Max Looked Small at 155

Poirier is not even a big 155'er and he looked noticeably bigger, stronger and more powerful than Max out there.

I know Max gets labelled as a massive 145'er (which is def true) but he hasn't missed weight, and he may just be a tweener of some sort (like Conor) who would thrive best at 150.

His physical strength vs Khabib would not hold up even one bit. Hell Poirier probably won't.

Yes he is.

He'd bully RDA.

talk about exagerations... Is this the new 3x his size?
CelebratedEnviousHarrier-size_restricted.gif

This size rubbish is getting out of hand. They both looked like normal, evenly sized lightweights in there. Neither had some crazy size advantage, in fact, hardly any of the fights or fighters that people rave about have size advantages like people pretend.

Gastelum Adesanya was a size advantage, this fight had none.

I did think he would look bigger. I mean, for a guy who claims to get up to 180+ lbs, he couldn't have weighed more than 160 in there. Looked 10 lbs lighter than Poirier. Looked like the same guy who fought at 145. With D.C, Conor, & Nunes you could tell they really beefed up. Notthe case here.

I'm calling B.S. on the 180 lbs shit. Also, both these dudes must be using EPO because that pace was insane.

But according to Aldo fans he was a giant at FW....likely just wishful thinking.

This size rubbish is getting out of hand. They both looked like normal, evenly sized lightweights in there. Neither had some crazy size advantage, in fact, hardly any of the fights or fighters that people rave about have size advantages like people pretend.

Gastelum Adesanya was a size advantage, this fight had none.

This. Plus it’s not like Dustin used his physical size and power advantage in the fight by grappling/wrestling. The fight was 99% standing striking battle. I thought Max was going to win but Poirier outclassed him with skill not size.

Was his first fight at lw. He’s not going to balloon up only to come back down to defend his strap.

He will pack on mass gradually

he's a good fighter. but obviously the size advantage helps at 145.

Not a Poirier clearly much wider back & torso, and has decent pecs whereas Max still had a bird-chest like he does at 145.

I don’t care for Poirier at all but having a wider back, torso and pecs didn’t help him beat Max. You don’t win striking matches with a more “muscular build”. I wanted Max to win but he got outclassed tonight not outsized. Props to Dustin... he was more durable and had better cardio than I expected.

Max didnt have time to really grow into the division, instead of gaining 10lbs of muscle it looked like he just cut 10 less pounds of water weight and was the same size as when he fights at 145.

It doesn't work like that though, yes Max is huge for 145lb but when moving up a weight class you done just build dense muscle over night. He's had to keep his size down for 145 so given time he'd fill out better for the 155lb weight division. He certainly wouldn't want to balloon up and destroy his cardio.

That's true but he couldn't make 155 to fight Khabib late notice, I can't really work out what that means but it confirms he's walking about well over 155 between fights.
He did look noticeably smaller than Poirier but like they were saying, he hasn't put weight and moved up he just cut less to make 155 for one fight. If he can still make 145 he should probably go back and put on 10 lb of muscle if he's going to try 155 again.

max was rehabbing an injury and wss unable to train when he received the call to fight khabib. Of course he was heavy-- he was eating vacation food while unable to train.

The fuck Tony Ferguson got the same frame probably skinnier

Back