dadashev remained in a medically induced coma Saturday at Prince George’s Hospital Center following surgery for severe head trauma suffered Friday night in a bout at the Theater at MGM National Harbor.

The Russian-born lightweight underwent surgery for a subdural hematoma, the gruesome aftermath of a 140-pound world title eliminator against Subriel Matias. Dadashev, 28, had absorbed repeated violent blows to the head before trainer Buddy McGirt stopped the fight following the 11th round.

Neurosurgeon Mary I.H. Cobb performed the surgery, in which a section of Dadashev’s skull was removed to relieve swelling on the brain. There was extensive bleeding as well, she told Dadashev’s manager, Egis Klimas, and strength and conditioning coach, Donatas Janusevicius. Next, Cobb said, it was a matter of seeing how Dadashev responded to the surgery and medication intended to help relieve additional swelling and what, if any, brain damage had occurred.

Dadashev absorbed heavy punishment during the 10th and 11th rounds of his International Boxing Federation fight, the co-main event on Friday’s card with another IBF world title eliminator matching undefeated lightweights Teofimo Lopez and Masayoshi Nakatani.

Matias, Dadashev’s opponent, landed repeated shots to the body with combinations. Dadashev, who like Matias entered the fight with a 13-0 record, labored to counter with much of anything over the latter part of the fight, instead covering up with Matias stalking him.

“We knew [Matias] was a puncher,” Klimas said. “He fought, and he was tough. He put a lot of pressure on Max, and [Dadashev] was going back and back and back and back, but he was fighting back.”

Dadashev managed to land a right in the ninth round that appeared to stun Matias but without lasting impact.

After the bell sounded at the conclusion of the 11th, Dadashev plopped down on the stool in his corner surrounded by McGirt, Janusevicius and others on his training team.

Referee Kenny Chevalier moved in the direction of Dadashev’s corner to check on the status of the fighter for the next round, at which point McGirt informed Chevalier he was going to stop the bout. Chevalier waved his hands signaling the stoppage, and Matias began to celebrate.

“He had one hell of a fight,” McGirt said of Dadashev. “Tough fight, tough fight; took a lot of tough body shots. I just think it was time to stop it. He was getting hit with too many shots. I said to him, ‘I’m stopping it.’ He said, ‘No, don’t.’"

Dadashev attempted to walk to his dressing room but collapsed in an aisle by floor seating surrounding the ring. Emergency medical technicians immediately attended to Dadashev, placing him on a stretcher for transportation to the hospital. He then began vomiting.

Dadashev will remain in the hospital for at least several days, according to Cobb, although a stay of several months also wasn’t out of the question. Cobb added that some patients who have undergone similar surgeries have made relatively strong recoveries.

“I wouldn’t give up on him,” she told Klimas and Janusevicius.

Dadashev’s wife was traveling to the Washington area from Russia and was expected to arrive Saturday afternoon.

Klimas and Janusevicius were preparing to leave the hospital around 3 a.m. when they witnessed medical staff wheeling Dadashev out of surgery and to his room in the critical care recovery ward, a secure area of the hospital.

This is really sad. I've followed Dadashev's career for a little while now. I really don't know what else to say.

even if he makes a 100% recovery and is better than ever there is no way he is allowed to box again.

Shame. Very sad to see live. I knew he was badly hurt (once he started presenting and puking). Again, so glad McGirt stopped it when he did.

RIP. Fucking awful.

Rip.. stuff like this makes me really rethink my love for the sport. The uneasy feeling always goes away though and the horrible realities of how brutal this sport is are forgotten within a few weeks. Sad cycle

Back