Maxim Dadashev, 28, Dies From Brain Damage Suffered In TKO Loss R.I.P

This is sad news. I watched the fight and you could tell something was off with him, it reminded me of the Adonis stevenson fight. Adonis was lucky to survive, but Max started throwing up and he could barely walk. What baffles me is at these boxing events they have no trauma unit on hand they know stuff like this happens they should have some emergency room right at the venue to rush them their right away It took them like an hour just to get him to the hospital wtf? I heard he was just waiting in the dressing room and then it took like 30 minutes on ambulance he passed out and lost consciousness during the drive to the hospital

He was only 28 so young. R.i.P Max

+ 1 for the quick stoppages
all the retards who were crying about the aspen ladd fight saying they would rather late stoppages than early should be ashamed of themselves. late stoppages could resulting in someone getting killed.

Well, I mean Hooker is still alive and just won his very next fight a few months later. This guy on the other hand not so much... I'd say it's boxing the one that needs to do some changing over there in the way they do things. MMA is fine, nobody dies in the UFC
MMA corners never know when to call it a night. Boxing corners take the initiative... If it's ever really bad.

Terrible for all involved. Thoughts go out to his friends and loved ones.

RIP. I hope he has a peaceful rest. I cannot imagine how his family must be feeling; having a child that will never get to know his father. Heartbreaking.

all the retards who were crying about the aspen ladd fight saying they would rather late stoppages than early should be ashamed of themselves. late stoppages could resulting in someone getting killed.
Aspen wasn't going to die if they fight had gone a few seconds more, retard. You didn't watch this fight if you are saying that dumb shit. It wasn't a knockout, that's not how it works. He could never get hit as many times as he did there in a MMA fight with 4oz gloves, 25 minutes and wrestling/grappling. Nobody has ever died in the UFC. Boxers are constantly dying, it's a different sport.

The accumulation of punches to the head on a deshydrated body is what leads to swelling in the brain which eventually causes these deaths. The MMA fights are not as long as boxing fights to produce that much dehydration and 4oz gloves with ground and pound TKOs simply won't allow the brain to take that many punches without the fight being stopped earlier. MMA looks more brutal... but it is actually safer.

When I saw the legs give in and then the vomiting I thought it was really bad and possibly we were watching a man dying ... :( ... truly awful ... my thoughts are with his family and team.

Whilst dangerous sports - such as boxing - will never be completely safe, I think there are several things which could be done to improve the odds of not sustaining a lethal injury or at least surviving it.

1) a trauma unit on site or only allow venues which must be within a 5 km radius (a few minutes in an ambulance) of a hospital with neurosurgeons on duty

2) reduce rounds to ten for championship fights and eight for all other bouts

3) three knockdowns even across multiple rounds and the fight is called off

4) three consecutive 10-8 rounds and the fight is called off

Last edited:
Damn. Learning about this earlier this morning brought me back to the first ring fatality that I witnessed when I was a kid back in 1980. That was when Lupe Pintor KO'd Johnny Owen in LA. Since then, I've seen at least a dozen more plus another dozen near fatalities in which fighters were severely injured. Including my good friend, lightweight contender Ralph Racine who was stopped in the 12th & final round by Gaeton Hart in a battle for Hart's Canadian lightweight title. I was a sparring partner for Ralph for that fight & I'll never forget sitting at ringside while the final sickening blows landed which put him into a coma. He suffered a traumatic brain injury but eventually recovered though he lost a lot of his memories & spoke very slowly for the rest of his life.
Seeing that up close & personal was a crossroads for many of us in Ralph's corner that night. We had to make a choice whether we wanted to continue on in the sport after that & while Ralph's brother, Peter chose to never fight again ( in fact, to my knowledge, he never even watched another fight on television ) I chose to keep fighting & never lost my love for the game. It was in my blood & no matter what the risks I was compelled to keep going. And, for whatever it was worth, I dedicated the rest of my career to him.
reminds me what a dangerous sport it is, that we love.

Man, combat sports are no fucking joke.

As fans its so easy to get desensitised and abstract the results of fights. One you become an experienced fan you start to become obsessed with strategy and rankings. It's easy to forget the reality of what we're watching. We just think of them as "KOs", not "getting hit so hard that your brain hits your skull and gets completely switched off".

