Max Holloway believes judges should show their scores after each round.

Yea.

However, the marketability of MMA heavily relies more on entertainment than other sports. And coasting in MMA effects the entertainment value of the product in MMA (and I would say by extension most other combat sports as well) far more than a sport like football. So because of that, there is a culturally different view on coasting in a contest.

Coasting in football is not only accepted, but most times encouraged because the goal of the contest is to just win by scoring more points. In MMA, the primary objective that most of the audience wants to see is for the fighter to go for the finish, and not to run away because he or she knows they're up.
While the winner would be more likely to coast, the other guy will have to force exchanges and create action, so it would even itself out.

Positives a fighter down on the cards would go all out for the stoppage. Negative the fighter up in the cards will just evade the final round.

would completely change the sport.

i agree with it

judges's scores where showed after each round in Leonard vs Hearns 1

Yea.

However, the marketability of MMA heavily relies more on entertainment than other sports. And coasting in MMA effects the entertainment value of the product in MMA (and I would say by extension most other combat sports as well) far more than a sport like football. So because of that, there is a culturally different view on coasting in a contest.

Coasting in football is not only accepted, but most times encouraged because the goal of the contest is to just win by scoring more points. In MMA, the primary objective that most of the audience wants to see is for the fighter to go for the finish, and not to run away because he or she knows they're up.
UFC could fix a lot of the issues by offering an actual incentive to finish.

No, not some bullshit bonus that you may or may not get. I mean a real contract that ensure you get paid double or triple the amount if you finish the fight.

UFC is too greedy to part with their cash in order to reward fighters for exciting fights. This would help fix a lot of the issues, especially if they implement this system.

I also think there should be 5 judges instead of 3. And I think that seniority should play a role in judging high profile or championship fights.

A big problem is that athletic commissions simply don't care about any of this, and don't care if they made a wrong call or not.

It really should be that the UFC has their own refs and judges that they deem as competent and use them for all events regardless of what state they're in. If not, just stay in Vegas and build a better system there if other states won't accept it.

Max Holloway got outstruck on the outside by a dude 6 inches shorter than him.

"Consensus greatest Featherweight of all time"

<{anton}>

That's relevant to what Max is saying how exactly?

And it was only really Rogan who was going on about him being the FW GOAT. Don't let Rogan live rent-free in your head like this.

Back