Media Max Kellerman on ESPN: Manny Pacquiao has a case for the best pound-for-pound fighter ever

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TidWell, Aug 2, 2019.

1. TidWell

TidWell Yellow Card Yellow Card

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOL just stop Max now you are reaching hard there, I will give Max Kellerman credit on something that dude never ages wtf looks the same as he did 21 years ago when he was on Friday night fights.

The Adder, ssx, Ruv and 1 other person like this.
  2. Voodoo_Child906

Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

He's not saying that Pac wins, in fact he states that SRR wins that honor but Pac has a case like Armstrong, Greb, Ali, Mayweather and others. Doesn't seem too far fetched.

3. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

4. mrsenor

mrsenor Black Belt

another pacquaio thread

5. mozfonky

mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

No case whatsoever. Not even the best of his time.

don't quote me! likes this.
  6. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Max stating pretty obvious facts here. If you look at Pacquiao at his best, and then you look at his career accomplishments, he is certainly in incredibly rare company on a p4p list. It’s very easy to have him in the top 5, especially when you consider other guys often considered to be in that category. I’d put him above Muhammad Ali and Willie Pep, two guys that are often up there.

People are nostalgic about those old grainy black and white tapes. Put Pacquiao in some old timey looking footage running through every division from flyweight to light middleweight and we’d unanimously have him very solidly in the top 5.

Zer, MilesP4P, chipsnbbqsauce and 6 others like this.
  7. ScarfaceJr

ScarfaceJr All praise honor & glory to the most High

So does Mayweather not exist now or something?

PinkFlammingo likes this.
  8. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Pac is one of the best ever P4P and saying otherwise is beyond retarded.

Piss off with the Pac threads. You have a very creepy obsession with him.

9. Confucamus

Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

Is there a case? Sure, but there's a case for many ATGs. Manny's list of accomplishments will probably never be beaten. Kellerman is free to have this opinion.

nac386 likes this.
  10. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Yeah, It all depends on what accomplishments you value the most. The number of divisions Pac fought through, combined with his strength of schedule is incredible and compares favorably to anybody in the history of the sport.

11. HereticBD

HereticBD Titanium Belt

Pac should proactively file a restraining order against @TidWell, before things get out of hand.

12. Confucamus

Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

ATG lists are subjective. Do they go by which fighters would win head to head? Their resumes? Accomplishments/titles? Popularity/PPV buys? There will never be a consensus list, but Manny is near the top of all of those lists.

nac386 likes this.
  13. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

His biggest accomplishments are becoming world champion in both his teens and his 40s, and winning titles in 8 divisions

Both of which I think (I could be wrong) are achievements exclusive to him in the history of boxing

14. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Pac being an 8 division champ is impressive. No denying that but its a little more complicated. I think both Floyd and Pac were around the same weight at 16 but you cannot turn pro in the US at that age. Pac turned pro very young fighting not so great Filipino opponents (dont like calling fighters bums) whilst Floyd was fighting in the Amateurs which I'm sure was more competitive even if the amateurs are slightly different. By the time he turned pro he was 19 and at 130.

Based off their fight Floyd didn't use his weight advantage by overpowering him. He out smarted him and I think he would of done the same in their primes or if they were the same size (if both were clean). This doesn't mean Floyd is a better P4P fighter tho. Its all subjective and no one will truly ever know but theres no denying that both fighters are up there among the best.

15. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Good post. But I don’t think it ever makes sense to say a larger fighter did not use his larger size. Size affects everything we do. For example, Spence outboxed Garcia, does that mean his size didn’t matter? Of course his size mattered. His durability, reach, power, punch resistance, etc. Same thing with Canelo and Cotto. Canelo outboxed Cotto, but are we pretending Canelo’s size had nothing to do with his and Cotto’s approach? Canelo vs Cotto would obviously be a different looking fight if Canelo was the smaller man.

The argument for Pac over Floyd depends on his list of accomplishments, not a single head-to-head matchup with both at nearly 40 years of age. Sandy Sadler beat Willie Pep three times I believe. Who’s typically higher on p4p lists?

16. Smashus Clay

Smashus Clay White Belt

[QUOTE="nac386, post: 153960479, member: 463037"I’d put him above Muhammad Ali and Willie Pep, two guys that are often up there.[/QUOTE]

I'd legit like to hear your argument ranking him higher than Ali. Both have excellent resumes that are a mile long but we can look back and say that Ali was definitively the best heavy of his generation, I dont know if you can say the same for Pac at any weight.

Liston x2/Patterson x2/Frazier x2/ Norton x2 and Big George vs Barerra x2/Morales x2/Marquez fights and his run at WW.

I'll fully admit I could be bias, after Pac beat Barerra and Morales I was Tidwell levels of salty haha.

-Magua- and PHATV like this.
  17. Absolut

Absolut Black Belt

His argument is better founded in reality than your anti pac sentiment.

And I don’t think he’s at the top

HelpYouFall, Hagler and PHATV like this.
  18. PHATV

PHATV FREE @RR!!! Platinum Member

Prediction:
    When Pac walks away from the sport, @TidWell walks away from the boxing forum.

Seems like you're never posting about another fighter/bout here, man.
    Sweet Jesus enough, already.

As an aside, I didn't watch the video but no problem with Max saying Pac can be considered as a top ATG at this point. After he wrecked Thurman, he's pretty much settled it that absent being part of the Mayweather era, people wouldn't really be arguing against that. He just was "unlucky" in the sense that he was in the game at the same time as Floyd and isn't quite on Floyd's level. 1b to his 1a.

Hagler, ironfist05 and Absolut like this.
  19. Voodoo_Child906

Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

I've never seen a list with anyone but SRR at the top. Why is SRR the consensus number 1 All Time Great?

-Magua- likes this.
  20. Bronzehawkattack

Bronzehawkattack Yellow Belt

Aw man, I remember this. This makes me feel sad now that Pernells recently passed.

Mr.Maelstrom and TidWell like this.