"Max Holloway Is MMA's Marvin Hagler"- Luke Thomas

I just can't let go the fact that MMA needs to compare it's fighters to boxers. You'll never hear a boxing analyst say "Errol Spence is the Roid'd Brazilian of boxing."

Boxing is king.

tenor.gif

Yeah but who's mma version of this man...
That's right they're not born yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 24
Give me one win of Holloways that is equivalent to Hagler's destruction of Hearns and I might be inclined to agree. Two wins over a faded Aldo doesn't cut it.

On this edition of the Monday Morning Analyst, Luke Thomas looks ahead to UFC 236’s main event between Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier, specifically Holloway's striking and the similarities Holloway shares with boxer Marvin Hagler.

Yes and no. Holloway needs movement more than Hagler did.

That seems like a pretty loose association. It’s kind of like saying “mma goon x” likes Speaking softly and carrying big sticks so he is kind of mmas Theodore Roosevelt.
fucking lol

C'mon now, let's not be silly
Those crazy angles.

But if hollowguey faced off against May do you think he would do what JLC did the first time, and throw right hands like Mosely, while coming “bam bam” up the middle with straight lefts to beat the shell

Those crazy angles.

But if hollowguey faced off against May do you think he would do what JLC did the first time, and throw right hands like Mosely, while coming “bam bam” up the middle with straight lefts to beat the shell

He'd do all of it while consulting Oscar's blueprint.

This Holloway guy shifts like he was born in Kazakhstan.

Back