Max couldn't duck Aldo if he wanted to

He has the interim belt. That means the next title fight at 145 is going to be Aldo/Max unless they both retire and or move weightclasses for no good reason. Max fucked up and he's probably not that good at math. He didn't realize 208 was only 7 weeks after he just fought. They can fight in March if Aldo doesn't duck. Get over it Waldo fans. Max is going to curb stomp your boy.

Oh and that's all besides the point of when you consider the question "why exactly would the #1 contender want to duck the champ???!"

I've been a fan of Hollaway for a long time but I've also been a fan of Aldo since the begining.

Holloway has kind of been rubbing me the wrong way the last few month with all the shit he's talked about Aldo and he capped it off with the where's Waldo bullshit only to have Aldo call his bluff immediately and then started back petaling. It made him look rather silly.

According to him though he can't fight until sometime in April now though do to an ankle injury, lol, if this was Aldo saying that you would all be saying he's making it up and faking the injury to duck Max.

Max's time will come and as much as I like him I don't think he's going to be undisputed champ as long as Aldo is holding the belt. If Aldo goes up to 155 and stays there though I have no doubt Max will be the man in that division for the forseable future.

Why would anyone duck the champion? He stupidly called Aldo out too soon and wants some time to heal and prepare.
This is correct. The real dumb part is Holloway not admitting he screwed up with the timing. I don't know why he can't just admit that, it's bizarre.

exactly my point. Aldo fans are going full retard with this one.
It's more that the retards on Sherdog (where the Aldo hate runs high at the best of times) immediately began squealing that Aldo had pulled out, refused to fight Max, etc, etc...

Thus, they had to be introduced to Max Holiday.

<209Bitch>

Yes, but Aldo wasn't offered the Max fight earlier. He was given the Edgar fight. Contrary to popular opinion here, Aldo isn't actually the matchmaker for the UFC. He can suggest guys he wants to fight, or call guys out, but none of that actually changes who the UFC give you. When he gets asked to fight, he can accept or decline. Aldo accepted to fight Max when the fight got offered to him.

Max declined to fight Aldo when the offer was given to him, even after calling him out and saying "I'll fight you at 208".

Yeah but Max said Aldo was offered the fight at 206 and then suddenly the fight was actually with Pettis instead. Although Dana has somehow never mentioned this when he was all over throwing Aldo under the bus and making him look bad for not accepting the fight he was offered a week after coming off medical no contact suspension that hed no title on the line and would have been absurd to accept.

Max is to be taken at his word though, Aldo got a contract to fight him at 206 and refused to sign, Max said it so it must be true. Just like he said he is going to fight "Waldo" at 208 if anybody could find him.

Aldo is clearly trying to play games to get Max to fight with almost no fight camp. He's SCURRREEDDDDDDD

So one second you're saying Max isn't ducking and the turn round and say Aldo is ducking?

Neither are scared nor ducking imo, Max goofed with his call out and then the whole Disneyland thing. Hopefully we'll see them fight soon.

Aldo really wants to avenge the one loss he has had in the UFC which is why we wanted to get this fight over with so he can move up. He is obsessed on revenge. It's making for quite a story.

Galloway is hoping Aldo decides to move up permanent so his toy belts becomes real ;)

Aldo really wants to avenge the one loss he has had in the UFC which is why we wanted to get this fight over with so he can move up. He is obsessed on revenge. It's making for quite a story.

Galloway is hoping Aldo decides to move up permanent so his toy belts becomes real ;)

Nah. Halloway isn't interested in a hand me down belt like Aldo was. He not afraid to fight this jester.
jose-aldo-king.jpg

He has the interim belt. That means the next title fight at 145 is going to be Aldo/Max unless they both retire and or move weightclasses for no good reason. Max fucked up and he's probably not that good at math. He didn't realize 208 was only 7 weeks after he just fought. They can fight in March if Aldo doesn't duck. Get over it Waldo fans. Max is going to curb stomp your boy.

