Max Holloway should forget about FW

Max vs Conor would be sweet. Great pay day for Max (perhaps the most universally loved fighter) as well

the second fight was super close, people seem to forget about it for some reason, if max puts some real mass like jones is doing now, he'd be unstoppable in 155
Lmao you say this as if what jones is doing will be successful. You say it as if jones will ever fight at heavyweight

If Max puts on mass, he wont be the same fighter.

High output, relentless pressure, fluid striking, unending gas tank - this may all go away.

Max is not going to get a title shot at LW. And he is not beating Poirier, Justin or Conor.

Max did outbox him, because of his way better footwork and boxing in their fight. I give you that.
But it only went 90 seconds and Oliveira got injured without real impact after 90 seconds.

On the other side, Olive has an 5 inch reach advantage and some power nowadays. While Max last attempt at 155 didn't go too well.

Doesn't matter. If Poirier wins, he gets the title fight he deserves. If Conor wins the UFC will love it and give him a title fight.
I thought Max won vs. Poirier, everyone says I’m a retard for it, but when I rewatch Max got 3, 4 and 5. Max has a solid chin and insane cardio even at 145, at 155, his reach would be a disadvantage, but his skills may make up for it.

Max would need to make the proper move in weight first, the man was underpowered at LW, or at least was against a killer like Poirier.

Its probably not worth watching at 145 and you want to give that point fighter the chance of a another controversial SD win? The better for the fans is Volk and Max never fight again.
I'm saying that's about the only way I'd give Holloway a trilogy fight with Volk. The rematch in the first place was entirely undeserved. There's literally no one, well no one with a brain who thought the first Volk Max fight decision was controversial. And for the record I'd argue Volk won the 2nd fight as well and there wouldn't be half as much controversy if it weren't for the ridiculously biased commentary. Max clearly won the first 2 rounds, Volkanovski won the last 2, the issue is the third. I'd challenge anyone to re-watch just the 3rd round without Bisping blathering on about how great Max is and say they'd give Max that round. Bisping's getting better as a commentator but he was smoking the crack pipe in that fight.

Lightweight will be more interesting, the moment he moves up.

He pretty much beat Volk in the rematch. Comes down to if he ever gets a 3rd fight with him. If he does there is the reclaiming of the belt and revenge part. And it sounds Dana's open to it.

If not then LW has a path to a title shot. But, not now. The div is wide open. Lots of contenders, who would (or should) be in line before Max. The Poirier LW fight was pretty one-sided and a underwhelming performance. It could be Max is too weak for LW, better suited for FW. But it's just 1 fight, not that definitive.
He lost twice to Volk and even the 2nd fight was a clear win for Volk. Fans are just biased when it comes to Holloway.

I thought Max won vs. Poirier, everyone says I’m a retard for it, but when I rewatch Max got 3, 4 and 5. Max has a solid chin and insane cardio even at 145, at 155, his reach would be a disadvantage, but his skills may make up for it.
Actually that fight was pretty close. The deciding factor was the difference in power and that's why Poirier got the nod.
Holloway's chin is legendary at this point though

it looked like dustin had his number. gaethje may too with the threat of the leg kicks and max showing he has a leg kick opening against volky

He lost twice to Volk and even the 2nd fight was a clear win for Volk. Fans are just biased when it comes to Holloway.
I don't have a dog in that race. Thought it was a draw. But with the 2 knockdowns a few rounds were easier to score for Max than the closer ones for Volk. So it's easier to lean Max's way.

He was looking really unhealthy during weight ins... looked like he could beat Volk, but lacked speed and explosive power to do it...
He is still young man who is growing
I thought Max won the second fight. I wasn't alone, many thought the same thing.

LMFAO at people acting like 10 extra pounds will erase Max's insane cardio, output, and good speed. The problem comes with how stacked the LW division is. IMO Poirier, Oliveira, Chandler, and Gaethje could all be 2+ defense champs, plus you've got Islam on the rise and Dariush with an outside shot.

Max has a great chance of beating Oliveria at LW again and becoming a champ.. dudes has a great TDD, so theres no way he'll get taken down, and will put a Brian Ortega type of beatdown on Olivera

J3t0dAZ3.jpg

No stick to 145. He was built for that division. If he goes 155 he will think why did I end my legacy in this division.

Back