Max Holloway Says Aldo's Claims About Him Turning Down UFC 208 Are "Horsesh--t"

Pretty sure he publicly admitted that he would rather go Disneyland with his family than fight Aldo in February.

Hahaha yeah, if u aint swinging from Aldo's nuts, you gotta admit the guy is kind ridiculous. "I haven't turned down a plethora of fights....my coach did!"....yeah, OK buddy... "I didn't throw out my first sample, the tester was simply detained in a jail cell for a reason that was not mine.....I didn't spill my piss either, gravity claimed it!".

For me, it wasn't all the fights Aldo pulled out of until Chad that made me know something was sketchy with the dude, it was him pulling out of the Chad fight in America and having it rescheduled in Brazil; the place where all Brazilian fighters looked wildly different as CABMMA (the guy that took his pic with Aldo following Piss Gate) runs everything. And I know that it isn't squarely Aldo's fault for all this stuff as it is likely just the culture of Brazilian MMA/BJJ and likely does have something to do with Dede. I mean just look at Nova Uniao's record pre and post USADA, they went from like a .800 winning rate to like .200, went from 2 dominant champs to none, and tho alot of it is likely explainable, much is sketchy as shit.

Well barao started his losing streak before USADA got partnered, and Aldo fought less, so that could be a major reason why the win/loss of a certain camp is skewed when those two fighters were like combined 60-2.
Jose Aldo has been tested 5 times in 2016 and 8 times in 2015. So if he was on steroids you would assume that one of these would catch it as some of them were after the incident and he won the belt after it as well shicsh hows if he was on roids and came offh tem after the incident that he is at the same level regardless.
He is currently the FW champ.
The conor fight was not for the belt and on short notice so his coach refused (according to him). Although its usually discussed, this does happen.

Maybe and just maybe do you think that some of Aldos craziness was caused by mistreatment by the UFC, think of how long he had his belt how many defenses, how many years. And he is not even offered a rematch, he had to fight for an interm belt. Ronda is getting an immediate rematch after taking over a year off, winning less consecutive fights and title defenses and losing in probably an even more devastating fashion. Dana bashes on him on interviews for pulling out with the rib injury.

He had to deal with the media shitsotrm and UFC shitstorm and constant media obligations that accompanied the Conor fight. And after all the years and amazing fights he put on through the WEC and UFC, you know what the majority of fans do, they turn on him for injuries (his fault for training hard, but hell thats probably how hes always done it,hes old school) and in support of the new media driven superstar Conor. Then all this bullshit is given to him through he media and social media.

So yea, call aldo crazy and such but damn think about what hes had to endure, while all yall spread insults and misinformation.

Aldo being offered a LW titleshot even if it is Interim is odd. It is funny how every one is calling out fighters for "Ducking". IMO Khabib turning down Aldo for the Interim makes sense as then Conor will just claim that Khabib needs to fight Tony to deserve a shot. Tony is asking for more money and deserves it IMO (not sure what he is getting paid). Aldo isn't ducking anyone and I do believe he has been targeting Brooklyn but why the UFC would target early Feb 2017 for a unification bout with the winner of a fight from Dec 10th. What if Max or Pettis had come out of that fight as the winner but a 6 month injury??? Max isn't "Ducking" as he is wanting to take the holidays but he shouldn't have been doing a "Where's Aldo" Campaign if he wasn't willing to fight Aldo anytime.

Agree. The only opponents Khabib or Ferguson have to fight are either each other or Conor. Fighting Aldo just reeks of fuckery, assuming the fight is really on the table and not just leverage.

Nobody will ever defeat Aldo in 13 seconds again, not even Conor. If Khabib/Ferguson fought him and won, Conor would just say he beat him more impressively and they need to fight each other. And God forbid Aldo won instead. Conor would simply laugh at the idea of defending then.

I can't get why people would think Max would duck Aldo. Why would the not-champ duck the champ!?! It makes no sense at all. Especially a not-champ who is on a roll like Holloway.

Probably not a matter of ducking, but more like if you talk crap you have to back it up. Because if you backtrack, you'll get the flak.

Agree. The only opponents Khabib or Ferguson have to fight are either each other or Conor. Fighting Aldo just reeks of fuckery, assuming the fight is really on the table and not just leverage.

Nobody will ever defeat Aldo in 13 seconds again, not even Conor. If Khabib/Ferguson fought him and won, Conor would just say he beat him more impressively and they need to fight each other. And God forbid Aldo won instead. Conor would simply laugh at the idea of defending then.

Probably not a matter of ducking, but more like if you talk crap you have to back it up. Because if you backtrack, you'll get the flak.

That's fair. I think Holloway may have been a bit dumb, but he isn't a coward.

FW champ fighting for interim LW title while LW champ and interim FW goes on.... hold on. The interim FW champ can't fight for actual FW title because FW champ is fighting for interim LW title. Hold on. LW champ is on break so interim LW title against interim FW champ. Hold on.

LOL this post made me laugh a lot. This part especially.....

The interim FW champ can't fight for actual FW title because FW champ is fighting for interim LW title.

Let this sink in everyone. This is how absurd the UFC has become.

Hahaha yeah, if u aint swinging from Aldo's nuts, you gotta admit the guy is kind ridiculous. "I haven't turned down a plethora of fights....my coach did!"....yeah, OK buddy... "I didn't throw out my first sample, the tester was simply detained in a jail cell for a reason that was not mine.....I didn't spill my piss either, gravity claimed it!".

For me, it wasn't all the fights Aldo pulled out of until Chad that made me know something was sketchy with the dude, it was him pulling out of the Chad fight in America and having it rescheduled in Brazil; the place where all Brazilian fighters looked wildly different as CABMMA (the guy that took his pic with Aldo following Piss Gate) runs everything. And I know that it isn't squarely Aldo's fault for all this stuff as it is likely just the culture of Brazilian MMA/BJJ and likely does have something to do with Dede. I mean just look at Nova Uniao's record pre and post USADA, they went from like a .800 winning rate to like .200, went from 2 dominant champs to none, and tho alot of it is likely explainable, much is sketchy as shit.

Yeah brother, I mean when he beat Edgar even better than the first time that was in Brazil wasn't it...

They went from 2 champs to 0 and now back to 1.

You do a disservice to other fighters, Barao fell off because he came up against a nightmare match up in Dillashaw, same thing with Aldo. Let's not pretend American fighters don't juice. I mean you talk about Chad who HAS popped.

Although yeah it was probably a rash decision and yada yada but yeah he called him out in the octagon then with Olivi started backing out, then fully backed out.
Whether it was just or not for him not to want to fight then. He did run a smear campaign saying waldo wouldnt fight him and to meet him in Brooklyn, then it bit him in the ass

Yea but there told to call out fighters.

Back