Max couldn't duck Aldo if he wanted to

He has the interim belt. That means the next title fight at 145 is going to be Aldo/Max unless they both retire and or move weightclasses for no good reason. Max fucked up and he's probably not that good at math. He didn't realize 208 was only 7 weeks after he just fought. They can fight in March if Aldo doesn't duck. Get over it Waldo fans. Max is going to curb stomp your boy.

Oh and that's all besides the point of when you consider the question "why exactly would the #1 contender want to duck the champ???!"
It's not about ducking. It's not about whoever's fans. It's about the UFC's booking.

He probably heard February and was like oh thats 3 months away no problem. Then realized it was only 7 weeks after he just fought. Your job, if you have one, probably doesn't involve any schedule. You just mop where they tell you, but these things can happen in the real world

Dude, he knew it WEEKS before the fight.

This is from November 30th! ===> LINK

So you are saying he spent (at least) two weeks knowing when the fight against Aldo would be and didn't bother to check on his calendar???
Even if true, stop pretending it is not his damn fault!

You guys are seriously ridiculous when you decide to make up excuses for him!

The simple fact is: HE KNEW!

Sorry, but these are lies.

Holloway knew it was February weeks BEFORE his fight against Pettis.

CLaiming he didn't check before are terrible excuses when we have him on record speaking about a fight against Aldo in february.
And he was focused on the fight ahead of him. Now that he is focused on his next fight, he quickly saw Feb won't work.

He wanted Aldo at 205, 206, and wants him next, how is he ducking?

This is from November 30th! ===> LINK
This is what YOUR source says ...
At the end of the day, Aldo had the chance to fight," he said. "There were rumors of us fighting at [UFC] 205, and there were rumors of us fighting here at [UFC] 206, but the motherf*cker kept saying no, so we’ll see what happens. With all these things going on this makes it super-clear, whoever wins gets Aldo next. And everybody knows how vocal I’ve been with Aldo, so everything go good, the road is straight, and Aldo is going to be next, and they say it’s for undisputed.

I see nothing about him talking about February, can you quote it?

It's time to end this ridiculous interim belt bullshit once and for all, and introduce an interim-interim belt for every division so that when inevitably a champion is injured, there's a backup ready with a backup belt.

This is what YOUR source says ...

I see nothing about him talking about February, can you quote it?
... you are right.
Somehow I read 205 & 206 and my brain said "February"....

my bad!

Though that doesn't change the fact he called Aldo to fight him in February on his post fight interview.
And I am sure he didn't pull the venue out of his ass. He knew where the venue was and obviously the date as well. Still makes this his fault!

Jose Aldo, meet me in Brooklyn in February. Let's get the f****** real one!' he roared into the crowd with his title held aloft.

I was replying to your post saying Max is refusing to fight Aldo when your post disappeared.

Max is not refusing, that's a lie. Barring anything else he is not medically cleared to train yet.

Though that doesn't change the fact he called Aldo to fight him in February on his post fight interview.
And I am sure he didn't pull the venue out of his ass. He knew where the venue was and obviously the date as well. Still makes this his fault!
Oh I have always maintained Max was stupid for saying that. But he was high on his victory and not thinking, still stupid.

Either way Max is not ducking, Max wants Aldo ASAP, Feb is just not realistic, and any unbiased person should be able to see that. I don't blame Aldo either, as of right now only the UFC is at fault.

Oh I have always maintained Max was stupid for saying that. But he was high on his victory and not thinking, still stupid.

Either way Max is not ducking, Max wants Aldo ASAP, Feb is just not realistic, and any unbiased person should be able to see that. I don't blame Aldo either, as of right now only the UFC is at fault.
Oh come on!
If he would have said in an event in February, I would agree, for there could be many.
But he obviously knew the fight would be in February and in Brooklyn, so he obviously knew the exact date!!

he was expecting Aldo to refuse! As Aldo did not, he started making excuses! (too soon, two camps, my son's birthday, Holidays with the family, Disney, and only AFTER THAT he mentioned his injury!)

ASAP means "As Soon as Possible"
February was ASAP.

So I Disagree with you. He ducked Aldo.

Look, as I noted about Conor ducking Aldo.
I understand there are reasons.
Holloway's reasons might be all the ones he mentions.

But that's ducking the date he wanted!!! He called out Aldo!!

He should have STFU and put up, because it was his word calling out Aldo!

I find it unfair to Aldo, because if Aldo would have said not in February, everyone would be bashing him to no end!!

Holloway put himself in that position! No one else!

