Max Holloway Cleared to Fight as UFC 231 Targeted for Matchup With Ortega

Good to hear. I hope the fight actually happens this time. Got Holloway

Rooting for Holloway, he looked and sounded horrible when interviewed by Bisping. On the way to making his own legacy

Gotta bad feeling over this one

I'm sincerely worried about Max.

He seems too prideful to quit. I really hope he has good people advising him but I have a really bad feeling about this whole thing.

Last edited:
would always root for blessed but I hope he loses and moves up to LW for his own health, I got a feeling that if he wins he would try to at least defend against Frankie.

Also pretty weird that they never learned what happened to him and yet cleared him, I got a feeling that he asked the UFC to keep his concussion quiet.

I'm sincerely worried about Max.

He seems to prideful to quit. I really hope he has good people advising him but I have a really bad feeling about this whole thing.

This. I got a feeling we will see the worst max we've ever seen and then people will call him overrated.

Hmm let's hope he is ok. I really want to see this fight. Picking Holloway but since he is out so much and might move it, maybe it would be better for division that Ortega takes the belt.

I was hoping he would move to LW. But it is what it is. Leaning towards Ortega now.

Got Max, he's p4p one of the best fighters in the world, and an overrall great guy.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/30/max-...rgeted-to-re-book-brian-ortega-clash-7896603/

He has been cleared for head trauma. Hopefully this time the fight stays intact because this is one of the best looking featherweight fights ever.

he better do things differently or the same thing could happen...the guy is cutting too much weight...he should probably start camp lighter...and not have to cut as much weight...be smarter...or they'll end up cancelling the fight again...forcing him to move up in weight.

it's another cut to 145 though

He should be forced to 155. Extreme weight cutting isn't healthy.

He should be forced to 155. Extreme weight cutting isn't healthy.

I don't see him being successful at LW sadly though. he just doesn't have the physical attributes. He is primarily a striker and with a reach of only 69" he will be badly outmatched in that department at LW.

Max is very talented and would quickly be a contender at LW. I think this is a healthier option for him. Hopefully he has a good support system that has his best interests in mind.

Back