Max Holloway Disputes Judges' Scores After Losing Title

How did you score the fight?

• Total voters
Max did not immediately recall getting hit, he absorbs shots well but so did Alex. Common fighter bias but it was close. So empathize with Max . Watch Frankie vs Bendo reaction. Max threw a lot as usual but he did not land much power.

I dont think anyone clearly won, but Volk seemed to get the better of the fight overall. If you listened to the audio from Rogan, you probably felt like Max woul dhav eto have his legs amputated, so thank god that isn't the case.

lol, i love max and he's an insanely good fighter but volk 50-45'd him, 49-46 at worst.

wasn't close at all, can't believe theres actually people who thought it was close.

I had it 4 -1 Volk . But I got confused with DC saying it was close and could go either way.

I was like oh shit am I that biased ? Which quickly became oh is dc that biased?
DC and Rogan HUGELY biased.
Had 4 guys watch that fight. All 4 of us had it 5-0 or 4-1 worst case scenario.
How anyone on the planet aside from Byrd would give Holloway a win is shocking and concerning.

Volks great reflexes prevented Max’s greatest weapon, his fast hands, all night long. Super impressive that little tank is so fast and reads movements well.

Max could never get going cause he was whiffing in the middle of his combos.

Volks kickboxing is sharp AF. He will batter your leg if you let him, as any good kickboxer should do if you let him, and he waits for you to counter the kicks with your hands, only waiting on it to counter you. He is short so you have a hard time determining distance, his long arm reach makes you pay for misjudgment.

“First round, I was feeling him out,” Holloway said after the event. “Second round I thought I was taking over. And then three, four, five, I thought [were] mine.

. . .

“They (the judges) saw it another way. There’s only three opinions that matter. Like the great Burt Watson said, 'Don’t leave that (expletive) to the judges.' . . . So let’s [fast] forward to 2020, new year, new me.

. . .

“I think he deserves it [a rematch],” Volkanovski said. “Do I have to beat him to prove I’m a better fighter? I think we had five rounds to do, and I’m pretty sure I won it pretty clearly. But, anyways, people are still going to doubt. . . But I’ll be ready for it, and he does deserve it.

. . .

“I’m gonna sit down with my team,” Holloway said. “Watch the tape. Sit down with Dana. . . . I’m a fighter . . . I fight. But it’s a team decision with me. It’s not a me thing. I’m not all about myself. My team got me here. I’m going to sit down with my team, talk to Dana, and we’ll go from there.

. . .

“We’ll be back. I’m only 28. . . . I’ll be back and we’ll be ready.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentreinsmith/2019/12/15/max-holloway-ufc-245-judges-made-him-cry-alexander-volkanovski/
50-45 Volkanovski

lol, i love max and he's an insanely good fighter but volk 50-45'd him, 49-46 at worst.

wasn't close at all, can't believe theres actually people who thought it was close.
This.

We all like Max, he's a likeable dude and great fighter. But he clearly lost and the sig strikes landed was sonething like 173 (by Volka) to 102 (by Max). It's arguable it was a 5 to 0 win.

I was a bit disappointed that Max didn't even congratulate Volkanovski or give him any acknowledgement after the fight. He was WELL beaten and he should review the tape and admit that, and park his ego for a few days.

Only rounds 4 and 5 were even up for debate. If you clearly win the first three rounds the other guy has to do something drastic. He didn't.

Back