Aldo is the greatest 145 lb fighter the world has ever seen. Max isnt ducking but he knows he needs time to properly fight him. Smart kid, but that being said aldo wants to fight, if ferg doesnt fall for the bait on them using aldo as a negotiating tool and ufc lets aldo have a chance at being thethe second guy to hold 2 belts at the same time i can see them making the khabib aldo fight. Aldo beating frankie and then khabib will cement his legacy as a GOAT

Oh come on!
If he would have said in an event in February, I would agree, for there could be many.
But he obviously knew the fight would be in February and in Brooklyn, so he obviously knew the exact date!!
Yes, post fight. And as I said he was stupid to agree, but high on his win and not thinking I can understand.

he was expecting Aldo to refuse! As Aldo did not, he started making excuses! (too soon, two camps, my son's birthday, Holidays with the family, Disney, and only AFTER THAT he mentioned his injury!)

ASAP means "As Soon as Possible"
February was ASAP.
How is Feb possible if he is not cleared to even train yet?

So I Disagree with you. He ducked Aldo.

Look, as I noted about Conor ducking Aldo.
I understand there are reasons.
Holloway's reasons might be all the ones he mentions.

But that's ducking the date he wanted!!! He called out Aldo!!
It's not the date he wanted, it's the date he was told it would happen. He did not pick the date.

He should have STFU and put up, because it was his word calling out Aldo!

I find it unfair to Aldo, because if Aldo would have said not in February, everyone would be bashing him to no end!!

Holloway put himself in that position! No one else!
If you think Aldo saying Feb is too soon let's do it in March would get him hate when it should not .. why are you doing exactly what you think is wrong?

Aldo is the greatest 145 lb fighter the world has ever seen. Max isnt ducking but he knows he needs time to properly fight him. Smart kid, but that being said aldo wants to fight, if ferg doesnt fall for the bait on them using aldo as a negotiating tool and ufc lets aldo have a chance at being thethe second guy to hold 2 belts at the same time i can see them making the khabib aldo fight. Aldo beating frankie and then khabib will cement his legacy as a GOAT
If Aldo wanted to fight he should have fought Max at UFC 206. Can't have it both ways. Aldo and Max fighting in March/April is the answer.

If Aldo wanted to fight he should have fought Max at UFC 206. Can't have it both ways. Aldo and Max fighting in March/April is the answer.
nah i like aldo fighting khabib for the 155 belt better to be honest. I doubt it happens but i would like to see it. Aldo max in march wouldnt be terrible either tho.

nah i like aldo fighting khabib for the 155 belt better to be honest. I doubt it happens but i would like to see it. Aldo max in march wouldnt be terrible either tho.
All the Aldo fans demanded Conor give his belt up if he didn't defend it. So Aldo can give his up and move to 155 and let Max be champ. That's fine too.

Anyone who bashed Conor and supports Aldo doing it are hypocrites though (not saying you, I have no idea your stance on Conor).

But Khabib deserves the real 155 belt and should really fight Conor.

Yes, post fight. And as I said he was stupid to agree, but high on his win and not thinking I can understand.

How is Feb possible if he is not cleared to even train yet?

It's not the date he wanted, it's the date he was told it would happen. He did not pick the date.

If you think Aldo saying Feb is too soon let's do it in March would get him hate when it should not .. why are you doing exactly what you think is wrong?
I am saying Holloway is the one who called the date and the venue and accused Aldo of running and refusing to fight!
He was the one cursing at Aldo multiple times.

If Aldo was to refuse February, Holloway would feel justified and would continue the disrespect towards Aldo.

I am not doing anything wrong.
Aldo did not disrespect anyone.
Actually, he agreed with the date and time Holloway called him out.

So this is on Holloway to honor the venue he himself picked!@

Even if he didn't check, that's still on him! No one told him to call out Aldo for this event! He did it on his own!
He should stand by his own words, or he ducked Aldo.

why not?
He accepted Holloway at the venue that was presented. Holloway did not want it.
Aldo is free to fight at LW for the belt!

How can anyone justify Conor fighting at LW without any title defense but obligate Aldo to defend before moving up?
Aldo has defended the FW belt multiple times already, for many years!

How can anyone justify Conor fighting at LW without any title defense but obligate Aldo to defend before moving up?
I blasted Conor for doing it too. Unlike you I don't change my opinion based on nationality.

He has the interim belt. That means the next title fight at 145 is going to be Aldo/Max unless they both retire and or move weightclasses for no good reason. Max fucked up and he's probably not that good at math. He didn't realize 208 was only 7 weeks after he just fought. They can fight in March if Aldo doesn't duck. Get over it Waldo fans. Max is going to curb stomp your boy.

Oh and that's all besides the point of when you consider the question "why exactly would the #1 contender want to duck the champ???!"
I liked your post. It was reasonable until you started going all anti Waldo is going to get curb stomped. It's like you wanted people to listen only to then alienate them. Regardless you have a point, Max is not ducking anyone he just wants an optimal camp like most fighters do.

I liked your post. It was reasonable until you started going all anti Waldo is going to get curb stomped. It's like you wanted people to listen only to then alienate them. Regardless you have a point, Max is not ducking anyone he just wants an optimal camp like most fighters do.

I had a pretty good buzz when I wrote it :p

Back