Max Holloway gets the call vs Leonard Garcia

At least now Leonard won't cry about being wrestled if he loses now.

My jaw literally just hit the floor, I am so pumped for this fight.

Holloway is going to look like Featherweight Jesus in there against Garcia, can't wait.

That's awesome but man what's that like less than 2 weeks for Holloway? It would be awesome to see him win, he's one of my favorite prospects. DO NOT let it go to decision.

Halloway is kickass, i just hope he is able to keep it standing cause he isn't great off his back and i think Garcia could finish him there.

That's awesome but man what's that like less than 2 weeks for Holloway? It would be awesome to see him win, he's one of my favorite prospects. DO NOT let it go to decision.

Wasn't his last fight like 3-4 week notice?
And he won pretty impressively

lol wtf, holloway vs garcia?
oh boy...

ok, i'm gonna root for garcia.
garcia via split decision!

Poor Garcia, preparing for one of the worst fighters in the UFC (and one of the few he in the division he'd actually be favoured against) and now he's about to put his job on the line against one of the top prospects in the division.

Wouldn't be sad to see him go, as I think his style is the least appealing aspect of MMA (and the fact that so many think it's entertaining makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing following this sport) but it sure is a tough break.

Garcia is gonna make Holloway look like featherweight Anderson silva and shit.

Holloway coasts his way to a UD, maybe even a late (T)KO. Garcia's wild brawling style will only work with those who oblige, Max is too seasoned of a striker to fall for such tactics.

Poor Garcia, preparing for one of the worst fighters in the UFC (and one of the few he in the division he'd actually be favoured against) and now he's about to put his job on the line against one of the top prospects in the division.

Wouldn't be sad to see him go, as I think his style is the least appealing aspect of MMA (and the fact that so many think it's entertaining makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing following this sport) but it sure is a tough break.

His style is definitely one of the least aesthically pleasing to watch. But he puts on a damn show everytime, how can we really hate on that?

His style is definitely one of the least aesthically pleasing to watch. But he puts on a damn show everytime, how can we really hate on that?

Because any number of us wants to see fighters executing good, thought out effective fighting? "Putting on a show" is just a hackneyed phrase nowadays, and when it's applied to guys like Garcia it almost insult the sport because it presupposes that things like technique, caution and concern for you own health (or for that matter, fight record) isn't desirable qualities in a UFC fighter.

Yikes. I see Garcia losing his 11th straight fight.

Lots of crow will be eaten if Garcia manages to actually beat Holloway

I wont rule Garcia out completely, but if Max can keep him at the end of his jab and pick his shots, he should take the decision - dont see him having the power to stop Garcia.

Back