Max Holloway Disputes Judges' Scores After Losing Title

How did you score the fight?

• Total voters
Checking leg kicks, will be a great first start max, and maybe throwing more of your own too..

The judges got it wrong, but only because 2 of them scored it 48-47. It was 49-46 with Max taking round 4, or 50-45.

Rematch is gonna be exactly the same, or maybe even more lopsided in Volkanovski's favour.

I had it 4 -1 Volk . But I got confused with DC saying it was close and could go either way.

I was like oh shit am I that biased ? Which quickly became oh is dc that biased?

Whatever one thinks of DC's commentary, his attempts at scoring fights are laughably bad. He is almost always wrong. He's a terrible judge when it comes to scoring rounds.

Clear cut decision for Volkanovski. I had it 49-46, but 50-45 or 48-47 are acceptable.

Of course Holloway thinks he won, but he's pretty much the only one.

Had it 49-46 to Volk. Only gave Max the last round as Volk looked tired for the last minute and a half of the 5th. 4th was close as well but I gave it to Volk. Max clearly lost the first 3 no question.

The judges got it wrong, but only because 2 of them scored it 48-47. It was 49-46 with Max taking round 4, or 50-45.

Rematch is gonna be exactly the same, or maybe even more lopsided in Volkanovski's favour.

Volkanowski is impressive, so I'm by no means suggesting he couldn't win a rematch. But I'm not sure at all why you'd think it will be exactly the same. Something as simple as more dedication to checking Volk's leg kicks and countering them more consistently would have made a huge difference in the fight we saw. What convinces you Max would be unwilling or unable to make such an adjustment?

I had it 50-45 for Volk. He clearly took the first three. The 4th and 5th round were close but I edged both just to Volk. Maxs BEST case is the 48-47 scores to Volk. If his corner didnt tell him he needed a finish in the last round they werent doing their jobs.

This made me sad to watch as a Max fan, but he lost 4-1 in my books. He didn't look comfortable and wasn't throwing his normal volume standing southpaw.

He needs to learn to check kicks. This reminds me of Nate vs Conor 2. Leg kicks dictated the fight

Clear cut decision for Volkanovski. I had it 49-46, but 50-45 or 48-47 are acceptable.

Of course Holloway thinks he won, but he's pretty much the only one.

Yep. Both the fourth and fifth were closish rounds. But the first three weren't. I had it 49-46 as well. Impressive win for the new champ.

Big Max fan, but he lost every in every aspect of that fight.

Whatever one thinks of DC's commentary, his attempts at scoring fights are laughably bad. He is almost always wrong. He's a terrible judge when it comes to scoring rounds.

Yeah I honestly don't mind his commentary but I was definitely thinking they need to keep him on neutral fights. He better not be the commentary for khabib/ tony. I think he'd get a bit silly

Those "kicks don't hurt bruh" boxing judges suck ass: easy 50/45 .

Volkanowski is impressive, so I'm by no means suggesting he couldn't win a rematch. But I'm not sure at all why you'd think it will be exactly the same. Something as simple as more dedication to checking Volk's leg kicks and countering them more consistently would have made a huge difference in the fight we saw. What convinces you Max would be unwilling or unable to make such an adjustment?
Max is most dangerous when he can start throwing some volume and putting his combinations together

Not unlike Nathan diaz

If max can play his game and fight with more urgency, he's a much tougher fight than he showed

Last night, all due respect, he was pretty mediocre. Did not look like a championship calibre fighter

Max is most dangerous when he can start throwing some volume and putting his combinations together

Not unlike Nathan diaz

If max can play his game and fight with more urgency, he's a much tougher fight than he showed

Last night, all due respect, he was pretty mediocre. Did not look like a championship calibre fighter

Yeah, it was strange how little urgency Max showed. And then this, that he might sincerely believe he was doing well and even winning in that fight? It's strange. I kept waiting for him to turn it on and he never did. Like he was sleep walking through the fight Tyron Woodley vs Usman style.

Because I think Volkavoski can change game plan and wrestle Max if he needs to. Give him more things to worry about than just checking leg kicks. Those calf kicks are a nightmare as well and they're hard to check without it still doing damage.

Volk was also landing some real flush hooks, with both hands, and its only because Max's chin is made of an unknown element that he didn't put him out with one. Maybe next time he connects one that does the job.

Max is top 2 FW of all time for sure, and I'm a massive fan, but I just think Volkanovski is on another level.

Because I think Volkavoski can change game plan and wrestle Max if he needs to. Give him more things to worry about than just checking leg kicks. Those calf kicks are a nightmare as well and they're hard to check without it still doing damage.

Right. So those are good points. But they that would not be the rematch playing out exactly the same, would it? That's the point you made I was taking issue with, not that Volk couldn't win a rematch. I think a rematch between these two would be unlikely to look much like the first fight.

Was always a bad style match up for Max. Real one's knew. My boy will be back, it's still Blessed Era Foreva, we still here.

This place really shows its true colors when you see the majority of posters shitting on a G like Max and crying about a rat like Colby. Scum recognize scum.

Right. So those are good points. But they that would not be the rematch playing out exactly the same, would it? That's the point you made I was taking issue with, not that Volk couldn't win a rematch. I think a rematch between these two would be unlikely to look much like the first fight.

I would be highly surprised if when they rematch Volk uses the same game plan. That gym seems far to clever for that.

Give him a rematch and when he loses a 2nd time he and BJ Penn can go party around Hawaii at the bars together.

Back