Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar Verbally Agreed For UFC 240 in Edmonton

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Funny how Max wont even acknowledge Volk since his rise. Frankie? WTF guy got Ko'd last year and beat Swanson....LOL again the UFC fucks up a good weight class to play favourites.

Why is everyone bitching about Volk? He will obviously get the winner and he probably turned down the short notice.

Anyway, Edgar KO's him. I think Holloway is done to be honest. I know it sounds like an overreaction but take a look at his recent history.
- Took an insane beating against Dustin.
- Ate some heavy bombs against Ortega.
- Pulled from Khabib fight due to the weight cut.
- Took heavy bombs against Aldo in both fights.

Holloway is a beast but to me his career will be over soon. He's that fighter who was great for a short time, but used his chin too much. I presume his weight cut won't be great either.
LMAO. Edgar has pillowfists and he is going to knock Max?

No thanks. Frankie in Faber territory now.

RIP Edgar, sadly Max would be top much for him.

Also this gotta suck for Volkanosvki

Frankie Edgar's been receiving undeserved opportunities and decisions almost as long as BJ Penn's been losing.

There's a clear number one contender right now and it's not Frankie.

So Volk just beat a former champion and Edgar gets the shot. Excellent Sean Shelby. Get fucked

I think this is the right call. Book Holloway/Edgar winner against Volka as co-main event to Whittaker vs Israel

Didn't think it would happen but the ufc kind of owed Frankie one anyways. Alex will have to wait for the winner.

5 years ago this would have been a great fight for Edgar. Now he is pushing 40 and recently was KTFO'd.

When's snoozeman vs colby then?

Edgar doesn't deserve a shot.

Ridiculous match making volk is on a 7 fight win streak. In the ufc. Think 15 straight if you include outside the ufc.

Just beat Aldo in Brazil extremely easily. Frankies on a 1 fight win streak. From 2016 Alex has 7 ufc bouts all wins. Frankie has fought 5 times. 3 wins 2 losses

Why bother taking fights and being active in fighting up the rankings if ufc's not going to reward it .? No wonder fighters will sit out rather than fighting often.

Used to be a massive Max fan but not fighting legitimate contenders is one way to lower his value imo. Going up in weight to fight for the interim I disliked . But felt the ufc pushed that one. Taking on Frankie at this stage feels worse than Bisping taking on Henderson.

Should be max vs volk in Australia. Co - main event. Risking that by having him fight Edgar seems foolish to me. Especially with Robs bad run of injuries in Aus .

Fuck you all for hating on Frankie, he's the classiest fighter in UFC history. He lost his shot for taking a risky fight.
Also, ALI bless.

Frankie has to fight smart and point fight his way to a win. We know he doesnt have the power to hurt or KO Max and throwing those type of shots will open him up. Box and out land Max and mix in tds.

Volk most likely wasnt ready to take this fight.

Ridiculous match making volk is on a 7 fight win streak. In the ufc. Think 15 straight if you include outside the ufc.

Just beat Aldo in Brazil extremely easily. Frankies on a 1 fight win streak. From 2016 Alex has 7 ufc bouts all wins. Frankie has fought 5 times. 3 wins 2 losses

Why bother taking fights and being active in fighting up the rankings if ufc's not going to reward it .? No wonder fighters will sit out rather than fighting often.

Used to be a massive Max fan but not fighting legitimate contenders is one way to lower his value imo. Going up in weight to fight for the interim I disliked . But felt the ufc pushed that one. Taking on Frankie at this stage feels worse than Bisping taking on Henderson.

Should be max vs volk in Australia. Co - main event. Risking that by having him fight Edgar seems foolish to me. Especially with Robs bad run of injuries in Aus .
Think it's actually a 17 fight win streak mate. 100% agree with you.

You gotta be fucking kidding me....my favourite fighter of all time in a title fight in my back yard.....and I'll be in fucking Scotland :mad:

Sucks to be you, buddeh. Bring me back a kilt, will ya. I’ll pour one out for you before I go in. And I’ll smoke a joint in your honour during a break.

I dont blame the UFC wanting some solid PPV numbers, and having Holloway fight provides that without risking too much against Edgar.

Btw UFC counting out Edgar, i am not.

Back