Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar Verbally Agreed For UFC 240 in Edmonton

Who Wins?

• Total voters
GOAT managet strikes again, watch Zabit get the next one if he beats Ortega, Alex is fighting Yair or one of the Koreans in the next Australia card.

Fine with this. Volkanovski is gonna fight on the Oct Aus stadium show, would be pretty stupid for them to make that fight in Canada when they are going to Aus in fall.

Edgar next, winner fights Volk in Oct.

Because Max's career screams stagnant. No reason to have a quick turnaround after the damage he took just last month. Or do you consider that month 'stagnant' by your standards?
I was speaking more to champions taking time off in general. If Max wants to fight, Max should fight.

Edgar has 1 win in 2 years against a guy he had already finished

LMAO
And that guy is on an 0-4 streak... and cub got finished by Ortega who also KTFO Frankie

Joke of a title shot lol

Volk has wins over Aldo and Mendes, but to be fair, neither win doesn't mean what it used to.

Mendes has been finished three out of his last four fights, and Aldo has gone 3-3 since dropping the FW title to McGregor, also being finished three times.

Edgar doesn't have many fights left, and I'm okay with him getting the shot. If Ortega/Zabit doesn't materialize, I can see the UFC using Volk as a waiting replacement.

Volkanovskis next I presume. At least he doesn't have to wait long, he could potentially face the winner by the end of the year hopefully.
Realistically though what are the chances of Volk now being on the October card with the Reaper and Adesanya? Hopefully Max starches him then accepts an October fight with Volk. Guy only fought in April and copped a barrage of shots so it's an impressive turn around time.

I'm cool with this. It's not like volkanovski isn't going to get his shot.

Last chance for Frankie. Lets see what he's got.

I'm okay with it. This fight needs to happen, and the sooner the better.

I'm a big Volkanovski fan, but he can wait.
Nah mate massively disagree, why on earth should Volk wait, Edgar's sat out a year, while Volk's fought and won 3 times in the interim including beating Aldo. Frankie should keep waiting as he's less deserving than Volk.

Frankie is a much bigger name and is likely on his way out so I'm fine with him getting a title shot. Volk literally just fought... it is completely reasonable for Holloway to fight Frankie and Volk to get the winner later this year. People need to relax on the saltiness

Alex screwed Alex. That fight with aldo was boring and did not deliver, he fought safely and not to get a finish, if he had TKOed Aldo maybe his name would be in this breaking news.

Btw why is Brett Okamoto breaking 100% of the news now? Is Dana that petty that he blackballs Ariel and forbids anyone from telling him anything? The guy has to eat too Dana, you tomato headed fuck.

I dunno why, but i think frankie can grind out a win if he doesnt get tagged. Wouldnt bet the house on it though.

for fuck sakes dude NO, frankie doesn't even deserve it, just like his first titleshot at FW. dude gets knocked dead by ortega, decisions a shot cub, sits out and gets a TS?

volk just beat elkins, mendes and ALDO. (something edgar couldn't do twice)

holloway beats edgar's ass btw.

Back