Max Holloway’s Next Fight

If zabit beats Ortega before the Abu Dhabi card, then that's the fight to make. Khabib vs Poirier and Zabit vs Holloway would be an amazing card.

I think that you'll see Usman/Covington co-main DC/Lesnar at 241 in LA. I could see Max main eventing 240 against Frankie if they have trouble finding a main event for that end of July PPV.

Ideally IF Volkanovski beats Aldo, they would have Max make a title defense in Australia as the co-main to Whittaker/Adesanya for a huge card. I largely agree with your bookings though

If volkanovski beats Aldo after just ko’ing mendes; zabit with his incredible win streak of Bochniak, Davis, and Stephens deserves it more?

Volkanovski is ranked ahead (4 vs 6) and had a more impressive performance in his last fight. A win over Aldo would probably catapult him to #1. And if they are doing a stadium show in Australia it would be helpful to have an Australian fighting for a title in the co-main event.

Also I’m a Zabit fan and don’t want him thrown in too soon against Max. I would personally like to see him face Yair in Abu Dhabi next and then maybe Edgar or Ortega to earn a shot.
Fair points

max just got his head bashed by a big strong man who should be fighting at 170
max needs at least six months to recover

Id like to see zabit up next. Edgar would be interesting too with his wrestling skills

No clear contender at 145, I think they'll give edgar his retirement ts.

Zabit is very good but his cardio is no bueno. He needs to improve.

- Aldo takes Volkan out
- Holloway vs. Aldo 3 later this year

It's usually annoying to see a third fight when one guy has lost the first 2, but if Aldo beats Stephens, Moicano, and Volkan in a row then he's earned the TS. If he wins it'd be a fairy tale ending to his career too.

This shit made my dick hard.

Looks like we got ourselves a war wagon. Let fuckin' go!

I don't care to see Frankie Edgar in another title fight...he is getting old and he hasn't fought in just over a year now.

What about Conor going back down to 145? 155 seems a little too much for him right now...

I don't care to see Frankie Edgar in another title fight...he is getting old and he hasn't fought in just over a year now.

What about Conor going back down to 145? 155 seems a little too much for him right now...
I’m about as big a Conor hater as you’re going to find, but I would pick him to beat anyone at 155 right now not named Khabib (maybe Gillespie at some point).

I’m about as big a Conor hater as you’re going to find, but I would pick him to beat anyone at 155 right now not named Khabib (maybe Gillespie at some point).

Interesting. I don't think his power translates. (By that I don't mean he's pillow fisted at 155, just that he doesn't have that one-shot devastating pop that crumbles guys). Even his lone KO above 145, he did it with precision and having to drop Eddie 3 times.

Conor is still a threat, but his inability to just melt guys that he hits at 155 is a huge problem for him, because his gas tank isn't very good. I'd pick Dustin over him now, and for sure Tony over him. Gillespie is a good call too, not sure Conor could deal with that pace and wrestling.

I'm actually NOT a Conor hater and I think he's clearly a top 5-10 LW, but I think there's guys that beat him.

Volkanovski is ranked ahead (4 vs 6) and had a more impressive performance in his last fight. A win over Aldo would probably catapult him to #1. And if they are doing a stadium show in Australia it would be helpful to have an Australian fighting for a title in the co-main event.

Also I’m a Zabit fan and don’t want him thrown in too soon against Max. I would personally like to see him face Yair in Abu Dhabi next and then maybe Edgar or Ortega to earn a shot.
I think Zabit's schooling of Stephen's was more impressive. He barely broke a sweat going the distance. Volkanovski took out a legit threat but there was a moment in the fight he was hurt bad. Edgar also KO'd Mendes... What you say about the Australian card makes sense though.

There was a video that surfaced of Zabit fighting Islam Makhechev where he won the first round easily. Dont really think he needs to prove himself. A win over Yair, Edgar, or Ortega should get him the next title shot.

Last edited:
I think Zabit's schooling of Stephen's was more impressive. He barely broke a sweat going the distance.
Rewatch the fight and mute the commentary
Zabit did not school anything
It should of been a draw since he should of been deducted a point for cheating
Stephens was robbed of a draw
Zabit gasses hard, how did he not break a sweat? Like I said rewatch and mute the commentary, it was extremely competitive and should of been a draw due to Zabits cheating

Crazy

Rewatch the fight and mute the commentary
Zabit did not school anything
It should of been a draw since he should of been deducted a point for cheating
Stephens was robbed of a draw
Zabit gasses hard, how did he not break a sweat? Like I said rewatch and mute the commentary, it was extremely competitive and should of been a draw due to Zabits cheating

Crazy
I dont let the commentary influence my judgement. Zabit picked Stephens apart standing and dominated him on the ground. Stephens whiffed on nearly all his strikes and the few that got through Zabit rolled with and didnt take any damage. People like to parrot the narrative he gasses. Zabit's pace didnt slow down at all in that fight. He had enough at the end to start clowning and throwing wheel kicks.

You claiming a point should have been deducted is laughable. The first inside leg kick was questionable, but the one in round 2 was a teep to the stomach that Jeremy tried to fake. The ref wasnt even buying it. If anything a point should have been taken for Stephens pushing Zabit after the bell.

"Extremely competitive" LOL

lol nobody cares to see Max vs Aldo 3 or Max vs Ortega 2... Frankie has already been smoked by ortega and aldo x2. His last win was over Swanson.

Zabit vs Ortega and Volk vs Aldo

Zabit wins he gets TS. If Volk wins he gets a TS. If they both win I think the UFC does one after the other for max.

Or max vacates and stays at 155

Back