Max 'Zero head movement' Holloway

Roids

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Honestly how can a pro fighter have zero head movement and take shot after shot like that in the first round? Just over and over, Ive seen heavy bags with better movement than that. No idea how he survived round 1 but that shit is dangerous. move your damn head.

Some notes. Max has zero power in this division, he style does not work. He is a warrior but needs to stick to 145. Took some dangerous damage this fight. Awful 'defense' for a pro fighter. Conor would sleep him in Rnd 1. Dustin is tough but very meat and potatoes type of fighter imo. Not elite.

His supposedly great boxing sure was overhyped. His defense was horrible.

yes that volume shit with no power is bad for this division sry to say. You can clearly see the size difference between them also, very visible

For sure, had some punches, but it was his defense, cant win if you dont defend first, his place is at 145, too bad that Poirier was so much more powerful than him.

Poirier did what Aldo have not in their first fight.
Aldo was beating Max hard all the fight, but gassed hard and Holloway caught him.
In the third round of Poirier vs Holloway I thought it would be the same, as it seemed to me that Dustin gassed pretty bad. But he recovered and got the win.

Incredible chin though. Poor guy is guaranteed to get horrible CTE the way he fights. That whole talk about pound for pound & "i'll fight at 170, 185, 205"- dude, please don't do that, your kid needs a father, not a vegetable.

To be the best, ya gotta beat the best.

and the best is DDP baby!

Aldo was beating Max hard all the fight, but gassed hard and Holloway caught him.
In the third round of Poirier vs Holloway I thought it would be the same, as it seemed to me that Dustin gassed pretty bad. But he recovered and got the win.

Holloway's style relies on chin & cardio. I thought the same as you in the third. Aldo has always been known to fade in the third, so Holloway is no good for him. He should play point game against Holloway. In fact, no one should try to knock Holloway out. Waste of energy. Wrestle him and jab him.

For real. His defense was complete trash tonight.

He was always like that, though. Moving up is hard when a division is super stacked with savages.

Read my mind with this post lol. Jose just didn’t have the cardio to compete with Max.

Holloway's style relies on chin & cardio. I thought the same as you in the third. Aldo has always been known to fade in the third, so Holloway is no good for him. He should play point game against Holloway. In fact, no one should try to knock Holloway out. Waste of energy. Wrestle him and jab him.
Agree. Probably some guys from 155 can knock him out, but certainly not 145ers.

Incredible chin though. Poor guy is guaranteed to get horrible CTE the way he fights. That whole talk about pound for pound & "i'll fight at 170, 185, 205"- dude, please don't do that, your kid needs a father, not a vegetable.

ye shockingly good chin but the damage he took was legit scary, literally out on his feet for most of rn1 one.

His defense was always horrible. But he usually overhelms opponents. Not gonna look pretty at senior age.

This is MMA. A tiny hint of head movement is enough for us to anoint a fighter the next big thing. It’s not his game. His game is perserverence and volume. It’s money at FW. It fell a bit short at LW

Clearly have never seen Max fight before. He never had excellent head movement. His defense was predicated on footwork and distance management. But he was always there to be hit if you watch the Aldo and Ortega fights. The difference was Dustin had long arms and throws straight punches compared to the looping hooks of Aldo/Ortega. He was able to hurt Max early and max kind of never got his rhythm until the damage was done

Last edited by a moderator:
Back