Max puts Waldo on blast after his accusations

Max too scared to tag aldo in the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Max call out Aldo then pussy out after Aldo called his bluff?

Aldo is becoming more and more of a joke anyway IMO
They all are, imo. The whole way this shit is promoted now, and the way fights are made now, is a joke.

The reason Max looks stupid is because of his whole Waldo call out. If he didn't do that I doubt there would be as much backlash, since it's totally valid to pull out of life changing fights when you can't train optimally imo.

Max Holiday ate his words after calling Aldo out for 208.

He should probably just shut up now, he's making himself look bad.
He found out - after the fact - that he is injured and not to train for 4 to 6 weeks... Is that unreasonable? That doesn't diminish Max in my eyes or make him 'look bad' unless he is overstating the severity of the injury, which is unknown to us (AFAIK).

Holloway had a severely swollen ankle the morning after the Pettis fight. He was told by doctors he couldn't train 4-6 weeks and had to pull out of the Feb 11th fight.

"..This mother (expletive) is the last guy that should be talking about injuries and being able to fight,” Holloway said. “He wants to talk about he never turned down an opponent in his life and he don’t pick his opponents. I can clearly — he said this, not me — he got offered to fight me. He got offered to fight me at (UFC) 205 and 206 and he would not fight me. He said he would rather fight Anthony Pettis and then he didn’t take that fight either. He’s saying ‘I don’t turn down fights’ — go ask Sean Shelby if Max Holloway ever turned down a fight. I never turned down a fight in my life.

“This guy turns down a fight and he’s blaming his coach? Come on, get out of here. My coach didn’t want me to fight on Feb. 11 but I’m going to do what I’m going to do. I love my coaches but at the end of the day I need to get in there and do the damn thing and they respect that. Feb. 11 I wanted to fight, and then I go to the doctors and I have an injury. It would dumb of me to take a fight with Jose Aldo and I can’t train four to six weeks. This guy is seriously gone in his head. I fought 10 times in the last three years. How many times did he fight? Let’s compare

“He says he never turned down a fight — you never showed up to six of the fights,” Holloway said. “Great you never turned down a fight, now show up to the damn things. You pulled out of six fights. I don’t know he prides himself on ‘I never turned down a fight’ but then didn’t show up for six fights. Get out of here with that talk."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...aldo-explains-hes-not-fighting-ufc-208-122116

owned

A lot of potential FOTY candidates are getting scrapped over contract disputes. At some point, guys and girls have to figure out their worth, sign a contract, and live up to it.

They have the right to turn down fights built into their contracts.

He found out - after the fact - that he is injured and not to train for 4 to 6 weeks... Is that unreasonable? That doesn't diminish Max in my eyes or make him 'look bad' unless he is overstating the severity of the injury, which is unknown to us (AFAIK).

That's unfortunate he got hurt... but I guess he shouldn't have talked shit about Aldo pulling out due to injury and called him Jose Waldo lmao. Now he's in that position himself and he's whining about being made fun of.

Max's hashtag game is on point though so he has that going for him.

How did Max ask for it when before Max beat Pettis Aldo said he was fighting the winner on Feb 11th?

He literally called Aldo out in the post fight interview, in his own words "February in Brooklyn, Waldo, let's make it happen, blah blah blah". He backtracked on that pretty fucking quick.

God I'm so tired of this schoolyard beef between fighters. Stfu and fight.

Aldo accepted the date prior to Runaway/Pettis (as allegedly confirmed by the little mermaid). Max then said he didn't want to commit to a camp over the holidays and his sons birthday because of Aldo's injury history. Again, Ariel verified Aldo's claims. Wants the Aldo fight until he gets it. Is normal.

He literally called Aldo out in the post fight interview, in his own words "February in Brooklyn, Waldo, let's make it happen, blah blah blah". He backtracked on that pretty fucking quick.
Yes. Aldo chose the date. Max agreed to it. He was stupid to do it. He is not cleared to fight, so either way 208 is too soon.

Or are you wanting Aldo to fight an injured Max who can't train rather than a healthy Max?

Max just fought and has an injury so can't train for 6 weeks. Feb. was what Aldo wanted to fight a unprepared Max.

Source? Because ALL the information from several different parties, including Max, say the UFC wanted this fight in February.

Yes. Aldo chose the date. Max agreed to it. He was stupid to do it. He is not cleared to fight, so either way 208 is too soon.

Or are you wanting Aldo to fight an injured Max who can't train rather than a healthy Max?

Bullshit.

Max should really be quiet. He's the one who can't fight on a date that he himself asked to fight on. No matter how he spins it, and no matter how much he tries to misdirect the narrative, he is the one who is at fault here; he is the one delaying a title unification fight. He shouldn't bitch about a guys injuries when he's the one who is Injured and turning down fights that he specifically asked for.

I cant wait till Max beats aldo's ass down, dis gonna be good

Back