Max Schmeling 2010 Movie Trailer

McMurder

Blue Belt
Reaction score
***no english subtitles***

yankees_M6_img_13.jpg

Looked promising, until I realized that it was directed by Uwe motherfucking Bol.

Who is that? the German M. Night Shyamalan?

He's responsible for a ton of shitty film adaptations of video games like Blood Rayne, Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, and a bunch of other shitfests that'll make you want to scrub your eyeballs with corrosive chemicals and steel wool. I generally hope that it'll be handled properly, like Schindler's List but with boxing, but I highly doubt it.

On a funny side note, back in like 2006, he did challenge a few of his keyboard warrior critics to boxing matches, and I think he beat the shit out of all of them.

He's responsible for a ton of shitty film adaptations of video games like Blood Rayne, Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, and a bunch of other shitfests that'll make you want to scrub your eyeballs with corrosive chemicals and steel wool. I generally hope that it'll be handled properly, like Schindler's List but with boxing, but I highly doubt it.

On a funny side note, back in like 2006, he did challenge a few of his keyboard warrior critics to boxing matches, and I think he beat the shit out of all of them.

yeah, thats a terrible resume.

Fuck uwe boll the worst fucking director ever.

Jlagman you ever read up on how this guy is able to keep making horrible movies that never make any money? Look on his wiki its a weird law where he just writes it off on his taxes since he owns another company.

where the hell is spike lee's joe louis movie?

I remember this. He basically told them it would be for charity and would be a bit of fun. He also made sure to only invite small guys. Then he beat the ever-loving shit out of all these nerdy kids and web masters and went on to proclaim that he had proven the quality of his movies.

His films are bad. Not "so bad it's good", just plain bad. So bad that you wonder how he gets funding (until you realise they're exploiting smoe German tax loophole)

Like i said before, a legend like Schmeling deserves better than a movie directed by Uwe motherfuckin Boll and played by Henry "Dead people have more charisma than me" Maske

I've seen a couple of posters in train stations advertising this movie. I was looking at one poster, interested in possibly seeing it, until the guy next to me told me it would be shit because the director is shit. I didn't know what he was talking about until I read this thread.

Looks great! Max Shmeling has an interesting story in a very interesting time. His wife was a Nazi supporter and Max wasn't. He had all this pressure on him to be the rep of Nazi Germany when fighting Joe Louis. I wonder if the movie will show both their first fight and the rematch?

On a related note, I'd like to see more high quality films about boxers.

We've already seen that boxing translates well to the big screen.

i remember uwe showing interest to direct the warcraft movie. i could almost hear the collective "NO!".

i remember uwe showing interest to direct the warcraft movie. i could almost hear the collective "NO!".

Blizzard turn his ass down so fast. They have standards.

On a side note I think blizzard should do there own movie. Make it like FF7 advent children. Blizzards cut scenes are amazing, dont see why there movie wouldnt be.

micky ward movie looks twenty times better than this.....speaking of boxing on screen....well the silver screen, FX has a new show coming out about some heavyweight contender making a comeback or something like that. It's called Lights Out. FX has put out some amazing shows so I don't think it will dissapoint.

Looks kinda cheesy but I will give it a shot. There was a Primo Carnera film that came out a few years ago.

Yoan Pablo Hern

where the hell is spike lee's joe louis movie?
I've been wondering this myself. I saw Lee speak at my college campus back in early 2005. He mentioned the Joe Louis movie, and said he wanted Vin Diesel to play him! :eek:

Back