Media Max Kellerman on Fury/Wilder fight- “No matter who wins, the baddest man on the planet is in UFC”

If we're playing the "closer approximation to a real fight" game, the "baddest man on the planet" isn't a UFC fighter either. It's probably some armed psycho somewhere. I'm also not convinced that Ngannou or Stipe would pull off some slick submission in a street fight with a top boxer.

Thered be nothing slick about it, stipe could take down and kimura the entire top 10 in heavyweight boxing.

There is so much stupid in this thread, I can’t even.

Anyone getting into a street fight with Tyson Fury that has MMA training ie wrestling, kickboxing, BJJ & boxing is going to go right for the TD. Its not Rocket Surgery.

This is absolutely true. If you get into a street fight with a known boxer, and you’re a high level striker yourself, you better make sure you take the fight to the ground nice and early. However, what happens then? You’re now in a street fight with your head within kicking range of everyone in the proximity.

The reality is, street fights aren’t going to take place between Fury and Stipe or Wilder and DC. The most common interaction I’ve seen between high level boxers and mixed martial artists is mutual respect and usually an invitation from the MMA side for the boxer to come and train with them, to show them some things.

99.9% of street fights take place between two or more people who have no ideas of the others capabilities, and that creates a huge amount of uncertainty, particularly because most people will throw hands first and foremost. Do that with a decent level boxer (and I mean decent amateur) and you may well be going to sleep.

The funny thing is, two examples that spring to mind of UFC fighters having street fights are Don Frye and BJ Penn, both of whom got knocked out with punches by guys who aren't even proffesional fighters.

Im not entirely sure how to address this question but here we go....first ISIS is a group of people not a person and they would fall into the category of soldier....I get that youre trying to be cute with your response but Im not seeing the sense in it

The point he was making is that your definition of "baddest man on the planet"is dumb. By your definition its probably not even a world leader but some kind of international banker like a Rothschild type who even the president's and kings of the world answer to. But do we really think of a 5'6" 150 pound guy who's never been in a fistfight as the baddest? No. Let's stick to the simple definition: hand to hand, no weapons, 1 on 1 combat.

The funny thing is, two examples that spring to mind of UFC fighters having street fights are Don Frye and BJ Penn, both of whom got knocked out with punches by guys who aren't even proffesional fighters.

Are we really counting a severely outweighed, drunk, retired, far out of prime fighter who literally was not fighting back and just purposely taking shots to the dome? That wasn't a loss in a fight. He wasn't fighting. Enough unanswered shots from any grown man will KO almost anyone.

The Dan Severn incident im unfamiliar with.

<{vega}>
Dumbest post of the day. He drives an ordinary pick-up so dweebs like you won't suspect he actually IS the baddest man on the planet, therefor hitting him with a club or shooting him with a gun because you are intimidated by the man AND his car - which would obviously be way sexier than yours. His restraint outside the ring might even be tested by someone as douche-y as that person that could write your post. He's undercover, and clearly for your benefit.
Calm down, Gloria. The baddest man on the planet does not drive a pick up and shop at IKEA.

If we're playing the "closer approximation to a real fight" game, the "baddest man on the planet" isn't a UFC fighter either. It's probably some armed psycho somewhere. I'm also not convinced that Ngannou or Stipe would pull off some slick submission in a street fight with a top boxer.

If you ever see boxers brawling at a press conference, they end up swinging and missing and on the ground wrestling before you can say "ground and pound".

MMA is a much more advanced form of unarmed single combat between two people than boxing is.

Which champion doe? I don’t see stipe beating jones at hw. And jones loses to izzy at lhw..

Max is looking for some attention. His statement is flawed and meaningless. THere is no such thing as a real fight, what does he even mean by real fight? DOes he mean a street fight, war zone survival mode? MMA has rules too and those rules do not apply on the streets. ALso bar fights have no rules and mma fighters would do terribly in a bar fight, they would get sucker punched. MMA fighter is also helpless against a group of people, any two-three street/bar fighters guys can take out the best mma fighter.
Are pipes included in the real fight? well mma fighters can't do sheet against those. MMA fighter will lose most of the fights where knives appear. And let me not start about guns, which are in abundance in the states and everybody has half a dozen guns and knives.

Lets stick to the rules, every fight sport has its rules and every athete will dominate in his own sport.

Why would Stipe need a slick submission? Grind them to dust man, td and gnp, kicks into TD. Ewww TD into elbows on concrete my man. Slams on concrete ouch, sub at that point is being cruel. Edit: meant to quote dude saying Stipe would need slick sub to beat boxers in a street fight.

Who makes more $?

Like comparing running and swimming. They are different activities. I like MMA more since more versatile and chances to upset an opponent. But mastering an art to get paid top $, is sufficient and there is room for many greats.

Really? lol I think he's speaking to legally sanctioned sports, probably not extending that to all acts of aggression and hostility....

Some of the arguments, smh :). Ok, if we're going that far...unless you have a red button that connects to some nuke launching system you're not the baddest man on the planet.

Which champion doe? I don’t see stipe beating jones at hw. And jones loses to izzy at lhw..

Disagree. the ufc has a stupid weight limit. ruling out the largest. fury could not even compete.

Wow that must be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
It's like something straight out of a live satelite argument from 2001.

the baddest man on the planet is Putin.

this is a well known fact.

This is a major factor if you're Wilder or Tyson or something but applies way less to 99% of strikers against tough opponents.

Look at world class boxer Caleb Plant here, it's not like every boxer has magic one shot power against untrained individuals. If the other guy was a grappler there is simply no contest here.

Heck even if you are Wilder or Tyson, you will pull off the early KO sometimes but way less than half the time I'd say.

lol@world class boxer … you have no idea what you are watching.

that guy was just a teenager & and the other guy is 3 times his size ... that Video is almost as old as Trump.

i love how you guys down Played Bob Sapp Performance against the 2. best HW of all time … "bbbut but Bob Sapp was so big." and then you post a Video of a Teeny Boxer vs a much bigger guy.

lets play your game

Back