Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar Verbally Agreed For UFC 240 in Edmonton

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Max kicks ace in Canada. That’s a fact. Edmonton is just a little more West than Toronto, and Ontario.

Put your money down now.

I don’t think this is the fight to make, but I don’t make the fights.

Unless something unforeseen happens, I’m going, though. It’ll be my first UFC event.

When the fuck did Edmonton get UFC 240

This is fucking bullshit. Volk deserves the next shot.

Give Frankie a break, this is his last shot at the title. Alexander has an amazing career ahead of him and I have no doubts he will be champ soon.

Alex screwed Alex. That fight with aldo was boring and did not deliver, he fought safely and not to get a finish, if he had TKOed Aldo maybe his name would be in this breaking news.

Btw why is Brett Okamoto breaking 100% of the news now? Is Dana that petty that he blackballs Ariel and forbids anyone from telling him anything? The guy has to eat too Dana, you tomato headed fuck.
Ariel needs to antagonize his fighter guests as well as Dana even harder than he already did, I'm sure that will help him stay in business.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.huffpost.com%2Fgen%2F2393824%2Fimages%2Fn-EDMONTON-CITY-OF-CHAMPIONS-628x314.jpg

The City of Champions and Championships.

Only way this is reasonably acceptable is if Volkanovsky gets the guaranteed title shot after this. Such bs Frankie got it over him

This is pretty much the best route for him, I think. I would assume it's very likely anyone else usurpes his spot while he waits, and it seems also just as likely that however Frankie VS Max ends it's going to end decisively
I see it as a close fight tbh and hopefully there's no immediate rematch because that would suck so much for Volk lol

I can spend the night there, just gotta remember to wipe my feet when I Ieave

Beats plugging your nose from the smell of cow shit and urine while in Calgary.

Beats plugging your nose from the smell of cow shit and urine while in Calgary.
All joking aside, have you been to the new Oilers barn, ive heard good things about it

All joking aside, have you been to the new Oilers barn, ive heard good things about it

Do you know what? I have not. I was out of the country for years. And there are a cpl concerts coming up (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden) that I’m going to. By all reports it’s a nice building. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Volkanovski beat Aldo who Edgar could never beat, makes sense o_O

Why is everybody acting like Alex isn’t getting the next shot? UFC needs a main event for that card, Volk unlikely to be ready in time. Pretty obvious he gets the winner, don’t see it as Edgar stealing his shot at all.

I see it as a close fight tbh and hopefully there's no immediate rematch because that would suck so much for Volk lol
I'm not saying it won't be close, I guess just that someone will win decisively one way or another. Like either Frankie can take him down and wear him out/control him (wouldn't surprise me) or Max touches him up by moving around and stuffing the takedowns like Aldo did to Frankie (also would not surprise me)

Volk has wins over Aldo and Mendes, but to be fair, neither win doesn't mean what it used to.

Mendes has been finished three out of his last four fights, and Aldo has gone 3-3 since dropping the FW title to McGregor, also being finished three times.

Edgar doesn't have many fights left, and I'm okay with him getting the shot. If Ortega/Zabit doesn't materialize, I can see the UFC using Volk as a waiting replacement.

A win over Aldo or Mendes still means 100x's more than a win over old Man Swanson who has lost like his last 4 fights, lol. Why are you trying to discredit the Aldo and Mendes wins when the Swamson win is far far far far far far far far far far far far far worse?

Back