Oh and that's all besides the point of when you consider the question "why exactly would the #1 contender want to duck the champ???!"
he spoke about fighting Aldo in February BEFORE the fight against Pettis.
So no, he didn't "just realize" when he was fighting next.

He ducked!

he spoke about fighting Aldo in February BEFORE the fight against Pettis.
So no, he didn't "just realize" when he was fighting next.

He ducked!

You can't duck the champ. Thats Max's next fight, but Aldo seems to be trying to talk his way out if it.

lol @ these fucking Mcnugget plebeians defending Max for his bullshit.

Why would anyone duck the champion? He stupidly called Aldo out too soon and wants some time to heal and prepare.
He did not choose the date, he was told it was Feb. and in the heat of the moment didn't think about how soon that was.

You can't duck the champ. Thats Max's next fight, but Aldo seems to be trying to talk his way out if it.

Bitch please! Your version of distorted reality is amazing.
Let us both analyze it together!

Holloway called aldo before Pettis fight.
Holloway called Aldo right after Pettis fight.
In both occasions, he said "Brooklyn in February"!
So he knew where and when! He didn't get confused! He didn't forget.
He was simply counting on Aldo refusing to fight!

But then Aldo ACCEPTED the fight!

Holloway then started with the excuses.
I wanna spend the Holidays!!
It's my son's birthday!!
I want to go to Disney
He wants me to have two camps (back to back)
and finally
I has an Injury!

The above are facts!

I love me some Holloway, but in this case here, he is obviously wrong.
He called out Aldo! He gave the time, venue and date!
Just check out his own quotes!!!

Bitch please! Your version of distorted reality is amazing.
Let us both analyze it together!

Holloway called aldo before Pettis fight.
Holloway called Aldo right after Pettis fight.
In both occasions, he said "Brooklyn in February"!
So he knew where and when! He didn't get confused! He didn't forget.
He was simply counting on Aldo refusing to fight!

But then Aldo ACCEPTED the fight!

Holloway then started with the excuses.
I wanna spend the Holidays!!
It's my son's birthday!!
I want to go to Disney
He wants me to have two camps (back to back)
and finally
I has an Injury!

The above are facts!

I love me some Holloway, but in this case here, he is obviously wrong.
He called out Aldo! He gave the time, venue and date!
Just check out his own quotes!!!

Max was dumb, but Aldo fans are even dumber if they think Max/Aldo isn't their next fight.

Max was dumb, but Aldo fans are even dumber if they think Max/Aldo isn't their next fight.

Aldo accepted to fight Holloway.

Holloway is the one who refused to fight Aldo.

The above are known FACTS.
You need to learn to deal with it before trying to twist this and make it Aldo's fault.

Last edited:
He called ALdo to fight in february.
Aldo agreed.
He refuses to fight at the date and time HE CALLED ALDO!
Didn't we already go over this? He did not choose the date. While he should have immediately realized Feb was a problem, it didn't take him long to do so. The UFC/Aldo chose Feb, Max agreed, then quickly said Feb is too soon let's give me some time to heal up and do it as soon as we can after.

How is that ducking Aldo?

He ducked Feb 11th ... as he should, not Aldo.

Didn't we already go over this? He did not choose the date. While he should have immediately realized Feb was a problem, it didn't take him long to do so. The UFC/Aldo chose Feb, Max agreed, then quickly said Feb is too soon let's give me some time to heal up and do it as soon as we can after.

How is that ducking Aldo?

He ducked Feb 11th ... as he should, not Aldo.
Sorry, but these are lies.

Holloway knew it was February weeks BEFORE his fight against Pettis.

CLaiming he didn't check before are terrible excuses when we have him on record speaking about a fight against Aldo in february.

Sorry, but these are lies.

Holloway knew it was February weeks BEFORE his fight against Pettis.

CLaiming he didn't check before are terrible excuses when we have him on record speaking about a fight against Aldo in february.

He probably heard February and was like oh thats 3 months away no problem. Then realized it was only 7 weeks after he just fought. Your job, if you have one, probably doesn't involve any schedule. You just mop where they tell you, but these things can happen in the real world

Back