There are plenty of people who will never take a much head damage in their entire life, as a fighter will in one fight.

Shit is insane.

sad to hear that another fighter passes due to head trauma from the fight.

This guy had 13 wins, 1 loss and 11 ko victories out of the 13. He didn't seem to have a lot of pro fights and didn't take lots of damage during those previous fights.

However just goes to show you that repeated strikes to head even in just one fight can cause severe health risks or death, look at adonis stevenson he's fortunate to be alive and was in an induced coma, he'll never bee 100% again but if you see how he was prior and now after, you have to realize that all it takes is one bad fight getting hit way too many times.

The issue is when the physical signs start to show it's usually too late, the damage has already been done, there's no way for the team to know if your brain has had enough or is damaged in any way, once the physical signs show like disorientation,getting ko'd and being out for a long time, not defending taking repeated punches to the head, not making any sense or aware of what's going on around you, these are all physical and visual but internally even fighters don't know when to quit until it's too late.

The system isn't perfect but as of right now it comes down to choice, and risk. If you choose to do this as your career you have to know there's huge risk involved in terms of your health/safety.

You can have a long career taking lots of punches over time and be fine when you retire, or you can get ko'd and be brain damaged, die, or be fine after retirement but later develop some other type of mental disorder. Whether I like a fighter or not I never wish bad health or injuries to anyone, as a fan you always hope they recover and stay in good health in the future.

He was heartbroken to be pulled out and then this, too much.

Makes me sick to my stomach reminds me of the Magomed Abdusalamov Gergald Mcclellan and Prichard Colon tragedies. This is disgusting and is a reminder of the sheer brutality that boxing is capable of it's not a game this is a life or death battle every time you go in that ring you risk your life and Maxim had too much heart for his own good that can be your own worst enemy. He died a warriors death another boxing fight with tragic consequences.

Aspen wasn't going to die if they fight had gone a few seconds more, retard. You didn't watch this fight if you are saying that dumb shit. It wasn't a knockout, that's not how it works. He could never get hit as many times as he did there in a MMA fight with 4oz gloves, 25 minutes and wrestling/grappling. Nobody has ever died in the UFC. Boxers are constantly dying, it's a different sport.

The accumulation of punches to the head on a deshydrated body is what leads to swelling in the brain which eventually causes these deaths. The MMA fights are not as long as boxing fights to produce that much dehydration and 4oz gloves with ground and pound TKOs simply won't allow the brain to take that many punches without the fight being stopped earlier. MMA looks more brutal... but it is actually safer.
the video is showing a powerlifting russian champion 250+ lbs dying from a simple headkick and 4-5 punches on the ground. literally all it take. there was no dehydration, no long fight nothing.

You dumb dumb stupid moronic kid. any type of damage can cause permanent injuries or death. it could be the first punch in a fight even though its unlikely... theyre not baking cakes. theyre beating the fk out of each other senseless literally. claiming extra punches and late stoppages in MMA are harmless is beyond stupid and shows your lack of brain cells.

point being you dont wanna be the retard that allows someone to take extra shots or cause a late stoppage.. one of those days no matter how unlikely it is, someone is getting fked up for real.
If you have a conscience you would not risk putting yourself in such situation.

If you fold a pillow in half and spin it around you could. I hand to god knocked several kids unconscious in “pillow boxing” as a kid.
My
Technique was spectacular. I could knock an adult out today with one.
yellow card gang repping in here

You dumb dumb stupid moronic kid.....

.... is beyond stupid and shows your lack of brain cells.

point being you dont wanna be the retard that ....

LMAO Look at this kid so triggered and angry. Listen here, dumb fuck. That is a street fight, where the guy died because the back of his head hit the concrete while falling. Why do you think it's an illegal strike in both MMA and boxing? That happens all the time in street fights, that's the danger of fighting in concrete. If you cannot understand that, you should shut the fuck up dummy.

MMA fighters don't fight on concrete, that's why slams are not killing anyone. That's why nobody have died in UFC. Aspen's head didn't hit concrete when she fell, retard. And the boxer that died, was for a completely different reason that I already explained to you in my previous post and won't do again here. If you can't see the difference between these 2 situations because you are a retard, then that's your problem. If combat sports scare you so much, then watch soccer or golf, kiddo.

Back