Media Max Kellerman on ESPN: Manny Pacquiao has a case for the best pound-for-pound fighter ever

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TidWell, Aug 2, 2019.

1. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

Would love to see him against ATGs like Arguello, Pryor, Duran, Chavez.

cocksure likes this.
  2. TidWell

TidWell Yellow Card Yellow Card

Well did you see the rematch? Barrera did significantly better and Pac couldn't hurt him at all.

Although Barrera is a known dirty fighter and head butt Manny out of frustration it wasn't the same performance, so there had to be truth to the fact that the first fight Barrera was distracted in training camp with the fire in big bear, the Revelation that he had a metal plate in his head and the in fighting in his training camp between team members.

3. TidWell

People didnt like that Pac went into the fight with Floyd with an injury, a lot of people bet big money on him to win, that was greed talking they wanted that 100 million, so can you respect Pac for that? I cant thats wrong. A lot of people believed in you and you just robbed the bank not giving your all on purpose just for a check.

Actually the pizza he ate before the fight could have affect his performance. Pizza is not a good fuel before a fight, it makes you sluggish.

4. rvzu

rvzu Orange Belt

{<jordan}

5. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Here is Robert Garcia and several members of his gym agreeing with Max Kellerman.

ssx and -Magua- like this.
  6. Milton_Gracie

Milton_Gracie Blue Belt

A lot of people put money on Thurman. A lot of people believed in him and he just robbed the bank not giving his all on purpose just for a check and a medium pan pizza from Dominos. He had the biggest fight of his career ahead of him. The racist boxing fans put all of their hopes in him and he let them down with his diet.

Can you respect Keith for that?

See what I did there? I just said the exact same thing you said about Pac, but I did a little trick when I do this reversal thing where I use your exact logic but as it pertains to Thurman.

7. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Yes, Barrera did better in the 2nd, a mark of a great fighter, learning from his mistakes. Barrera was my guy long before he dished out a life lesson to that cornball Hamed but the first Pac fight was a sort of passing of the guard, a sign of a once in a lifetime talent, even referenced by MAB himself. He may have had camp issues but he tipped his hat to his dominating foe.

8. TidWell

Bad try because keith actually came to fight and landed bombs on pac and there are people like myself who had him winning, some closer. Pac went into the fight knowing he just wanted a check and roach even tried to get him to postpone it.

9. Milton_Gracie

Milton_Gracie Blue Belt

Fact: Thurman ate like a chump the day of the biggest fight of his career.

His pizza gorging even made you comment earlier that it may have had an adverse affect on his performance.

Why do you have so many excuses? The things you criticize Pac for...whe it comes to other fighters who do the same thing, you defend them with every excuse you can imagine.

You’re either a troll or a hypocrite.

Smokes and -Magua- like this.
  10. mozfonky

mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

he wouldn't do very well i don't think. Out of those guys, the only one I could see him beating decisively is Arguello but even Alexis could put him out with one punch. Alexis had Problems with speed and even though Manny would come right at alexis, Alexis just was too slow. Not a problem for Duran or Pryor who'd both have enough versatility to make a fool out of manny, chavez would have no problem at all with manny, he could meet him in center ring and match him for punch output but he hits harder and has more damaging punches, and he fought and beats some fast fighters who could box a lot better than manny does. The hopping in and out that manny does would be nothing for Chavez who could cut off the ring pretty good on the speedsters and movers. Different eras, it's a bad era when you guys are convinced that Keith is a really good fighter, you just don't know what you're looking at.

11. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

Defense wasn't Pryor's best friend, that alone would get him trouble, but I wouldn't be confident betting on that fight.

Chavez is a winnable fight for Pac. You can't compare him to the cab divers on Chavez long list of victories.

With Arguello I agree what you said. I think Floyd beats him too, though stylewise Arguello is a bad match up for counter punchers, just like Pryor.

Duran beats Pac, I think. Too slick defensively. But it would be a battle for the ages.

I forgot to add Pernell Whitaker... I'm sure Max Kellerman would like to see that fight.

12. ssx

ssx Brown Belt

They know what they are talking about, it’s really not hard to understand. I agree Mayweather beats Pacquiao at any point in their careers, but in terms of P4P, Pac is the greater fighter without question. Mayweather is naturally at least 2 weight classes bigger. Would Floyd have been able to jump up and beat Ward? I don’t think so. Mikey Garcia right now is a far better proven P4P fighter than Errol Spence, but lost head to head because again, Spence is naturally at least 3 classes bigger.

13. -Magua-

-Magua- Brown Belt

I bet Tidwell subscribes to Seckbach.
    That dude is annoying as fuck.
    He’s got decent connection into gyms, but I can’t watch but a few minutes at best.

14. ssx

ssx Brown Belt

I’d take prime Pacquiao over Pryor and Arguello.
    He’d be 50/50 with Chavez and Duran.
    Pernell would beat him by decision.

15. mozfonky

pac is a one trick pony, take that away and we have a fight like the mayweather fight, pryor was versatile enough to adapt to a boxer style, that's why I pick him, not to mention he also was a high punch output fighter, maybe even one of the only fighters who could outpunch Manny in history. Both guys were stamina marvels. Pryor could get sloppy and get hit but he also could box, he also got off the canvas to win all the way up to the Young fight, where if rumours are true, he was high and in the midst of his addiction. Chavez had problems with movement but he solved those problems, pac can't move like taylor or camacho and chavez and many other boxer type fighters. Problem is, manny doesn't really use angles and movement, he's in and out, chavez would land a lot of punches while he's doing all of this. Manny is just not versatile enough, anyone who you can move a few inches left righ, back and nullify is vulnerable. Mayweather will beat him again if they fight the same way.

16. TidWell

Moz you sound like you stuck in 2005 when describing Pacman, but you said you don't watch boxing anymore so I guess thats why

This the first time I heard someone describe Manny as a one trick pony since 2005, if nobody has seen Manny and read your reply here we would be thinking a plodding flat footed guy with no angles

What do you think of Mike Tyson he said the opposite of you describing Pacman

Listen to Floyd, he said Pac uses angles, you said he doesn't, Pacman is known for punching from different angles and movement. You make Pac sound like some dumb fighter when he is considered one of the most dynamic. yet Im the guy who is a hater just cause I asked if Pac is still popular or is he picking the weakest guy haahah

17. mozfonky

he uses minor angles, his bread and butter is in out, that's about it, straight in, straight out, that's why mayweather will beat him again. I don't consider it angles if a guy comes in and throws shots from different positions, i consider it angles when they defend and go in and out that way. manny has no clue how to deal with a boxer, that's the main problem, he has no clue about cutting off a ring so, therefore, any fighter employing those tactics is a threat.

18. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

Pac definitely uses angles.
    People who say otherwise would probably change their opinion after stepping in the ring and going a few rounds with him.

19. mozfonky

he doesn't come in at different angles, or not what i would call different angles, i'm not talking about the angles you guys are, a step here and a step there, sure that's an angle, i'm talking more about how he comes in and goes out, it's too predictable, which is why he'll never beat mayweather.

20. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Kellerman seems to have opened the floodgates, everyone is calling Manny GOAT. When you look over his resume and accomplishments, its easy to see why. About time.