Max Kellerman says "Zero % chance Floyd Beats Rousey in an MMA Match"

tumblr_inline_mm8xa6yLsC1qz4rgp.gif

For the love of god.

Stop just stop with this argument.

lets be real now floyd has 100 million dollars he would hired the best judo coaches in the world to help him him prepare. With 3 months to prepare he would knock ronda out if bethe can land a punch on ronda floyd can

this... although im gonna with 6 months of judo training....based on what we've seen though ronda likes to block punches with her face so he may not even need any judo training

I think 2005 Floyd drops Ronda for sure.

The past few years hes been physically weaker and slower

Lol @ Max Kellerman trying to be "that guy" again. The guy is probably one of the most ignorant people to ever cover sports. He will say anything to get attention.

For the MMA community thats not familiar with him, you're really in for a treat if this guy decides to start to cover MMA more frequently.

Just how absurd is this guy? He makes Kevin Iole look like a genius.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

max-kellerman.jpg

ZERO PERCENT!?

That's asinine... For everything Floyd lacks in grappling, jiu jitsu etc, he's still the definition of Elite in one discipline of MMA... boxing / striking.

There's even precedent of a Boxer KO'ing a UFC champion rather embarrassingly... Tim Sylvia vs 50 year old Ray Mercer. Even in the Couture vs Toney fight... Couture was so scared of Toney's hands... he took the lowest single leg dive I've ever seen and then worked toward a submission. But that's still man vs man.

Floyd is a top athlete. He would be the taller, heavier, faster, stronger fighter. He would be in 4 oz gloves, and the fight starts standing. Rousey may be an excellent judoka / arm bar practicioner but she is not an amazing wrestler... She has not shown an ability to shoot singles or nail power doubles and Floyd would only have to utilize his excellent movement and that sublime jab to prevent her from closing distance into the clinch.

If Rousey were to get a take down and gain dominant position, ok, fine... she probably could win, but literally every moment before that happens, she's at a MASSIVE disadvantage. And there are many examples of strikers lasting long enough to blast submission speciaists long before they ever get a chance to take it to the ground.

If Rousey took anything close to the approach she did against Corriea... she's knocked unconcious inside the first minute. While I'd give Rousey a chance to win if she secured a takedown... I'd favor Floyd more times than not... and if Floyd is given a couple months to train basic takedown defense, it's not even close.

I take Floyd as the favourite in this fantasy-never-gonna-happen-so-really-we're-all-just-talking-out-of-our-asses match.

But I give Ronda a legit shot... and one of the reasons I give Ronda a legit shot is because Floyd, when it comes to it, isn't particularly difficult to find yourself clinching with.

When sherdoggers talk about him using his superior movement to pick her apart from the outside and prevent her from closing the distance I always wonder if they've ever actually watched Floyd fight.

Floyd does not have great power. He is accurate but not KO power. The myth that boxers are KO artist is absurd. It would probably look like when he stopped Manfreddy. Youtube it

Listen dude he's fighting other men his size and sometimes bigger, like Canelo.

I love MMA over boxing and think Ronda is phenomenal fighter - but let's get real, if he tags her with any clean shot, she is going down and not getting up.

Ronda gets hit by C level female athletes that couldn't punch a hole in a wet paper bag before she can clinch up and take them down, PBF would send her face planting into the canvas as she rushes forward to recklessly force a clinch.

if miesha can do this imagine floyd with MMA GLOVES on for godsakes
mieshatate6.jpg

LOL. nope.

Miesha can clinch and grapple. Floyd can't.

Floyd has no clue about grappling.

Imagine what Floyd would do when he can't stop a judo throw and has Ronda on top of him.

Floyd's a joke in real fighting. Boxing isn't real fighting.

Ronda by scissor leg takedown into heelhook in the first 30 seconds. Floyd has no chance.

ZERO PERCENT!?

That's asinine... For everything Floyd lacks in grappling, jiu jitsu etc, he's still the definition of Elite in one discipline of MMA... boxing / striking.

There's even precedent of a Boxer KO'ing a UFC champion rather embarrassingly... Tim Sylvia vs 50 year old Ray Mercer. Even in the Couture vs Toney fight... Couture was so scared of Toney's hands... he took the lowest single leg dive I've ever seen and then worked toward a submission. But that's still man vs man.

Floyd is a top athlete. He would be the taller, heavier, faster, stronger fighter. He would be in 4 oz gloves, and the fight starts standing. Rousey may be an excellent judoka / arm bar practicioner but she is not an amazing wrestler... She has not shown an ability to shoot singles or nail power doubles and Floyd would only have to utilize his excellent movement and that sublime jab to prevent her from closing distance into the clinch.

If Rousey were to get a take down and gain dominant position, ok, fine... she probably could win, but literally every moment before that happens, she's at a MASSIVE disadvantage. And there are many examples of strikers lasting long enough to blast submission speciaists long before they ever get a chance to take it to the ground.

If Rousey took anything close to the approach she did against Corriea... she's knocked unconcious inside the first minute. While I'd give Rousey a chance to win if she secured a takedown... I'd favor Floyd more times than not... and if Floyd is given a couple months to train basic takedown defense, it's not even close.

tumblr_inline_mm8xa6yLsC1qz4rgp.gif

For the love of god.

Stop just stop with this argument.

^This

The weekly "Rousey could beat XYZ male sports star" has reached critical mass.

One more article and the universe is going to fold in on itself.

Back