Max Holloway believes judges should show their scores after each round.

Yes: why not?

And if they don’t want to throw them up on the screen, at least log them into a system at the end of each round.

Only probably I see with this is that more winning fighters will coast.

Max Holloway got outstruck on the outside by a dude 6 inches shorter than him.

"Consensus greatest Featherweight of all time"

<{anton}>

source.gif

Max is onto something there, would definitively let fighters know if they're on the way to losing a decision they need to bring it in the ensuing rounds. Guess the downside could be the reverse of that if you've won the majority of rounds and then know this for sure certain fighters might be more inclined to coast in the final rounds.

<{anton}>

Volk actually had a two inch reach advantage, lol.

Showing the score to who, just the fighters? In basketball, points are awarded for what objectively occurred, scoring for fights is hardly objective and judges decisions on a round by round basis can be further influenced by a crowd, promoter, coaches, and even the fighter themselves.

They did that in K-1 several years before it went belly up. I think it was a good change. A lot more drawn rounds, a lot less surprises for fighters. A lot less shady decisions too. Maybe they overdid it a bit in K-1 since it lead to many extra rounds after draws, but it's better than praying after the end of the fight, not knowing what the three retards saw.

Last edited:

<{anton}>
"I won that fight I took no damage"

That will never happen because it will expose the incompetentance and corruption that plagues MMA from the "judges" that are never accountable for the decisions they make.

Last edited:
Only probably I see with this is that more winning fighters will coast.
That also happens in other sports. For example, many people thought the 49ers should have just coasted and ran the ball, when they were up against the Chiefs. LOL

Time management is a part of clocked sports.

That also happens in other sports. For example, many people thought the 49ers should have just coasted and ran the ball, when they were up against the Chiefs. LOL

Time management is a part of clocked sports.
Yea.

However, the marketability of MMA heavily relies more on entertainment than other sports. And coasting in MMA effects the entertainment value of the product in MMA (and I would say by extension most other combat sports as well) far more than a sport like football. So because of that, there is a culturally different view on coasting in a contest.

Coasting in football is not only accepted, but most times encouraged because the goal of the contest is to just win by scoring more points. In MMA, the primary objective that most of the audience wants to see is for the fighter to go for the finish, and not to run away because he or she knows they're up.

Yea.
However, the marketability of MMA heavily relies more on entertainment than other sports. And coasting in MMA effects the entertainment value of the product in MMA (and I would say by extension most other combat sports as well) far more than a sport like football. So because of that, there is a culturally different view on coasting in a contest.
Coasting in football is not only accepted, but most times encouraged because the goal of the contest is to just win by scoring more points. In MMA, the primary objective that most of the audience wants to see is for the fighter to go for the finish, and not to run away because he or she knows they're up.
You have a reasonable opinion, but I don't agree. It is obvious that the fans just want the fighter that they are rooting for to win. They don't care how it wins. We (the fans) are fighting for bragging and bantering rights. LOL,

Also, knowing exactly how the judges are seeing the fight will force the losing fighter to do more to win. A lot of the times when the fight is close, both fighters believe that they are winning and they "coast" and avoid risks. If they both knew the exact score, then the loser could be encouraged to fight harder.

A fighter in a close fight, who doesn't know that it is losing on the judges' cards, is not going to risk a KO/TKO to make sure it wins. It is just going to believe that it is winning, and continue to fight safe.

The right knowledge for any given context is power. It is always better to know more of the right information of any given context than less.

because its harder to fix fights for the organization this way

It most definitely should be a thing. I forsee more fighters going balls out bc they are certain of being up or down on rounds. Right now each fighter generally thinks they won a round as long as it was kinda close and it fucks ppl strategy up

Back